Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Indeed I've been waiting months to try this and it now seems to have finally reached maturity. Any plans to bundle the latest version in a dumb-proof installer?

It already is... ;)

It already is... ;)

Obviously I'm too dumb :p

Seriously does the installer work for both client and server?

If so, can I run it off my machine as in both modes simultaneously? (we don't have a dedicated server, so I host and my mates connect to my PC)

Also, has anyone tested compatibility with the latest version of CBA? (0.7)

Finally, I checked your site and noticed a couple of things:

1. Your changelog seems outdated as the last entry is v1.0.8 (Work In Progress) whereas the first page of this thread references 1.0.14

2. Roadmap seems empty. IIRC you have big plans for v1.1, non?

3. Otherwise, your documentation seems uncannily thorough and well-written

Gonna try and get it running tonight!

Edited by domokun

If so, can I run it off my machine as in both modes simultaneously? (we don't have a dedicated server, so I host and my mates connect to my PC)

1. Your changelog seems outdated as the last entry is v1.0.8 (Work In Progress) whereas the first page of this thread references 1.0.14

You are using a very old version then... Download from the links on the first page please.

I'm going to follow up on a few more of these as well. Answers below:

Yes, if your locally running it and it is a regular install, it installs just like on client. There is no setup difference between server and client, except client needs @jayarma2lib and dsound.dll, the server doesn't. From a server perspective, it runs just like any other mod (@ACRE in your modline)

Yes, nou is also an ACE dev. We use CBA very, very heavily just like ACE does. There will never be any version incompat with CBA.

Nou answered this one

The road map seems pretty damn full to me - we have over 50 closed issues for the 1.1 push, let alone the many non-submitted fixes (not in tracker). And then we have base features for 1.2 and 1.3 laid out; most likely, those will fill up as we begin developing them as well.

Thanks. Don't just give us credit - we have multiple contributors to the documentation wiki as well.

Hello ACRE-Team.

We are just about to playtest a PvP-System incorporating ACRE.

A major problem could be that dead players or players that disconnected for any reason can hear everyone and speak to everyone.

Is it possible that players get auto-kicked both from ArmA- & TS3-Server if ACRE and TS are not connected? (or moved to an other channel in TS-3?).

Cheers,

D.

Hello ACRE-Team.

We are just about to playtest a PvP-System incorporating ACRE.

A major problem could be that dead players or players that disconnected for any reason can hear everyone and speak to everyone.

Is it possible that players get auto-kicked both from ArmA- & TS3-Server if ACRE and TS are not connected? (or moved to an other channel in TS-3?).

Cheers,

D.

No; because all they have to do is disable the plugin in Ts3. This would also require a server-side plugin, which you cant use on most hosted Ts3 servers. Or a bot maybe I guess as admin, but not worth the effort (on our end) for the small gain.

We have no plans in the near future to handle possible cheating scenarios; admins are just gonna have to do their jobs like they always did.

cic - http://dev-heaven.net/issues/9951

Radios do not maintain the same frequency settings upon death (most of the time). Is this perhaps what you were running into?

negative. I have the 148 set to different default channels so when respawn your still at the same channel. But even the units who would change there channels to ours would have that issue.

Dealing with cheating scenarios is one thing, but dead/disconnected players being able to hear everyone is another, as that's basically giving them a cheat without them even wanting/trying to cheat, and dealing with at least that might be worth a bit of effort.

Dealing with cheating scenarios is one thing, but dead/disconnected players being able to hear everyone is another, as that's basically giving them a cheat without them even wanting/trying to cheat, and dealing with at least that might be worth a bit of effort.

Dead shouldn't be hearing anyone but other dead people. We might split that up via side in the future, but for now no.

In game modes with respawns dead people being able to talk to eachother, especially if it is across sides, can become a problem.

Of course we are using things differently. We use the TS3 API more than any other plugin in existence; and probably, ever to be in existence.

The warning was initially put in to handle retards. Yes, its annoying, but if you would be surprised how people complained to us when all we had to say was "is it enabled in TS3?". It seems stupid-simple, yes, but it was a large waste of our time; and part of our dummy proofing initiative.

Lastly, the only visible time I can see actually *needing* to disable ACRE and enable it all the time, is if your swapping between ACRE/non-ACRE servers while not wanting to change your shortcut.

As long as it is enabled when TS3 shuts down, then it will be enabled on next start and never popup anything.

ith the utilities TS3 provides us, this was the best quick solution to date.

Like Nou said, we are looking into better solutions - but it is not on the top priority list right now.

Lastly, the only visible time I can see actually *needing* to disable ACRE ....

Errmmmm I can, the main reason I would not load the ACRE dll is if I want TS3 NOT to crash every so often

@shadowze try to install CORRECTLY acre before say it crash very often ...

I know alot of people may be having trouble with ACRE, and I understand about how frustrating it is to try and troubleshoot things in ArmA 2, but for the Devs in the ACRE project......a HUGE 2 thumbs up. I love this function, and I couldn't imagine playing ArmA without it.

Cheers, and hope everyone else will be able to enjoy it in the future.

well we starting game error comes up jayarma2lib imcompatible version of arma2 unable to check version ??

There will be a new version of jayarma2lib at least when the Steam version of the patch comes out.

Damn this is a great mod... Running out of buttons on arma .fast... LOL. I hope BIS take notice and implement these features into the game....

@shadowze try to install CORRECTLY acre before say it crash very often ...

Lols, thanks for the laugh mate , your post had me doubled over laughing

It is installed CORRECTLY , but thanks for your input , cool story bro

Hey everyone:

TeamSpeak 3 Plugin Contest

http://addons.teamspeak.com/contest.php

Our plugin to vote on

http://addons.teamspeak.com/directory/plugins/miscellaneous/Advanced-Combat-Radio-Environment.html

#1. Create a TS3 forums account

#2. Go vote + submit comment/review on the plugin

#3. Go to the contest page and register as a voter

Tell your friends. Tell your neighbors. If you or all your community or friends or brothers or mothers or grandma's use ACRE, have them vote!

Help us out folks, maybe we can get a little something for the ACRE devs! :)

Edited by jaynus

Lols, thanks for the laugh mate , your post had me doubled over laughing

It is installed CORRECTLY , but thanks for your input , cool story bro

Well then, i cant crash my TS3, i do not need to even turn off the plugin to use TS3 for other non ACRE servers. It even works with a few beta plugins i try, and it doesn't crash my TS3...

We released a new package with the latest version of jayarma2lib. The lib supports the non-steam 1.55 patch that has been released and supports the 1.55 Steam version that should be released soon.

arf you haven't finish the 1.0.1 ? arf bad news ! i wanna multiple PTT ;) (no problem take your time ;)

We released a new package with the latest version of jayarma2lib. The lib supports the non-steam 1.55 patch that has been released and supports the 1.55 Steam version that should be released soon.

There seems to be a signature issue with the 1.55 COMPAT patch.

I got kicked for wrong signatures of acre related files like acre_main.pbo, acre_api.pbo, ...

Can anybody confirm this? Or is my acre installation broken?

In the servers log file I found several messages like

"Spieler Viper: Falsche Signatur für Datei @acre\addons\acre_api.pbo"

which means "player Viper: wrong signature for file @acre\addons\acre_api.pbo"

Edited by Viper.cless