Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Awesome [GLT]Myke.

Thanks for this cool addon :)

No Myke I meant as being ticketed for addition into ACE for ACEX_RU and ACEX.

No Myke I meant as being ticketed for addition into ACE for ACEX_RU and ACEX.

Well, i don't see any reason why it should. Everyone is free to use it alongside to ACE2. Also it requires the Missilebox and i don't see it happen that this would be included into ACE2 aswell, even more as this is a never finished addon as it gets expanded with new content every now and then.

Hi guys im having some trouble getting mine to work im trying to add the f16 and the missile box to my game and have got the f16 in game but with no weapons, now when i start the game i get a message when i start up saying "Addon GLT_Missilebox_config requires version 1.54 of the application" and im guessing thats the problem? Anyone know what im doing wrong?

@AVFC

Your game version doesn't match. Either you don't have Combined Ops (which is ArmA 2 & Operation Arrowhead combined) or your game version is not patched.

I have both arma and oa but im only trying to run it on arma 2 at the moment, im patched up to 1.09.

I have both arma and oa but im only trying to run it on arma 2 at the moment, im patched up to 1.09.
"Addon GLT_Missilebox_config requires version 1.54 of the application"

It couldn't be clearer.

hey MIKE,

Great job that your f-16 missile and your box, I have 2 questions for you will make other version of the F-16 as the two-seater version or a version block 60 and is my second question is it can be tanks of kerosene that is detachable in flight?

f-16 block 60

http://img863.imageshack.us/i/f16eblock60.jpg/

thx man

About the 2-seater, i said it once in the past but i'm surely willing to repeat myself: the 2-seater is mainly for training purpose. Unlike a F/A-18 there is no Pilot/WSO setup common for the F-16.

Also the version i'm working on is a Block 50/52. Block 60 doesn't differ much from 50/52 visually.

And devil might have my soul if i would consider doing a version with CFT, this just looks ugly as hell. :D

there is a 2-seater block 60

but this one would be cool aswell but its totally up to you im already happy that there is a new f-16 with better textures and animation is coming up :D looking forward to maybe some new screenies and videos and updates?? keep i up myke

there is a 2-seater block 60

but this one would be cool aswell but its totally up to you im already happy that there is a new f-16 with better textures and animation is coming up :D looking forward to maybe some new screenies and videos and updates?? keep i up myke

wiki:

F-16E/F

The F-16E (single seat) and F-16F (two seat) are newer F-16 variants. The Block 60 version is based on the F-16C/D Block 50/52 and has been developed especially for the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It features improved AN/APG-80 Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, avionics, conformal fuel tanks (CFTs), and the more powerful GE F110-132 engine.[80][81]

F-16IN

For the ongoing Indian MRCA competition for the Indian Air Force, Lockheed Martin is offering the customized F-16IN Super Viper.[82] The F-16IN is based closely on the F-16E/F Block 60 and features conformal fuel tanks; AN/APG-80 AESA radar, GE F110-132A engine with FADEC controls; electronic warfare suite and infra-red searching (IRST); updated all-color glass cockpit; and a helmet-mounted cueing system.[83]

so would not be realistic ;) not built for the us-military ...

us does use the 52+advanced versions thou wich are bit similur to that

Suddenly your avatar become completely appropriate.

Alright alright calm down i downloaded it from the arma addons section not the oa so i did not know it was for oa no need to be an arse about it, those error messages mean nothing to a complete novice you might want to remember that in future altohugh i now understand what it means obviously. Wish i never bothered to ask.

Is it possible that you could include A cool future someday. I was thinking making a camera view on guided weapons LGB.. like on Su-24 Fencer....F-16 it works like when you drop "your" bomb camera instantly changes to the nose/tip of bomb and you cand watch that view to the impact. Plane would then fly in straight line.. so no worrie's

This thing has already exsisted in OFP it was made by Footmunch I think!?

