Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

;1690558']

I was under the impression that CBA_OA was only needed for stand-alone Operation Arrowhead' date=' not for Combined Arms (A2 + OA). Of course I'm probably wrong, but that's why I'm asking:

Does ACRE require CBA_OA to be present in a Combined Arms install??[/quote']

No i think you are correct. At least for ACE with CO its @CBA, and with stand alone OA its @CBA_OA.

If ACRE is different however im not sure about. Doesnt it say in the manual/wiki of ACRE?

And yes - amazing addon guys. :)

you can, read the wiki and manual.

nice that it is out :D really like it. brings arma communication to a new level.

question:

if you have 2 radios, can you listen to both. to speak you have to activate one thats logical, but hearing should work or ?

great work, thanks !!!

You will hear all radios currently on your person.

Jaynus / NouberNou, can you guys put the code in here to add the PRC-119 to a unit or cargo.

http://www.dev-heaven.net/projects/a2ts3/wiki/Class_Names_and_API

adds like any weapon. The PRC_119 does take up the back slot.

Just one question...how can i chnage the "biep" sounds while transmitting?

You cannot. It is currently statically hard-coded into the DLL. I haven't heard anyone wanting to change it - if you do, go ahead and file a ticket /w reasoning and we'll all see what we can do.

;1690558']........

Does ACRE require CBA_OA to be present in a Combined Arms install??

No' date=' it does not. We are just CBA-dependent; nothing different about how any CBA-enabled mods work. CBA_OA is just for standalone OA.

Could someone explain exactly what the difference between ACRE RC1.0 and ACRE Final 1.0 is, except that one has autoinstaller and the other not?

There is no difference - we just named them differently from different naming schemes. The auto-installer and the package the same.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 AM ----------

yeah but you can't play with beta patch snif

Right now JayArmA2lib *IS* 72107 compatible, and I am currently updating within 24 hours of every beta release.

We are just not officially supporting it via ACRE because of the quick release schedule.

If you like to run beta's, keep track of the JayArmA2Lib thread and tracker:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/jayarma2lib/files

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98647

And manually update your JayArmA2Lib. Also - remember that with beta, dsound.dll has to be copied to the "Expansion\beta" folder.

Because you run beta - its not my problem if its doesn't work, and we didn't want to track it here (different mod and not an ACRE issue).

Oh giddy! I'm really excited to try this out.

I was always impressed with TG PR servers, and with this as Mumble replacement TG would probably be my default server from now on :)

This is awesome. Love it to bits already. How easy is it to implement custom radios? I'd like to make a british PRR.

Its not that hard, but we are still developing the framework and API to do it. There are a number of functions you will have to implement in the future to let it tie in with our framework.

I seem to be having MAJOR issues with this working.

It loads up ACRE and Arma2JayLib, or what ever way round it goes, join the VCB server, get my gear and the personal radio is ACRE'd, but then I can't seem to get lips moving, nor the 3d sound working.

Have followed your trouble shooting guide yet still not working?

Got any advice?

See my .rpt file attached if that is of use http://www.mediafire.com/?2hny25blldn5ly8

I seem to be having MAJOR issues with this working.

It loads up ACRE and Arma2JayLib, or what ever way round it goes, join the VCB server, get my gear and the personal radio is ACRE'd, but then I can't seem to get lips moving, nor the 3d sound working.

Have followed your trouble shooting guide yet still not working?

Got any advice?

See my .rpt file attached if that is of use http://www.mediafire.com/?2hny25blldn5ly8

Troubleshooting guide and FAQ

Your RPT file shows JayArmA2Lib is *not* enabled or running. dsound.dll must be copied and be next to the EXE you are running, and you *must* start with @JayArmA2Lib in a modline, you cannot use the internal mod manager.

EDIT: p.s. steam has a habit of trashing modlines if it gives you the "launcher popup"

wooow i see the problem ! dsoud.dll isn't in the beta expansion but you didn't say that before xD sorry for the MP i really sorry

Ok, I have the modline right, "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@vcb;@CBA;@ACE;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib -nosplash.

But, when you say dsound.dll next to the exe, in what sense do you mean that? As in in the Arma 2 folder, or litterally next to? As if it's the latter it does not allow me to re-arange them...

Ok, I have the modline right, "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2OA.exe" -mod=@vcb;@CBA;@ACE;@ACRE;@JayArma2Lib -nosplash.

But, when you say dsound.dll next to the exe, in what sense do you mean that? As in in the Arma 2 folder, or litterally next to? As if it's the latter it does not allow me to re-arange them...

dsound.dll needs to be in the same folder as the EXE, and @JayArmA2Lib must exist as a folder and be loaded as a mod as well. Which means the dsound.dll provided by JayArmA2Lib goes in:

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\

Unless your running sprocket version, and getting the popup error. That means update to 1.52

I need to venture to MP now (i know its wrong but I haven't realy bothered thus far).

This looks /sounds great.

BTW "Next to" the exe = "in the same folder as ...".

