Sign in to follow this  
Placebo

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead - DEMO!

The demo will go live at 5pm GMT / 6pm CET.

http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/arma-2-operation-arrowheads-demo-released-2_en.html

This 3GB demo thrusts you straight into the unique gameplay featured in the full version of Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead; it showcases the realistic sandbox environment, offers multiplayer gameplay, and gives you a peek at the vast array of vehicles, weapons, units at your disposal. The demo offers a massive amount of highly detailed content, giving you a sharp flavour of the epic new environment (modelled on real-world data), a full taste of the mission editor, and a real appetite to experience the most authentic mil-sim available: war without the training wheels.

Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead's demo includes:

• Singleplayer mission "Coltan Blues" from the main campaign
  • Singleplayer scenarios "Benchmark" and "Little Bird"
  • 3 Boot Camp scenarios (Basic, Driving and Helicopter tutorials)
  • Multiplayer missions "Hike In The Hills" and "One Shot One Kill"
  • multiplayer template "Team Deathmatch"
  • Mission Editor with save/load option

Once the download is live it can be found here: http://www.arma2.com/demo/index_en.html as well as in the Community Wiki.

---------- Post added at 16:52 ---------- Previous post was at 16:43 ----------

Torrent is online now and will become live automatically: http://www.gameupdates.org/details.php?id=4230

Nice!!! I can start downloading at noon, will give me plenty of time left during the day to play it. 2 more hours!

That's great news. Congratulations!

I'll download and seed as well.

I contacted a bunch of Aussie servers to try to ensure it's mirrored so if they got their arses into gear in time there should be Internode, Ausgamers and Gamearena mirrors hopefully :)

already have it

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

the game lol

What's up with the Fileplanet mirror all I get is a blank page? I'm guessing it's still uploading, right?

What's up with the Fileplanet mirror all I get is a blank page? I'm guessing it's still uploading, right?

Yeah same just decided to DL it off the .cz website hope its still in English

Is there any information wheter or not you can install it with Arma2 already installed, without fcking-up your Arma2-installation when uninstalling the OA demo afterwards?

I hate having a 1.2 mbps connection, says I have 9 hours left on the download but I'm using the torrent version so maybe that's why.

Normally it takes me like 5-6 hours to download 2-3 gigabytes.

Yeah every download link is quite slow for me so looks like ill just leave it overnight.

* Mission Editor with save/load option

Good choice. Probably my biggest anger with Arma2 Demo that I had to recreate everything I wanted to test everytime it crashed.

Is there any information wheter or not you can install it with Arma2 already installed, without fcking-up your Arma2-installation when uninstalling the OA demo afterwards?

good question...anyone know for sure?

in case You no aware of it

You can host dedicated server with

-server

in commandline fo the binary :)

Thank You BIS, at least there's something to play around with until the Hun publisher delivers the game here in August :( :)

+1 for the question if the demo can be used together with ArmA 2?

Thank You BIS, at least there's something to play around with until the Hun publisher delivers the game here in August :( :)

+1 for the question if the demo can be used together with ArmA 2?

no demo is not moddable ...

for that You need real deal game

But will it mess up my Arma2 installation or is it installed entirely at a different spot and can be safe de-installed afterwards?

Wow I just tried it, it runs very smooth for me (a lot more than Arma2), although I haven't tried big battles. I have a quad core, 2 gigs ram and an ATI 3870, and with med to low settings I get always more than 30fps, even if I mess with the town gen module. The thing is, even at 30fps it feels really smooth, no microstutter at all, very responsive. Feels like 100fps. Great job BIS!

But will it mess up my Arma2 installation or is it installed entirely at a different spot and can be safe de-installed afterwards?

different location for data

and

different profile locations too

is it installed entirely at a different spot and can be safe de-installed afterwards?

Yes.

Or if you're afraid simply back up your ArmA2 saves and such, you've heard of the thing called common sense right? :eek:

Wow I just tried it, it runs very smooth for me (a lot more than Arma2), although I haven't tried big battles. I have a quad core, 2 gigs ram and an ATI 3870, and with med to low settings I get always more than 30fps, even if I mess with the town gen module. The thing is, even at 30fps it feels really smooth, no microstutter at all, very responsive. Feels like 100fps. Great job BIS!

What settings do you use? :s