Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

You don't have to do math, just make sure that the last two digits in your frequency is 00, 25, 50 or 75.

what maths... 25k spacing... fair enough... should make it 8.33khz... then you will need some maths...

good work guys

* ACE on-back now partially works

- A mission *cannot* put a radio on the back in the init line

- but you can now move a radio on/off your back in game and it still works

What exactly work? Got two radios, prc 148 and 119. Putting 119 on back with ace, the manpack disappears from radio menu, broadcasting does nothing at all now. Can't seem to receive on it either.

Cycling radios or setting 148 as active allows you to broadcast with that again. Used latest ACE (386).

What exactly work? Got two radios, prc 148 and 119. Putting 119 on back with ace, the manpack disappears from radio menu, broadcasting does nothing at all now. Can't seem to receive on it either.

Cycling radios or setting 148 as active allows you to broadcast with that again. Used latest ACE (386).

Then it doesn't work :| I'll look into it.

The ACE on-back thing, with how we *do* ACE compat, means we have to change some underlying things to re-work handling it.

Stay tuned.

Hey jaynus, couldn't really find anything on the re-trans API, any hints?

Hey jaynus, couldn't really find anything on the re-trans API, any hints?

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

Jay went through and added a bunch of documentation today on the API. :)

On a somewhat related note (re: retrans) here is a peek on some of the new features AND functionality coming soon!

oe-303_01_tn.jpg

oe-303_02_tn.jpg

oe-303_03_tn.jpg

OE-303, for all your directional antenna needs... Great for TOC to TOC and Retransmission sites! :) (ps this means that, yes we are adding in customizable antennas!)

woow great news , i have a question this antenna is deployable or just an object to add via editor ? (or is planned)

Edited by M1n1d0u

Sweet, so I can take an OE 254 and throw it up in a tree right?

thanks for the documentation

Edited by _S2_

Minor text bug in the zip file at least.

In acre_keys.hpp the open radio explanation text letter C should be X.

As Key 45 is X. Nothing big I just noticed it when I was trying to get it to work so I posted.

};

class OpenRadio // Open current radio

{

key = 45; // ctrl-shift-c

shift = 1;

ctrl = 1;

alt = 0;

};

X = 45

Are there going to be different antennas for the manpacks as well ie short whip, long whip (what is on the prc 119 now) and the fancy new ones that I don't know what they are called because I never used them. What about SATcoms?

Are there going to be different antennas for the manpacks as well ie short whip, long whip (what is on the prc 119 now) and the fancy new ones that I don't know what they are called because I never used them. What about SATcoms?

Yes, different antennas will be added shortly.

Satellite coms is something we are thinking about, but really it seems sorta over kill with map sizes in ArmA2.

Any recent work done on... ["joinServerChannel", _params] call acre_sys_rpc_fnc_callRemoteProcedure; ...? Last time I tried it (couple of weeks ago) it threw:

acre_error.png

hey jaynus i have a question i see on your huge commit you work on a sys_vehicle_radio.pbo , is it for vehicule radio or the retransmission in vehicule ? thanks for your (possible) answer anyway =)

Edited by M1n1d0u

Satellite coms is something we are thinking about, but really it seems sorta over kill with map sizes in ArmA2.

How about, as in real life, a JTAC needs to contact air assets or command regardless of their location? So you'd have one SATCOM (and whatever the pilots would be using, presumably not PRC-119s...), maybe two, on the whole map. It kinda sucks having to type to someone until they get in your overhead.

HI guys

Used acre with the UO boyz last night and ended up with an 11k rpt laced with profanity ridden acre messages. Is that normal? Keep up the good work on this.

How about, as in real life, a JTAC needs to contact air assets or command regardless of their location? So you'd have one SATCOM (and whatever the pilots would be using, presumably not PRC-119s...), maybe two, on the whole map. It kinda sucks having to type to someone until they get in your overhead.

This is true.

Though if you are in a valley this is the only time its really an issue. We have many kilometers of slant range on even the 148 with its crap antenna and on max power (hit mode twice to change it for that channel).

HI guys

Used acre with the UO boyz last night and ended up with an 11k rpt laced with profanity ridden acre messages. Is that normal? Keep up the good work on this.

LOL yea, if you are using the RC for the next version i think debug mode is on with lots and lots of very verbose trace messages... :p

Arma 2 does not normally have lag issues (non-network kind). When some was using ACRE on the server and others like me were not then mine RPT file increased too. It was related to not being able to find the PRC-148 I think. There was a classname listed. Over the course of half an hour the rpt was several MB large with this error. And my game lagged very often, whether this was from the sudden need of my harddisk to find and continue the RPT file or another confrontation with ACRE I don't know.

Is ACRE meant to be run either, all or none?

I've got a question on power settings on radios. Let's say I have 2 guys both with PRC-148s. One of them turns his power setting to 5000, the others is 500. They then can't talk to each other. Same thing with retrans, say if I put the retrans power setting to 20000, then it will only transmit frequencies that are using the 20000 power settings.

Is it suppose to be like this?

Arma 2 does not normally have lag issues (non-network kind). When some was using ACRE on the server and others like me were not then mine RPT file increased too. It was related to not being able to find the PRC-148 I think. There was a classname listed. Over the course of half an hour the rpt was several MB large with this error. And my game lagged very often, whether this was from the sudden need of my harddisk to find and continue the RPT file or another confrontation with ACRE I don't know.

Is ACRE meant to be run either, all or none?

Can you post your RPT, or an excerpt of it?

S2, that shouldn't be happening. Make sure retrans stations and yourselves are in good LOS still, even at high power. In the VHF range of frequencies, LOS is the most important factor in good signal.

It's just not retrans, its between two radios as well. I can be 100 Meters away from them, and as long as we are on separate power settings, we can't hear each other.

I will do some further testing with it.

I definitly can't get this working , I just made a test with my mate, TS3 Build 12040 , ACRE 1.8, We have got the ingame menus, but no 3D sound and no fuzzing while speaking over the radio. I didn"t updater CBA recently could it be that ?

I also got TS3 crashes sometimes but I'm not sure they're ACRE related. How can I know htat wat files do you need to know what's wrong ?

Here's a choice excerpt from my rpt - it's doing the same thing as Gunterland21. I tried to get a broad selection of swear words for you. I haven't been told to fuck myself by a computer for some time! ;)

[608345,47.0588,"3:21:39.258","3:47:23.230","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",80,"FUCKYOU:  _isGoodRadio=false"]
[608345,47.0588,"3:21:39.258","3:47:23.230","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",80,"FUCKYOU:  _isGoodRadio=false"]

[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.836","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",80,"FUCKYOU:  _isGoodRadio=false"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.836","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",80,"FUCKYOU:  _isGoodRadio=true"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.836","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",117,"--------------------------GET RETRANS"]
Cannot load sound 'nst\ns\sounds\new_atmos\amb_town_02.ogg'
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.836","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",119,"---------------------RETRANS_SIGNAL: _signal=0"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.841","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",125,"Delta Information:  _deltaText=FNC_SPEAKING FSM DELTA: 0.270508, time=12106.8"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.841","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",126,"sigtime: (_set - _sst)=0.00488281"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.841","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",172,"REC RADIO VOL: _receiver=ACRE_PRC148_ID_8"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.841","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",175,"GOT THIS FAR MOTHERFUCKER"]
[608585,41.1311,"3:21:46.841","3:47:30.498","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",176,"HAHAHAHA:  _maxSignal=1,  _volume=1"]
[617213,41.7755,"3:25:21.450","3:51:04.796","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",80,"FUCKYOU:  _isGoodRadio=false"]
[617213,41.7755,"3:25:21.450","3:51:04.796","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",80,"FUCKYOU:  _isGoodRadio=true"]
[617213,41.7755,"3:25:21.450","3:51:04.796","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",172,"REC RADIO VOL: _receiver=ACRE_PRC148_ID_8"]
[617213,41.7755,"3:25:21.450","3:51:04.796","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",175,"GOT THIS FAR MOTHERFUCKER"]
[617213,41.7755,"3:25:21.450","3:51:04.796","x\acre\addons\sys_core\fnc_radioSpeaking.sqf",":",176,"HAHAHAHA:  _maxSignal=1,  _volume=1"]

I think the ogg lines are to do with JSRS. If you want me to post the whole thing, then let me know

Edited by Das Attorney

Here's a choice excerpt from my rpt - it's doing the same thing as Gunterland21. I tried to get a broad selection of swear words for you. I haven't been told to fuck myself by a computer for some time! ;)

I think the ogg lines are to do with JSRS. If you want me to post the whole thing, then let me know

Thats Jay swearing at ArmA2 :p

Actually thats been in there a while, I just forgot to undefine the debug flag...

Can you post your RPT, or an excerpt of it?

Sure here it is. This is the part that get's repeated many times (except the id number is different):

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.ACRE_PRC148_ID_28'.
Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
Warning Message: '/' is not a value
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon ACRE_PRC148_ID_28 with scope=private
Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
Warning Message: No entry '.model'.
Warning Message: No entry '.simulation'.
Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightDuration'.
Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightIntensity'.
Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockDelay'.
Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockSystem'.
Warning Message: No entry '.cmImmunity'.
Warning Message: No entry '.lockingTargetSound'.
Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
Warning Message: No entry '.lockedTargetSound'.
Warning Message: No entry '.muzzles'.
No owner
No owner

Another strange thing:

On Vista 64bit, disabling the plugin in TS3 causes TS3 to crash with dll(unload/release I think) error.

Edited by Muzzleflash