A configurable radio comms sound (clicks) of your choosing would be "nice" but nothing major.

Is there a way that this could be tied to a map with a transmitting tower or tied to a base/building/vehicle so comms could be "taken out" via a mission? Kind of adding some online mayhem with PvP and such if you had the ability to kill comms of apposing team, for them to have to build a back up in some way, or only shortwave/short distance comms work as backup but long range get taken out. Or maybe comms for people in vehicles or helis use transmitter and they get taken out of comms, that kind of thing. I guess im talking about similar things as Electric control grid but for comms. I know you can have radios that dont rely on a main transmitter, but its just a thought.

Edited by mrcash2009

What you need to remember that if you are running the game with the OA latest beta, copy the dsound.dll to the Expansion\beta directory! Still after that I'm not getting things to work properly for some reason atm... In single player editor it seems to work just fine, but as soon as I join our server, its not working. And heres the next "problem"; What parts do I need to load on our (linux) dedicated server for this to work? for obvious reasons I cannot use the dsound.dll on our linux server as that is a windows library. Will just using @acre work? or do I need to enable @JayArma2Lib also on our server? Will that require to load the server with dsound.dll?

What you need to remember that if you are running the game with the OA latest beta, copy the dsound.dll to the Expansion\beta directory! Still after that I'm not getting things to work properly for some reason atm... In single player editor it seems to work just fine, but as soon as I join our server, its not working. And heres the next "problem"; What parts do I need to load on our (linux) dedicated server for this to work? for obvious reasons I cannot use the dsound.dll on our linux server as that is a windows library. Will just using @acre work? or do I need to enable @JayArma2Lib also on our server? Will that require to load the server with dsound.dll?

#1. Check the troubleshooting wiki

#2. Only @ACRE and @CBA are actually used on the server side. @JayArmA2Lib will be there, but not touched.

#1. Check the troubleshooting wiki

#2. Only @ACRE and @CBA are actually used on the server side. @JayArmA2Lib will be there, but not touched.

#1. nothing mentioned about the need to install this onto a server, as in the old arma2ts system didnt require anything to be loaded on the server, thats why I was checking. There is also nothing mentioned in the install guide about installing this to server also. Could there be some kind of a check to see if server is running ACRE and client is not, do a message and vice versa?

#2. There will be nothing extra on my server unless I manually put it there and thats the reason I was asking. So I will only have to upload @acre to my server and enable it along with having @cba running for this to work properly then. Thats the only info I need :)

great job, for the swedish forces pack we got several radios and now I wonder (haven't had time to depbo and check your stuff) but is it possible to make addons that use this with our own radios?

Is it possible to put the dsound.dll into the acre mod directory and not arma2 dir? I see at tactical gamer Yoma link that they hold it there.

For i hold the issue that i need to prepare a packet including jayarmalib and acremyself for a yoma repository.

Leaving only installing the teamspeak plugin by the members. As i read it needs to be in your .exe directory but also seeing it into acre mod at tactical gamer it made a bit questioning.

Maybe this can be cleared up?

(or somebody can tell me how to put it in the yoma updater :P )

I dont have an bipe sound anymore...Radio still work, 3D Sound works. But no Biep sounds!

wooow i see the problem ! dsoud.dll isn't in the beta expansion but you didn't say that before xD sorry for the MP i really sorry

i said that 2 time to you, you just didnt read it. thats the way 99% of the "errors" sit infront of the computer.

go back to post #34 and read it !!!

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

I dont have an bipe sound anymore...Radio still work, 3D Sound works. But no Biep sounds!

raise the volume in ts for "lautstärke soundpacks". think you put it down that you dont hear the join player stuff with the computervoice ;)

try it worked fpr me.

Is it possible to put the dsound.dll into the acre mod directory and not arma2 dir? I see at tactical gamer Yoma link that they hold it there.

For i hold the issue that i need to prepare a packet including jayarmalib and acremyself for a yoma repository.

Leaving only installing the teamspeak plugin by the members. As i read it needs to be in your .exe directory but also seeing it into acre mod at tactical gamer it made a bit questioning.

Maybe this can be cleared up?

(or somebody can tell me how to put it in the yoma updater :P )

Limitation of the way jayarma2lib patches the binary. Its not avoidable. dsound.dll will *NOT* be updated in future jayarma2lib/acre releases, however. So its a 1-time drop.

sorry didn't see your post is behind my post when i post it i din't see your post

raise the volume in ts for "lautstärke soundpacks". think you put it down that you dont hear the join player stuff with the computervoice ;)

try it worked fpr me.

Still doesent work. other Question... Need i CBA_Oa for Combined Operation?

Hello guys,

Firstable, i want to congratulate the entire team for this hard work that's giving us one of the most immersive and realistic addon for A2.

Nevertheless, i am quite surprised not to see any mention of Johnson & Le Culto in your credits. They have the original idea (arma2ts) and even if they were not able to develop and create a state of art addon as yours, i think they deserve to be mentionned.

My 2 cents,

Regards,