Sign in to follow this  
Geordie

WIP - UK Joint Helicopter Command, Skin mods

AR72_JHC_Promo-1.png

>>>> Click images for full size <<<<

th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-03-37-15.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-28-15-75.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-50-41-75.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-52-43-21.jpg

My first effort, not much but something other than the default skins....enjoy.

Releasing as soon as I can figure out why the Hellfires look transparent (white-ish glow) from the underside veiw...any ideas?

[EDIT: screens]

Edited by Geordie

th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-03-17-04.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-05-50-99.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-17-54-90.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-24-33-03.jpg th_arma2oa2010-07-2015-25-55-89.jpg

more shots

Edited by Geordie

Yeah same they look good, 1 suggestion I'd make is put them under UK armed forces with the other British stuff :)

Yeah same they look good, 1 suggestion I'd make is put them under UK armed forces with the other British stuff :)

The cofig is setup for

BLUFOR

UK Forces

Joint Helicopter Command

Apache AH.1

Chinook HC.2

hope this helps ;)

What he means is that other UK Addon makers have decided on a unified British Armed Forces name,(Im 75% sure that's it), and as such I think he is saying it would be 'sensible' to put them there.

Ooo very nice, I was hoping somebody would do this. Yeah, the Blufor faction should be "UK Armed Forces" so they come under the same faction as all the other UK addons. ;)

What he means is that other UK Addon makers have decided on a unified British Armed Forces name,(Im 75% sure that's it), and as such I think he is saying it would be 'sensible' to put them there.

There are four of us now using a common Faction tag:

class CfgFactionClasses {
class UK_ARMED_FORCES {
 displayName = "UK Armed Forces";
 priority = 8;
 side = 1;
};
};

Its not tying you to anything just makes it easier for the community to find everything without having to look in a load of different faction classes. But its your choice.

Nice project all be good to have a little extra brit stuff, as stated previous, usfull if they would all be in UK-armed forces.

Good luck with your endevours.

Nice work so far, I know I will be using those in missions I make.

An RAF C130 skin would go down a storm too.

OP, is this a simple replacement pack? If so I'd love to get this into our group. Good work, loving the flag on the bottom of the chinook.

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

I agree with the standardisation of factions, The helos appear in the editor like so.......

th_arma2oa2010-07-2112-49-31-70.jpg

A couple of questions.....

What is going on with the hellfires, They appear in game the same as in the picture. [see screenie below]

I have eliminated my mods because I did a complete reinstall of the game, ran it and got the same same effect (no mods, just stock out the box).....weird....any ideas?

If possible, I will attempt to fix this anomoly and include it with the AH.1.

th_buldozer2010-07-2112-55-37-69.jpg

When these are ready (soon), I beleive it would be wise to sign the addon, I fully understand the purpose of keys and totallt agree with them, would one be needed for just a skin modification?

@ rexehuk: This stands as an addon for the time being, I could work on a replacement in the future.

On a side note....

Overall this is the beginning of a learning curve for me, The config scripting will certainly come in handy for completing my maps (more details to come) and texturing is always something ive tinkered with in PS.

This is the first time i've managed to get them working in a game with specifics.

I've many users and forums (google incl) dating from OFP to Arma2 to thank, The information is vast and duly greatful, so much reading...thanks to all.

Every step understood opens a new challenge....relentless! :D

Cheers

Edited by Geordie

Nice work so far, I know I will be using those in missions I make.

An RAF C130 skin would go down a storm too.

Starting it this weekend, all should be good except for the 'Royal Air Force' on the fuselage, Both Green and Gray versions?

OP, is this a simple replacement pack? If so I'd love to get this into our group. Good work, loving the flag on the bottom of the chinook.

I will investigate adding replacement versions this weekend.

Update for the mod............

ADDON RELEASED

Starting it this weekend, all should be good except for the 'Royal Air Force' on the fuselage, Both Green and Gray versions?

I would certainly love this version over all others.

RAFHerculesL_468x325.jpg

I would certainly love this version over all others.

RAFHerculesL_468x325.jpg

Classic 80's, Back when ground techies knew how to use a brush, lol

I loved that era of RAF camo too (Phantom FGR.2)

It could be done, but may not look correct, the texture template mirrors itself on the fuselage.

So that side view in the pic would be mirrored on the other side of the aircraft, this works, but when you veiw from above and below you have a symmetrical pattern which looks bad.

That is also a C1 with 4 blade props.

There has been a C130H released which is the same as the C1, I would however need to contact the creator for permission to skin mod the aircraft.

^^^^^That could be an option^^^^^ ?

i already have a desert and green c130 reskins done but not released yet

arma2OA2012-09-2603-01-16-58_zps606a7983.jpg

not quite happy with the shade of green and

arma2OA2012-09-2601-06-00-10_zpsf8c76c3c.jpg

arma2OA2012-09-2601-06-16-28_zps862cc783.jpg

Looking good, one thing they would benefit from is some dust/dirt etc. on them I think.

Holy thread Necromancy batman!

You realise you just dug up a 2 year old thread to talk to someone who hasn't been on the forums for about 18 months...

Holy thread Necromancy batman!

You realise you just dug up a 2 year old thread to talk to someone who hasn't been on the forums for about 18 months...

that wasnt my intention and i wasnt playing attention to the day *slaps head*

never mind, im still struggling with something else and this came up in the search results ive been trolling through to help me with the answer.

that wasnt my intention and i wasnt playing attention to the day *slaps head*

never mind, im still struggling with something else and this came up in the search results ive been trolling through to help me with the answer.

well in that case, Aircraft are painted in matte paint to reduce reflection, messing with the Rvmats to reduce the shine will likely help with the OD, the colour should probably be a little closer to a olive than a dark green too.

But next time starting your own thread or one of the pinned threads is probably your best bet.