Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Installed this mod on our server and a couple of guys have it working. But when I press caps lock to use the radio I broadcast in game and via TS3. The other guys just broadcast in game using caps lock.

I've got mouse button 4 on my G9 set as my PTT on TS which works fine, I've also tried a different key stroke for TS PTT in case somehow mouse 4 was bound to caps lock but it isn't. I just can't get in to stop the dual broadcast to the game and TS when I use caps lock. Any ideas?

I'm using windows xp

Are you sure you are not accidentally using the ArmA2 VON still? We recommend disabling VON on servers that use ACRE and making sure to either unbind or rebind your VON keys.

On another note...

Hotfix 1.0.3 is out!

--- 1.0.3 ---

* Divide by zero issue when tx and rx are at the exact same altitude

* Fixed numerous TS3 crash bugs

* Retooled the radio ID handling so games that use respawn scripts dont eat IDs and cause issues

This is about 100x more stable due to lack of stupidity in packaging it.

http://raceriv.com/arma2/acre/ACRE_V1.0.3_HOTFIXED.rar

http://raceriv.com/arma2/acre/ACREInstall_V1.0.3_HOTFIXED.exe

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/files (Both the Installer and Package)

Thanks, great addon indeed.

One question, though:

I tried to run a 31st Normandy mod mission with ACRE.

It seems to work in the editor, but on a dedicated server, all radios just get removed and are not replaced by the proper ACRE ones.

I guess it could be that CBA does not work 100% with 31stN, or do you know any other reason why this could happen?

Cheers,

D.

Are you sure you are not accidentally using the ArmA2 VON still? We recommend disabling VON on servers that use ACRE and making sure to either unbind or rebind your VON keys.

Thanks for the response - I have my VON PTT mapped to "Z". Caps lock is not bound to anything in the game controls.

The only thing is I think the server still has VON enabled. The curious thing is another member has exactly the same set up, same keyboard amd mouse settings for binds and his works. He is running Win7 64 bit OS though (not sure that's relevant).

I'll try agian today

ANy chance to get that thing working on Mumble? it's very popular here in france.

ANy chance to get that thing working on Mumble? it's very popular here in france.

No, we will not be supporting Mumble.

Still won't work with beta patch Build_72197

Invalid path (only relative paths supported): '\\.\pipe\acre_comm_pipe'

Warning Message: Script ACRE_PRC148_ID_1 not found

;1692787']Still won't work with beta patch Build_72197

Make sure that dsound.dll is in the beta folder.

Why not? :(

The infrastructure to implement what we want easily is not in place in mumble and would require a large amount of work for a very small user base. Sorry. It is a project that we would like to support, but we do not feel is worth the dedication.

Make sure that dsound.dll is in the beta folder.
Thx! Now it work ;)

ACRE103

Win 7 64

ACE1.3.0.373

About 10 sek after the test mission starts.

a2acre103m3.jpg

Thanks for the response - I have my VON PTT mapped to "Z". Caps lock is not bound to anything in the game controls.

The only thing is I think the server still has VON enabled. The curious thing is another member has exactly the same set up, same keyboard amd mouse settings for binds and his works. He is running Win7 64 bit OS though (not sure that's relevant).

I'll try agian today

Tried again today with VON disabled on the server. Doesn't seem to matter which button I have set for TS3 PTT whenever I press caps lock it broadcasts to TS and via ACRE radio. ACRE seems to be working in all other aspects positonal sound etc are superb if I could only get it to stop broadcasting in TS at the same time.

Tried again today with VON disabled on the server. Doesn't seem to matter which button I have set for TS3 PTT whenever I press caps lock it broadcasts to TS and via ACRE radio. ACRE seems to be working in all other aspects positonal sound etc are superb if I could only get it to stop broadcasting in TS at the same time.

That's the way it's supposed to go, you use your lips to speak into the radio, offcourse the sound will be in direct (to the people close to you) and in the radio channel.

It's coded so that when you talk into the radio set you talk "ingame" too.

We had a little game yesterday evening and after like an hour helping all the guys to get it running we had an awesome game thanks to your addon.

Keep up the good work!

That's the way it's supposed to go, you use your lips to speak into the radio, offcourse the sound will be in direct (to the people close to you) and in the radio channel.

It's coded so that when you talk into the radio set you talk "ingame" too.

?? I know how it's supposed to work in game but its broadcasting into team speak at the same time. My understanding is that pressing caps lock should broadcast through the radio and also people close in game close to me would hear. My problem is that when pressing caps lock it also broadcasts into team speak so even people not in the game hear the comms, surely thats not right or is it?

When I press caps lock should someone only in TS not in game be able to hear the comms?

Edited by Sabre=TE=
Clarity

One question about the so called hotfixes?

Why aren´t these hotfixes? It would be great if you only would publish the new changed files - this would be a hotfix imo. But you still publish the whole acre-thing again. As i don´t know which files have changed i have to reinstall the whole damn thing again (acre-folder, jayarma2lib-folder, dsound.dll, ts3-plugin and so on). It would be really great to get only the files which have changed!!!

?? I know how it's supposed to work in game but its broadcasting into team speak at the same time. My understanding is that pressing caps lock should broadcast through the radio and also people close in game close to me would hear. My problem is that when pressing caps lock it also broadcasts into team speak so even people not in the game hear the comms, surely thats not right or is it?

When I press caps lock should someone only in TS not in game be able to hear the comms?

How i understand it is that if you're not in the game you'll hear all the people in the channel at the same time. When in game you'll only hear those close to you in game (or over radio) but still hear those that are not ingame.

The muting, unmuting on ts only work when both arma2 with the plugin running and TS with the plugin are running.

Any plans to make AI hear you as well? Or is this already a feature I missed?

How i understand it is that if you're not in the game you'll hear all the people in the channel at the same time. When in game you'll only hear those close to you in game (or over radio) but still hear those that are not ingame.

The muting, unmuting on ts only work when both arma2 with the plugin running and TS with the plugin are running.

Hmm interesting, I'll test it out when I can get a couple more guys in TS and on the game server. I hope your right because its driving me round the bend peeps telling me it's not working.

Edited by Sabre=TE=

First of all.. Thank you devteam for this amazing mod.

I have two Questions:

1. Is there any way to reduse the volume when transmitting over radio?

It is very loud compare to direct chat (3D). Really hope this is possible.

2. Is there any way to bind a mouse button to PTT (talk over radio)?

As I can see the userconfig/acre_keys.hpp only covers the keyboard.

:rolleyes:

Hmm interesting, I'll test it out when I can get a couple more guys in TS and on the game server. I hope your right because its driving me round the bend peeps telling me it's not working.

People that are not running the plugin or not in game will hear you just like normal. When you speak over radio you are still using TS3 to send the voice data.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 AM ----------

First of all.. Thank you devteam for this amazing mod.

I have two Questions:

1. Is there any way to reduse the volume when transmitting over radio?

It is very loud compare to direct chat (3D). Really hope this is possible.

2. Is there any way to bind a mouse button to PTT (talk over radio)?

As I can see the userconfig/acre_keys.hpp only covers the keyboard.

:rolleyes:

For volume we are going to have that feature soon, but we might lower the radio volume a bit by default by placing the sound source not directly in the middle of your characters skull. :p

As for the mouse buttons, no not yet, we plan to in the future with a more robust in game config tool, but for right now it only supports keyboard commands. My suggestion till we add this functionality is to look into ways to bind specific mouse buttons to keyboard keys.

People that are not running the plugin or not in game will hear you just like normal. When you speak over radio you are still using TS3 to send the voice data.

Got it working now - sorry for the hassle it turned out that the three people I tested it with either had the wrong plugin .dll or hadn't loaded it. Mine was actually set up correctly :D

Thanks again, great mod :yay:

Nou, Jaynus,

Judging by this video here (starts at 4:00): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsQBTQtiQQ&

The (lets call it) "float-out zone" is way to narrow...

I don't think on clear LOS its just 5-10m between, being able to fully understand someone and not to hear him at all.

A 250-500m floating-zone where the clearness gets gradually bad/sound-issues appear the further away you are, is much more believable.

Thats the only thing i could criticize so far. Still absolutely tremendous job, excellent!

Nou, Jaynus,

Judging by this video here (starts at 4:00): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BsQBTQtiQQ&

The (lets call it) "float-out zone" is way to narrow...

I don't think on clear LOS its just 5-10m between, being able to fully understand someone and not to hear him at all.

A 250-500m floating-zone where the clearness gets gradually bad/sound-issues appear the further away you are, is much more believable.

Thats the only thing i could criticize so far. Still absolutely tremendous job, excellent!

There have been a few changes to the signal code since that video came out, but one thing to keep in mind is we do not know the position of the transmitter in that case. They could have been move behind obfuscations while transmitting as well. Its not purely limited on distance but terrain and objects in the way as well so there are some areas were cut off can be from like 100% to 0% in a matter of meters and others where its going to gradually get worse over the course of many hundreds of meters. It all depends on the terrain.