Sign in to follow this  
ATP Arma 2 OA Fan

Arma 2 or arma 2 oa ?

Which Is The Best ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is The Best ?

Combined operations ? The new toys are great, but nothing beats chernarus in my book

Combined operations ? The new toys are great, but nothing beats chernarus in my book

Don't have Combined Operations just arma 2 original is this a massive gain over the original title ?

No need to buy Combined operation if you already have Arma2. Just get OA and install it over Arma 2, both will combine to give you the same result.

It certainly adds in terms of gameplay and variety in your arsenal and landscapes. If you have a beefy video card, you can use new video effects even on Chernarus + a lot of small improvements which do make a difference in the end.

Massive or not, is up to you to decide, but you will soon find it hard to play MP if you don't own both, as many servers will consider it a requisite (unlike queens gambit in it's time)

As a whole, I prefer Arma 2 because I prefer the settings and campaign was longer and more immersive (bugs aside, but I never had a major pb with it) but OA is a no brainer if you like the series. And CQB is better OA... And eventually, this is a rethorical question. For me it's not either/or, but both !

Edited by EricM

No need to buy Combined operation if you already have Arma2. Just get OA and install it over Arma 2, both will combine to give you the same result.

It certainly adds in terms of gameplay and variety in your arsenal and landscapes. If you have a beefy video card, you can use new video effects even on Chernarus + a lot of small improvements which do make a difference in the end.

Massive or not, is up to you to decide, but you will soon find it hard to play MP if you don't own both, as many servers will consider it a requisite (unlike queens gambit in it's time)

As a whole, I prefer Arma 2 because I prefer the settings and campaign was longer and more immersive (bugs aside, but I never had a major pb with it) but OA is a no brainer if you like the series. And CQB is better OA... And eventually, this is a rethorical question. For me it's not either/or, but both !

:eek::butbut:

Great Post

hmmm, need a third option in the poll, combined ops ;)

yeah its not really an "either or". Although OA is stand alone it really works best as an extension.

I installed OA directly into my ArmA 2 folder, and got Combined Operations from it.:inlove:

It`s the best thing any ArmA 2 Player can do.

. And CQB is better OA... !

This is true and why I personally prefer OA now. Actually had some pretty exciting fights against AI in some of those multi-leveled shanty buildings and they were using ladders and changing levels looking for me. I thought Chernarus was quite brilliant in terms of realistic countryside map but I really like Takistan and the setting is just more my cup of tea.

Plus all buildings are now enterable!!!

Some new indoor AI animations and I'll be in froggy heaven :rolleyes: