Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Will also test it this weekend with a TrackIR 4.-Report will follow at the latest on Sunday. Thanks a lot for this idea in advance.

Edit: Will also try to activate some freetrack-users from our community for further info.

Myke;1871388']Ok' date=' here is another pre-beta of the AH-1Z with TrackIR/Freetrack controlled turret. Mainly i tried to compensate helicopter movement so when it accelerates (nose down) or brakes (node up) you wont completely lose your target. Also i still need some feedback of non-TrackIR/Freetrack users if the automatic override of headtracking works and you can control the turret as usual.

[url']http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/GLT_AH1Z.7z[/url]

Requires GLT Missilebox

Please let me get one thing clear: i need some feedback if everything regarding gun/turret control work as expected or it wont make it to a final state. So if you want have it, help me finishing it. All you need to do is to test if it works, no rocket science.

I would test all day, if you could also enable it as pilot. I asked you already but i ask one single time again.

I know what you think about the gunner seat, i think the same BUT, this is still a game and you said it's no big deal to enable for pilot on manual fire.

And you are the only one who can fulfill my dream. Plz think about it

I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY!!! -Ray Person, an awesome douchebag if ever there was one. :)

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Sorry guys I've tried to find a solution to this and I still am having problems with it.

How do you load the MOAB into the C-130 or Gnat's B-52?

I placed the MOAB within 25m of the C-130 and nothing.

Cheers in advance

I found that issue with the MOAB thats included in the weapons pack update. However I found that if you download the MOAB seperately (can be found on armaholic) it works fine. Hope that helped. :)

I LOVE YOU FRUITY RUDY!!! -Ray Person, an awesome douchebag if ever there was one. :)

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

I found that issue with the MOAB thats included in the weapons pack update. However I found that if you download the MOAB seperately (can be found on armaholic) it works fine. Hope that helped. :)

Would be more helpful to receive a sample mission which shows the problem as i can't reproduce the problem at my side and using old and outdated versions instead isn't really a good solution.

I don't understand that sentence..i just asked a normal question..if asking questions is not allowed, it's ok..,

EDIT: Sorry , i'm sick atm , so i if i was able to read, it would be a big advantage :) , Ray is awesome, but Rudy is the sick-o..but lets get back to thread..

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

hey guys, i am having a problem with GLT Missile box add on. Everytime I start the game(Operation Arrowhead -Standalone) it comes up with "cannot load texture ca\air\data\col\au8b_ca.p99", When I delete this add on it works fine. I need this add on for the f22 and a couple other jets. The current addons that I am using are CBA and CBA_OA. I downloaded the GLT addon from here. Does anyone know how to fix this issue.

Please copy/paste your arma2oa.rpt to www.pastebin.com.

What i can say so far, nothing in the missilebox uses a texture ot any other file with the named filepath. This Filepath even doesn't exist (it would be a default BIS texture under this path).

Myke;1874003']Please copy/paste your arma2oa.rpt to www.pastebin.com.

What i can say so far' date=' nothing in the missilebox uses a texture ot any other file with the named filepath. This Filepath even doesn't exist (it would be a default BIS texture under this path).[/quote']

Dont worry, i found the file, i will copy it across to that link.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 AM ----------

I think this is what you were after, there is a lot more info in this file, but i think this is what relates to my issue, here

I tried adding the glt missle box addon again, came up with samthing, but I also added the su34 addon. It came up with "Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\air3\su34\data\int_new_nohq.paa." when i entered editor and went preview.

Edited by ThePathMaker

@ThePathMaker

can it be that you have Operation Arrowhead standalone?

Myke;1874300']@ThePathMaker

can it be that you have Operation Arrowhead standalone?

I would not have a clue. I am new to PC gaming and addons. I only download the addons that were for arrowhead only.

Well but i guess you know what game you bought, what it says on the cover (or similar in case of Steam/Direct2Disc downloads).

Have you bought ArmA 2?

Have you bought ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead?

Have you bought ArmA 2: Combined Operations?

Myke;1874309']Well but i guess you know what game you bought' date=' what it says on the cover (or similar in case of Steam/Direct2Disc downloads).

Have you bought ArmA 2?

Have you bought ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead?

Have you bought ArmA 2: Combined Operations?[/quote']

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Standalone - bought from shop updated to version 1.57

ArmA 2: Operation Arrowhead Standalone - bought from shop updated to version 1.57

You will need Combined Operations (which is ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead together) to use the addons.

Myke;1874366']You will need Combined Operations (which is ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead together) to use the addons.

The addons I downloaded say they only require CBA, CBA_OA, GLT Missle box or no addons required. But I didn't check GLT Missle box, does that require ArmA 2?

