Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

@Sneaker-78-

Did you try out JayArma2Lib 1.3.3? Did you put the dsound.dll file into the Arma2\expansion\beta\ ? You put the TS3 Plugin in the TS3 directory and activated it? Your problem should be somewhere in those locations ;)

Hope i could help

Any news about new stable version? :o

Hi swissMAG,

I met the v1.3.3 and dll in TS3 directory requirement.

But I don't have "beta" folder in "Arma2\expansion", do I need to create one and put dsound.dll into it? Thank you very much in advance :)

Hmm, no... You would have a Beta Folder, if you would use a Beta Patch ;):D

The dSound.dll has to be there, where the Exe of your game is. If you are using only Patch 1.54 its in the "\...\ArmA2\dsound.dll". If you are using a beta the file should go there: "\...\ArmA2\Expansion\Beta\dsound.dll"

What other mods are you running? You have CBA in the newest version too, i assume?

Best regards

@Sneaker-78-

Did you try out JayArma2Lib 1.3.3? Did you put the dsound.dll file into the Arma2\expansion\beta\ ? You put the TS3 Plugin in the TS3 directory and activated it? Your problem should be somewhere in those locations ;)

Hope i could help

Any news about new stable version? :o

have it al done ,but still got the message :(

hi i have this problem me and my friend are testing acre.

now we have not error messages popping up in the screen,my mate can hear me in 3d but when he has to speak ,i don't ear him and looking on the ts3 panel i've noticed that he is in local muted mode altought he didn't press any keys.

any suggestion to make my mate able to speak with me?

EDIT:i've noticed the problem persist also if my mate restart ts and no more local muted status appears...

in game when i speak he see my lips moving,but he can't make any sounds.

can anyone help me? i've read the faq but without finding something helpful

Zio Sam: I think your mate(or you) use "voice activation". Try "push to talk".

If it's Voice Activation, in TS3 go to Settings->Options->Capture.

1. Select Push-To-Talk and hit apply

2. then immidiately select "Voice Activation" and hit apply

That'll sort that problem (but it is covered in the FAQ)

Can you confirm your mate is running TS3 in Admin mode (though this is also covered in the FAQ/Readme).

is there going to come an update out soon .......

Hopefully on Friday we will release 1.0.12. There are still some crash issues with the DLL but we have not had enough people on testing to get us crash dumps!

Could the team confirm whether ACRE is compatible with TS3 Client version 3.0.0-beta32?

Also, would it be possible for the latest TS3 compatible version to be displayed some where, initial thread post / wiki. Currently it's only on changelogs to my knowledge.

Thanks, and on a side note, this is the best mod for ArmA since ACE.

Could the team confirm whether ACRE is compatible with TS3 Client version 3.0.0-beta32?

Also, would it be possible for the latest TS3 compatible version to be displayed some where, initial thread post / wiki. Currently it's only on changelogs to my knowledge.

Thanks, and on a side note, this is the best mod for ArmA since ACE.

Its compat.

Thanks thats a good idea, starting with the next release we will keep that information on the first page.

My clan is removing the ACRE from server, when we have a large number of players, it's common problems of the kind you hear the other player, but he did not, even though configured everything correctly, talking closely. =(

A lot of versions of TS and ACRE, make it difficult to use properly this addon...

I hope it arrives soon maturity.

Is ACRE with VON a possibility?

Edited by D3lta

My clan is removing the ACRE from server, when we have a large number of players, it's common problems of the kind you hear the other player, but he did not, even though configured everything correctly, talking closely. =(

A lot of versions of TS and ACRE, make it difficult to use properly this addon...

I hope it arrives soon maturity.

What version are you using? If you are using 1.0.11, then DO NOT USE IT, USE 1.0.10!

Also there is NOTHING we can do about TS3 version, and it will probably continue to be this way for some time to come.

What version are you using? If you are using 1.0.11, then DO NOT USE IT, USE 1.0.10!

Also there is NOTHING we can do about TS3 version, and it will probably continue to be this way for some time to come.

My version is 1.0.11.210 HotFix. What´s the problem with the hotfix?

Thx again!!

Well, the Version 1.0.11 is NOT stable. After release there were many reports of problems. So even the ACRE Dev recommended to go back to the version 1.0.10. We are using the Version 1.0.10 without any problems and its a huge improvement in communications.

I would suggest to try the 1.0.10 Version or wait for the next 1.0.12, which will probably be released on friday (i hope, realy looking forward to it :) ).

Well, the Version 1.0.11 is NOT stable. After release there were many reports of problems. So even the ACRE Dev recommended to go back to the version 1.0.10. We are using the Version 1.0.10 without any problems and its a huge improvement in communications.

I would suggest to try the 1.0.10 Version or wait for the next 1.0.12, which will probably be released on friday (i hope, realy looking forward to it :) ).

Ok

I installed this version 1.0.11 because I had problems with the 1.0.10, same bugs.... some people have problems, others not ...

A last question, Is ACRE compatible only with standard maps (islands) of ARMA?

