Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

My group is using ACRE first time this week. Generally works quite fine, but we've got 2 serious problems:

1. One member of my group has a problem with radio. He is perfectly understood in 3d sound, but very often we cant hear him on the radio. He has exactly same frequency, everything seems to be fine. He has Win7 32-bit and uses proper version of plugin and newest ACRE. Rest of my squad can communicate freely.

2. We use our own addons, but config class base is US_Soldier_EP1. So why some people... have radios AN/PRC-343, while rest operates with standard PRC-148. What is the best, always same people start with this radio. E. g. I have always PRC-148, but KubX ALWAYS 343, which we are not trained in use with.

Can you tell me what causes this problem, because if this is fixed we gonna have great fun with this mod.

My group is using ACRE first time this week. Generally works quite fine, but we've got 2 serious problems:

1. One member of my group has a problem with radio. He is perfectly understood in 3d sound, but very often we cant hear him on the radio. He has exactly same frequency, everything seems to be fine. He has Win7 32-bit and uses proper version of plugin and newest ACRE. Rest of my squad can communicate freely.

2. We use our own addons, but config class base is US_Soldier_EP1. So why some people... have radios AN/PRC-343, while rest operates with standard PRC-148. What is the best, always same people start with this radio. E. g. I have always PRC-148, but KubX ALWAYS 343, which we are not trained in use with.

Can you tell me what causes this problem, because if this is fixed we gonna have great fun with this mod.

SAS TrooP- Since your speaking for your entire group, can yourself of whoever runs technical stuff for your group get a hold of me on Skype to work out your problems? I'll be glad to help

Skypename: walterpearce

Problem is, neither me nor rest of my group uses Skype :D

Any TS contact?

BTW, tested again jsut a seconds ago (could be seen on XF toolbar here on forums), same people have 343 again. Notice the fact that it happens only after that update. We trained with ACRE beofre and everything was fine.

@SaS TrooP try to udapte with the .rar, my mate have the same probleme with the .exe

Exe solved the problem, thans M1n1d0u!

But I still need to solve the problem with muted radio.

No - it will be released within 8 hours or so.

We had some installer bugs over at UO, I am fixing those and working on the new installer. Once it is done, a full pub release will go out.

Is the NEW release ACRE or JayArma2Lib?

What version is the update?

What Fixes/Features ?

Ques2: With the latest release of JayArma2Lib their was mention of replacing the dsound.dll. This I have residing in the Arma2 program directory and the windows\system32 dir Do I replace both?

Just answered my own question!!!

From JayArma2Lib front page !!

SECOND NOTE:

The final release version will consist of 1(ONE) DLL in the ArmA2 Root that will *not* change, and 1(ONE) DLL in an addon folder, @JayArma2Lib. So please do not rely on this release structure for anything critical/special/whatever.

Edited by Wastelander

But I still need to solve the problem with muted radio.

I Agree, muted radio is a weird problem. :(

i had this issue where i could send trasmissions but couldnt recieve any on the 148. the quick fix is to open up ur 148 change power and then run bout 50 75 meters away from your position and it kicked back to normal

Hello fellow arma 2 and arma 2 mod lovers, I have a trouble shooting question. I looked through this forum thread, and looked at the trouble shooting guide, hopefully I can find a solution. I installed ACRE and TS3 is up-to-date, I have the latest version of ACE, but when I load TS3 to activate the plug-in it tells me Api version is incompatible. Now I followed the instructions, (I also recently joined 7th Cav, with their addons, and ACRE is required for their clan), also I have the hard copy of Arma 2, and the steam version of Arrowhead, steam BAF (don't know if that is important). The version of TS3 is 3.0.0beta36, and I have the latest ACRE, the downloaded file is called HOTFIX though. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. If it is the newest version or just an update to the program.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance Ringo

:bounce3:

Hello fellow arma 2 and arma 2 mod lovers, I have a trouble shooting question. I looked through this forum thread, and looked at the trouble shooting guide, hopefully I can find a solution. I installed ACRE and TS3 is up-to-date, I have the latest version of ACE, but when I load TS3 to activate the plug-in it tells me Api version is incompatible. Now I followed the instructions, (I also recently joined 7th Cav, with their addons, and ACRE is required for their clan), also I have the hard copy of Arma 2, and the steam version of Arrowhead, steam BAF (don't know if that is important). The version of TS3 is 3.0.0beta36, and I have the latest ACRE, the downloaded file is called HOTFIX though. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. If it is the newest version or just an update to the program.

