Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

New version of TS3. ACRE non fuctional

This is already known... you will have to roll back to beta 26 if you wish to use ACRE, the guys have to do a new version of the plugin etc... Can't expect everything to work when new updates come out for software outside of their control. :)

I just hope that the update fixes the client muting... if that's the case then ACRE all the way.

Edited by rexehuk

This is already known... you will have to roll back to beta 26 if you wish to use ACRE, the guys have to do a new version of the plugin etc... Can't expect everything to work when new updates come out for software outside of their control. :)

I just hope that the update fixes the client muting... if that's the case then ACRE all the way.

Ya sorry about that my psychic powers machine was broken! Apparently informing the team of a development is now excepting everything too work. :j:

Is there a set way for mission designers to "work" with ACRE? Clients on my server are continually reporting missing PRC148s at mission start, some have, some don't. We often have to edit missions to include crates containing the 148s. For third party missions it means continual disconnecting and reconnecting till you gain a radio.

Do commands in an unit's init line, such as "removeallweapons this" and adding other items effect Acre auto adding the radios?

Is there a set way for mission designers to "work" with ACRE? Clients on my server are continually reporting missing PRC148s at mission start, some have, some don't. We often have to edit missions to include crates containing the 148s. For third party missions it means continual disconnecting and reconnecting till you gain a radio.

Do commands in an unit's init line, such as "removeallweapons this" and adding other items effect Acre auto adding the radios?

ItemRadio is what we auto replace with a 148. If they do not have a ItemRadio at the start of the mission they wont automatically get a 148.

ItemRadio is what we auto replace with a 148. If they do not have a ItemRadio at the start of the mission they wont automatically get a 148.

Thanks, that clears it up.

Hi acre team , i have only one question today =). Any news on a battery system for radios ?

If i want to make a custom radio that works with ACRE, is that possible?

If i want to make a custom radio that works with ACRE, is that possible?

Yes, but a lot of things are still maturing in terms of how we interact with the radios.

If you want to start making one just look at the code for any of ours, but be warned that we do not currently document changes that would break custom radios made by a third party. :p

Good mission, shows off the ambiance of the direct speak. lol 'ahhh! it burns!!!' funny dead man. :p

wait and see .... =) i think they release it this night ;)

Edit : Come On wake up noubernou :)

Edited by M1n1d0u

Haha we ran into some issues last night with integer overflows in SQF (apparently format doesn't like taking numbers in the millions... :p) so that set us back till today at the earliest.

If we do not have a feature complete release today we will release the DLLs for compat with latest TS3, plus a couple minor fixes.

oki thanks noubernou, we have a coop today too but no problem in the dev heaven someone make a ts3 backup

Haha we ran into some issues last night with integer overflows in SQF (apparently format doesn't like taking numbers in the millions... :p) so that set us back till today at the earliest.

If we do not have a feature complete release today we will release the DLLs for compat with latest TS3, plus a couple minor fixes.

Just want to say I appreciate all the hard work the ACRE team is doing for the community and me and my clan really enjoy the mod.

Out of interest do you have a deadline of when you will decide if you're going to put out a release or just the dll package?

The only reason I ask is my clan have an operation later today (US time) and we're just trying to work out a contingency plan. As you can imagine it would be easier to have everyone install the dlls on short notice than roll back TS3

Just want to say I appreciate all the hard work the ACRE team is doing for the community and me and my clan really enjoy the mod.

Out of interest do you have a deadline of when you will decide if you're going to put out a release or just the dll package?

The only reason I ask is my clan have an operation later today (US time) and we're just trying to work out a contingency plan. As you can imagine it would be easier to have everyone install the dlls on short notice than roll back TS3

I am exhausted today and Jay I think has birthday running at his house later... We should probably discuss this... :D Probably do a DLL repackage, not even a version increase. 1.0.10 with new DLL for anyone that wants it.

There is just simply too many random things we still need to flesh out in this release on the ArmA2 side, plus we can get in some nice, cooler stuff (like our own ruck models, well the ACE models, but in ACRE).

The radio comm shouldn´t be also direct comm? I mean when somebody is using the radio speking to other channel the people around should hear that comm also