The Missilebox requires Combined Operations, the Su-34 Desert requires Combined Operations. Not yet sure about the F-22 but as it requires the Missilebox....

Myke;1874399']The Missilebox requires Combined Operations' date=' the Su-34 Desert requires Combined Operations. Not yet sure about the F-22 but as it requires the Missilebox....[/quote']

Thanks, sorry about the run around. I didn't think to check the missile box requirements. They still seem to work, i just get that message. Anyway, thanks again.

mmmm

Myke as far as I'm concerned, the F-35B can carry JDAMs in their inner weapon bays

Do you plan to integrate your INS/GPS weapon systems in the F-35? I mean, if the Harrier can use them the F-35 could use them with much more reason.

And also, a cruise missile script like that of the Arma 2 tomahawk could be very useful, IMHO.

You can take a look at the scripts in the Air2 pbo

It's not final but could be the basis for a non Mando missile cruise missile system

He would need the MLOD to do that. There are Harrier and an A-10 MLODs that have been released by BIS a while ago (Because they were in ArmA1).

He would need the MLOD to do that. There are Harrier and an A-10 MLODs that have been released by BIS a while ago (Because they were in ArmA1).

Erm...no. No need for the MLOD's for simple loadouts. I would need the MLOD's to make them fully Missilebox compatible but adding the JDAM and GPS/INS system is possible without them. Actually the planes added in the Missilebox are the A2/OA versions. I just needed to make a special BIS version of the bomb MLOD.

Good to know, I was under the impression that they were needed. I think I was thinking of the lean/Track Ir gun cam maybe.

seem to get this whenever i try and load falcons to my linux a2 oa server not sure why

Critical:Destroying running thread!WATCHDOG (4095): [Thu Mar 17 18:41:46 GMT 2011] Server died, waiting to restart...
WATCHDOG (4095): [Thu Mar 17 18:41:51 GMT 2011] Starting server (port 2302)...
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Item STR_GLT_F16_LIBTEXT listed twice
Item STR_GRP_USAF listed twice
Item STR_CFG_MULTIROLE listed twice
Item STR_CFG_CAP listed twice
Item STR_CFG_LGB listed twice
Item STR_CFG_MK82 listed twice
Item STR_CFG_AGM listed twice
Item STR_ACTION_AFTERBURNER_ON listed twice
Item STR_ACTION_AFTERBURNER_OFF listed twice
Item STR_COL_BLACK_MR listed twice
Item STR_COL_BLACK_CAP listed twice
Item STR_COL_BLACK_GBU listed twice
Item STR_COL_BLACK_MK listed twice
Item STR_COL_BLACK_AGM listed twice
Item STR_COL_EURO_MR listed twice
Item STR_COL_EURO_CAP listed twice
Item STR_COL_EURO_GBU listed twice
Item STR_COL_EURO_MK listed twice
Item STR_COL_EURO_AGM listed twice
Item STR_COL_GREY_MR listed twice
Item STR_COL_GREY_CAP listed twice
Item STR_COL_GREY_GBU listed twice
Item STR_COL_GREY_MK listed twice
Item STR_COL_GREY_AGM listed twice
Item STR_CFG_FACTION_BLACK listed twice
Item STR_CFG_FACTION_GREY listed twice
Item STR_CFG_FACTION_NATO listed twice
Item STR_DN_VEHICLECLASS listed twice
18:42:08 Dedicated host created.
18:42:09 Host identity created.
WATCHDOG (4095): [Thu Mar 17 18:44:03 GMT 2011] Server died, waiting to restart...

The only other addons in use are ace and duala and this is whats in my @falcons\addons folder

glt_f16_oa_config.pbo

glt_f16_oa_config.pbo.glt_addons.bisign

glt_f16.pbo

glt_f16.pbo.glt_addons.bisign

glt_missilebox_config.pbo

glt_missilebox_config.pbo.glt_addons.bisign

glt_missilebox.pbo

glt_missilebox.pbo.glt_addons.bisign

gpsins_manual.pdf

@anarcho

these messages just say that the listed strings are pesent twice as a stringtable. It wont cause any problems so far. I know it is annoying a bit but since it isn't something critical i will not release a hotfix.

So you can safely ignore them.

Btw, this line:

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

is not caused by any GLT mod but by ArmA 2 itself. So BIS isn't any better. ;)

problem is i only get those errors when i add my @falcon folder and it instantly crashes the server when someone tries to join.

@anarcho

I don't know why your server crashs, i know that the addons are successfully used on multiple servers without any problems. The listed error message has just informal character and isn't a problem at all.

got it working :) it was due to the maxopenfiles limit on linux that i had messed up.

nice addon btw :)

Edited by anarcho