Any advice would be appreciated, thank you in advance Ringo

:bounce3:

Ask Bone to help you out, and if he can't he can ask me. :p

Having a good stay at home day, eh Nou? :p

Things working perfectly over here at TFB; I'm sure Attridge has been stroking your ego enough as is, though. :rolleyes:

Who is Bone, and now it is telling me that I have a incompatiable version of Arma, that is BS. I have a up-to-date version.

Having a good stay at home day, eh Nou? :p

Things working perfectly over here at TFB; I'm sure Attridge has been stroking your ego enough as is, though. :rolleyes:

Yea... haha... wait I stay home everyday... :(

This is what my friends front road looks like out on the Key Peninsula this morning... :p I made the drive in from there yesterday morning and highway 16 was a mess, snow covering everything and no one in this state seems to know how to drive in the snow... Saw a lot of spin outs and idiots trying to gun it up like a 2% grade... :rolleyes:

M2GM3KGqsS0

Yea... haha... wait I stay home everyday... :(

This is what my friends front road looks like out on the Key Peninsula this morning... :p I made the drive in from there yesterday morning and highway 16 was a mess, snow covering everything and no one in this state seems to know how to drive in the snow... Saw a lot of spin outs and idiots trying to gun it up like a 2% grade... :rolleyes:

M2GM3KGqsS0

Nice graphics man.

Hey guys I figured it out, I guess the version of acre I dled was old and not right. I dled it, (1.0.15), installed it, it still gave me a error, but realized the acre config folder wasn't in the Arma config folder. It loaded okay and no problems as of yet.

Thanx

were it the newest version... to download ? every one talking about the 1.0.15 and ill like to have a go at it :O)

or is it due soon :)

Yea... haha... wait I stay home everyday...

I know how you feel man... :(

This is what my friends front road looks like out on the Key Peninsula this morning... I made the drive in from there yesterday morning and highway 16 was a mess, snow covering everything and no one in this state seems to know how to drive in the snow... Saw a lot of spin outs and idiots trying to gun it up like a 2% grade...

I saw a guy trying to drive over the curb because he thought it was an exit from 711 while I was walking to the bus stop to go out to PLU. :confused: Then I heard stories of people being dumb-asses, stomping on the gas and spinning their tires. :rolleyes:

And you know what really grinds my gears? Busses with chains on, driving over pavement. Really loud, and the vibrations... >_<

But it was worth it. ;) lol

P.s. My boots have no traction on ice. :rolleyes:

I know how you feel man... :(

I saw a guy trying to drive over the curb because he thought it was an exit from 711 while I was walking to the bus stop to go out to PLU. :confused: Then I heard stories of people being dumb-asses, stomping on the gas and spinning their tires. :rolleyes:

And you know what really grinds my gears? Busses with chains on, driving over pavement. Really loud, and the vibrations... >_<

But it was worth it. ;) lol

P.s. My boots have no traction on ice. :rolleyes:

I wanted to order some Papa Johns for lunch/dinner today... most of them were carry out only...

Not looking forward to the thanksgiving commute tmrw... only to Seattle but still.

I'm trying to set up ACRE in our dedicated but everytime I log in it says: Warning: ACRE is not connected to Teamspeak!

I've tried both the install and the zip file, everything seems ok until I log on the server and get that message. I've also followed the right procedures for the server install, might be doing something wrong..

Do you guys know any public ACRE server I can join to check if it is running ok? Thanks!

Go to OGN Addons server..(filter ogn).. it is running acre. Open Zagabad and look for the Insurgency Acre.... It sounds like you are either not running TS3 as admin... or the dsound.dll in not in the arma root directory..ie where the arma2oa.exe lives. Don't forget if you are running the beta to manually copy the dsound.dll into the beta folder

Hi guys I am having a bit of a problem with the latest ACRE, everyone in our server has the new PRC - 348 or something and I have the old PRC-148 and I cant get them over the radio, only direct speak, I dont understand it we all have the same version.

Help would be aprreciated

Hi guys I am having a bit of a problem with the latest ACRE, everyone in our server has the new PRC - 348 or something and I have the old PRC-148 and I cant get them over the radio, only direct speak, I dont understand it we all have the same version.

We noticed this issue too, some players will have the 343, others the 148 on start if using addweapon commands; I think it has something to do with the method by which itemradio is replaced by the acre 148

In the meanwhile our solution has been to add them to another box

If you are meaning to say that you are trying to reach a 343 on a 148, because you chose to take a 148 or use a 148, then it is impossible.

The 148 and the 343, that is to say the 343 and anything other than a 343, can not communicate to each other. 343 uses the 802.11x band (think wifi) in the 2.4Ghz range. The 148 can only go up to 512Mhz and uses totally different data in its transmissions.