Thx

Edited by D3lta

Part of the problem is the version on Six Updater. It's been 1.0.11 since the hotfix was released. Since a lot of people use SU (that is, if they already use ACE etc), they all have the unstable version. Quite a few people aren't technically comfortable swapping between the SU repo version and the installer version, since SU handles it for them and it gets confusing. I'm looking forward to Friday when the updated version comes out that hopefully resolves things. In the future, hopefully the ACRE team would consider rolling back if a bad version is pushed to SU. (ace has done this too, when needed) I realize the SU version may be considered 'bleeding edge', but you have to admit that the majority of users that sync it via that are indifferent, stability is more important. If someone really needed to test bleeding edge, they could seek it out from the code repo too.

I'm still pestering SB about various automagic dll-configuration implementations within SU, to make the SU version on par with the e-z installer. :D

Cheers and thanks for everything so far.

D3lta: The loss modeling is dynamic afaik, not island dependent. (ie, there aren't lookup tables, they'd be huge!)

Edited by oktane

Part of the problem is the version on Six Updater. It's been 1.0.11 since the hotfix was released. Since a lot of people use SU (that is, if they already use ACE etc), they all have the unstable version. Quite a few people aren't technically comfortable swapping between the SU repo version and the installer version, since SU handles it for them and it gets confusing. I'm looking forward to Friday when the updated version comes out that hopefully resolves things. In the future, hopefully the ACRE team would consider rolling back if a bad version is pushed to SU. (ace has done this too, when needed) I realize the SU version may be considered 'bleeding edge', but you have to admit that the majority of users that sync it via that are indifferent, stability is more important. If someone really needed to test bleeding edge, they could seek it out from the code repo too.

I'm still pestering SB about various automagic dll-configuration implementations within SU, to make the SU version on par with the e-z installer. :D

Cheers and thanks for everything so far.

D3lta: The loss modeling is dynamic afaik, not island dependent. (ie, there aren't lookup tables, they'd be huge!)

We do not distribute through SIX update officially. We are not responsible for the versions on it.

there is any random radio com?

No, this is only for player coms... Random radio coms in a game that you are paying attention to might be a bit distracting... ;)

Hello. Great mod - many thanks!

I have to report a bug, however.

We may use the radio even if we have none in our inventories.

There is no 'transmitting...' dialog on pushing the button, but there is the usual radio sound and the other players can hear the one who is transmitting as if he used a radio.

There is a script error warning:

Error in expression <;
_holder = _x;
_cargo = getWeaponCargo _holder;
;
{
_item = _x select 0;
;
if(_>
 Error position: <_holder;
;
{
_item = _x select 0;
;
if(_>
 Error Missing ;
File x\acre\addons\sys_deployable\fnc_onLostRadio.sqf, line 75

We use ArmA 2 only (no OA or CO, no other mods).

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Hey guys, I'm just having some questions related to the practical usage of Acre.

Our group has been using multiple channels on teamspeak, with whisper lists for the team leaders to communicate with HQ, other team leaders, transport, ...

For example if we have 3 channels, Alpha, Bravo, HQ. The team leader of Alpha talks to the Team leader of Bravo and the HQ with the use of a whisper lists within TS3.

The problem is we want to use ACRE for communication. But how are we supposed to get the same functionality as with the whisper lists? I know there are multiple channels on the radio, so we could assign channels to different teams. But somehow opening the radio interface, switching the channel and talk and switch back and forth seems like a real problem.

Is there an option to bind a channel to lets say numeric key 1, 2 or 3?

Anyone has an idea how we can use ACRE in such a way that it's still fun to use?

As I understand it ACRE is not a substitute for whisperlists. It should represent and implement a way to handle radio communications in a realistic way.

Of course, you can always setup an object/vehicle as a retransmission station that would link different channels together, as per the API instructions.

This would have to be done on every mission though and I don't really see the point. Maybe it would be worth your while to rather think about a proper setup for your platoon's communication system.

Hi there is there going to be any chance of a Mumble version reason I ask this is because my friends all ready pays for a Mumble server and don't see the point in creating a TS one now.

thanks

Hey guys, I'm just having some questions related to the practical usage of Acre.

Our group has been using multiple channels on teamspeak, with whisper lists for the team leaders to communicate with HQ, other team leaders, transport, ...

For example if we have 3 channels, Alpha, Bravo, HQ. The team leader of Alpha talks to the Team leader of Bravo and the HQ with the use of a whisper lists within TS3.

The problem is we want to use ACRE for communication. But how are we supposed to get the same functionality as with the whisper lists? I know there are multiple channels on the radio, so we could assign channels to different teams. But somehow opening the radio interface, switching the channel and talk and switch back and forth seems like a real problem.

Is there an option to bind a channel to lets say numeric key 1, 2 or 3?

Anyone has an idea how we can use ACRE in such a way that it's still fun to use?

Implementing a shortcut key to cycle through the preset radio channels easily is a solution to this.

We won't be binding different channels to different keys as you still need to switch them in real life because you are also listening on that new frequency.

We are going to be adding multiple keys though for multiple radios.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

Hi there is there going to be any chance of a Mumble version reason I ask this is because my friends all ready pays for a Mumble server and don't see the point in creating a TS one now.

thanks

No, not for the foreseeable future.