Camera was on MIG-23 or Su-24 I cant remember right... some of those planes had this feature. Here are the links;

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7277

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10409

Please make it. srry for my shitty english..:o

LGB's don't have a camera, so i don't see why i should make this. Apart from that, someone made us hope for "render to texture" coming to ArmA 2 CO which would allow projecting the TV image of respective weapons (AGM-65, TV-guided version) to the MFD.

Be advised that i rather look what is realistic than what "might be cool". If you want to know if your bomb did hit properly, turn your head and look back.

Myke;1893333'] If you want to know if your bomb did hit properly' date=' turn your head and look back.[/quote']

:D :thumb:

**UPDATE**

GLT Missilebox 3.4 / GLT Real Air Weapons

Finally a update for the Missilebox.

Changelog:

- [fixed] Mk-82 BIS replacement model was placed incorrect

- [improved] fired EH reworked to save ressources (thx to Sickboy)

- [changed] BIS weapons config changes outsourced to separate Addon with separate serverkey

- probably several other minor improvements

What do you get:

The Missilebox includes several weapon systems used by several addons. Those i know of:

F-16

F-22 (by nes4day)

JAS-39

Su-24

Su-34 Desert Camo

Tu-22M3 (by [APS]Gnat)

F/A-18 (by Meatball0311, not yet released)

Besides the weapon systems, the Missilebox also replaces the models of the default BIS weapons. Please note that with version 3.4 only models are changed, weapons performance remains untouched.

The Missilebox also include several new versions of defualt BIS planes with altered weapon loadouts:

Su-39 Laser

- laserguided Ch-29

Su-39 JDAM

- GPS/INS guided KAB-500SE

Su-34 Laser

- laserguided Ch-29

Su-34 JDAM

- GPS/INS guided KAB-500SE

AV-8B JDAM

- GPS/INS guided GBU-53

A-10 JDAM

- GPS/INS guided GBU-53

The Missilebox also includes the GBU-43/B Massive Ordinance Air Blast as GPS/INS guided weapon.

And finally, the Missilebox equips the C-130 with laserscanner and GPS/INS systems required for the GBU-43/B.

As a new addon the GLT_RAW (Real Air Weapons) is introduced which improves all Air-to-Air aswell as Ground-to-Air weapons so they will fit with the performances of the Missilebox weapons. Mainly it means increased range and decreased speed of all respective weapons as BIS's default settings were far away from being even closely realistic.

For the gameplay it means, avoiding enemy missiles relies now far more on pilot skills than just dropping flare/chaff. You can outmaneuver missiles if you're good enough.

The GLT_RAW comes with own separate bikey file so server owner can better control if this addon should be allowed or not.

I do recommend it if the Missilebox and it's weapons are in use as it would imbalance Missilebox planes against BIS weapons equipped planes.

Downloads:

GLT Missilebox 3.4: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_Missilebox_complete.7z

GLT Real Air Weapons: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_RealAirWeapons.7z

EXCELLENT news Myke. Thanks for all the work on this! Us flyboys REALLY appreciate it!

Any advice on how to put in correct gps coordinates when overflying a taget?

Any advice on how to put in correct gps coordinates when overflying a taget?

Open GPS dialog, click on map and press "Mark GPS" on the left of the MFD.

Is it possible that you could include A cool future someday. I was thinking making a camera view on guided weapons LGB.. like on Su-24 Fencer....F-16 it works like when you drop "your" bomb camera instantly changes to the nose/tip of bomb and you cand watch that view to the impact. Plane would then fly in straight line.. so no worrie's

This thing has already exsisted in OFP it was made by Footmunch I think!?

Camera was on MIG-23 or Su-24 I cant remember right... some of those planes had this feature. Here are the links;

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=7277

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/index.php?showthis=10409

Please make it. srry for my shitty english..:o

I used Footmuch's Mig-27 Bomb Cam script on the F15 addon.

It could easily to be used for say the Maverick missile so the pilot could ride the missile into the target...