Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Which version of TS3 client are you running ?

Which version of ACRE are you running ?

Shadows i always get that message everytime i disable acre in TS but it doesnt cause an issue

Shadows i always get that message everytime i disable acre in TS but it doesnt cause an issue

Do you need to start the exe again and have 2 running or does it work first time for you ?

Besides the issues Shadowze is having, I also find it rather annoying. I like to think of myself as being able to know if I've turned something on or off recently. The same goes for the in-game warning. A "Turn debug mode on" option would be fantastic in this case.

works fine for me the first time just run as administrator or set your UAC off.

I started just running if all the time so no issues with it on my end

works fine for me the first time just run as administrator or set your UAC off.

I started just running if all the time so no issues with it on my end

No difference runing as admin or not , but glad yours is working fine

Shadowze, it shows that if you have the plugin disabled and you start TS3. Just enable the plugin or remove the DLL file. Its annoying, yes, we are looking at a number of better options for warnings inside of TS3.

Also the occurrence of the TS3 to ArmA2 connection warning in ArmA2 has gone up in the last few versions, but this is more due to the sensitivity of ArmA2 to how its connecting than any real issue.

Shadowze, it shows that if you have the plugin disabled and you start TS3. Just enable the plugin or remove the DLL file. Its annoying, yes, we are looking at a number of better options for warnings inside of TS3.

Also the occurrence of the TS3 to ArmA2 connection warning in ArmA2 has gone up in the last few versions, but this is more due to the sensitivity of ArmA2 to how its connecting than any real issue.

Correct , it is disabled , sometimes I dont want it running.

Why do I need to move the dll file ?

If it is not being loaded why should it error at all ?

Is TS3 causing this or something buggered up the the acre dll ?

EDIT: Its the ACRE dll

I just did a test I enabled and disabled some of the other plugins and closed and restarted TS3 .........

There is NO error Message , so I am assuming it is some screwup within

acre dll causing this , because the other plugins can be switched on/off without causing problems.

Are you guys talking to the API differently than everyone else?

Edited by shadowze

Correct , it is disabled , sometimes I dont want it running.

Why do I need to move the dll file ?

If it is not being loaded why should it error at all ?

Is TS3 causing this or something buggered up the the acre dll ?

EDIT: Its the ACRE dll

I just did a test I enabled and disabled some of the other plugins and closed and restarted TS3 .........

There is NO error Message , so I am assuming it is some screwup within

acre dll causing this , because the other plugins can be switched on/off without causing problems.

Are you guys talking to the API differently than everyone else?

Of course we are using things differently. We use the TS3 API more than any other plugin in existence; and probably, ever to be in existence.

The warning was initially put in to handle retards. Yes, its annoying, but if you would be surprised how people complained to us when all we had to say was "is it enabled in TS3?". It seems stupid-simple, yes, but it was a large waste of our time; and part of our dummy proofing initiative.

Lastly, the only visible time I can see actually *needing* to disable ACRE and enable it all the time, is if your swapping between ACRE/non-ACRE servers while not wanting to change your shortcut.

As long as it is enabled when TS3 shuts down, then it will be enabled on next start and never popup anything.

ith the utilities TS3 provides us, this was the best quick solution to date.

Like Nou said, we are looking into better solutions - but it is not on the top priority list right now.

Hey guys - just wanted to add to the list of compliments on 1.0.14.

Our Sunday Op (25 or so people) had no comms issues at all, that would be ACRE related - where as before we'd have muting after reinforcing and people not being able to hear one another.

So fantastic job guys! Keep up the good work.

I can't imagine playing the game without your mod.

And of course: THANKS!

Aye aye, stress situations on our op yesterday were at a level that wouldve easily tripped up earlier versions (large amounts of traffic, couple people with dodgy connections, people respawning) and it went without a hitch, probably a state more stable than other mods now.

My only bug bear right now is the raise/lower headset option in the action menu: it's really easy to accidentally hit without realising, given most radios now have a volume setting anyway, is this all that essential? At least moving it to the radio select screen would reduce the issue: in the heat of battle a section commander that suddenly loses volume becomes a helluva lot less effective

Although, that said it is a minor issue, and I can't wait to see what else this mod brings in to the future!

Aye aye, stress situations on our op yesterday were at a level that wouldve easily tripped up earlier versions (large amounts of traffic, couple people with dodgy connections, people respawning) and it went without a hitch, probably a state more stable than other mods now.

My only bug bear right now is the raise/lower headset option in the action menu: it's really easy to accidentally hit without realising, given most radios now have a volume setting anyway, is this all that essential? At least moving it to the radio select screen would reduce the issue: in the heat of battle a section commander that suddenly loses volume becomes a helluva lot less effective

Although, that said it is a minor issue, and I can't wait to see what else this mod brings in to the future!

Agree with you there DaveP.

We've encountered that very issue, by selecting the lower headset in the heat of the moment trying to select other options, only to wonder why you can't hear anyone (and first thoughts is ACRE broken)! :D

Edited by LondonLad

I disagree :)

The option should definitely be there. Last night for example when everyone was kicking off and then on top of it someone was directing my eyes on enemies right infront me, it was a godsend to be able to just flick the headset off really quickly and then raise it again.

I do admit I've done the "why can't I hear anyone?!?!" thing myself as well -- maybe a small icon - ala the 'you're now deaf' ACE icon, would be handy instead of just flat out removing it?

;1784256']I disagree :)

The option should definitely be there. Last night for example when everyone was kicking off and then on top of it someone was directing my eyes on enemies right infront me' date=' it was a godsend to be able to just flick the headset off really quickly and then raise it again.

I do admit I've done the "why can't I hear anyone?!?!" thing myself as well -- maybe a small icon - ala the 'you're now deaf' ACE icon, would be handy instead of just flat out removing it?[/quote']

Making it a key shortcut could be another option, although that said it does bring me on to another point: if there were headset controls, a nice option would be a more isolated headset setting, such that if you hit it you get an ace earplugs style effect so you can focus more on a conversation; although less of an infanteer issue, in vehicles and trying to relay commands over hq comms it can be tricky to hear orders

Since this is winding on a bit, I reckon I'll make it a request on the issue tracker, more room for discussion there

we had issues on our op last night were people you get the muting bug as well including myself. and Also we had one members ACRE completely stop working in the middle of the op. But no crashes which is a good thing

we had issues on our op last night were people you get the muting bug as well including myself. and Also we had one members ACRE completely stop working in the middle of the op. But no crashes which is a good thing

This sounds completely indicative of using 10.0.12. When you say "muting bugs", your refering to direct-chat only correct?

seems like there is a new version out for ts 3.0.0-beta36 someone know if acre still

works under this version ?

the 119 and 148 muted on the same channel for a few players after death. and the ACRE completely breaking with one member was a single issue with one of the members

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Jay or nouble maybe one of you should jump on one sunday op and see for yallselfs. cause nothing is coming up in logs

the 119 and 148 muted on the same channel for a few players after death. and the ACRE completely breaking with one member was a single issue with one of the members

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 AM ----------

Jay or nouble maybe one of you should jump on one sunday op and see for yallselfs. cause nothing is coming up in logs

Radios do not maintain the same frequency settings upon death (most of the time). Is this perhaps what you were running into?

Indeed I've been waiting months to try this and it now seems to have finally reached maturity. Any plans to bundle the latest version in a dumb-proof installer?