Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

I have just started playing around with arma scripts and i have been using your F16 and missile box + RAW addon. and I must say i cant get enough of it. I have Ikar's F14 and i really dont like the way the weapons handle/ feel. I was able to create a better load out using the missile box, but i have no more cannon. i used one of your example scripts from the F16 thread i think. i changed the ammo count to 675rnd instead of the 500. thats what th default f14 had i have no idea what the real value of the gun was.. But anyways here is the script i used.

//get the variables from the scriptcall

_plane = _this select 0;

_newweaps = _this select 1;

_newmags = _this select 2;

//Lets see what is loaded

_weapons = weapons _plane;

_magazines = magazines _plane;

{_weapons = _weapons - [_x]} foreach ["GLT_M61A1","CMFlareLauncher_GLT"];

{_magazines = _magazines - [_x]} foreach ["675Rnd_20mm_M61A1_GLT","360Rnd_CMFlare_Chaff_Magazine"];

{_plane removeWeapon _x} foreach _weapons;

{_plane removeMagazines _x} foreach _magazines;

//Let's add the magazines and the weapons

{_plane addmagazine _x} foreach _newmags;

{_plane addWeapon _x} foreach _newweaps;

//Let's make sure the plane get's fully loaded

_plane setVehicleAmmo 1;

then in the init line i have this

legacy1 = [this, ["GLT_AIM9X_Launcher", "GLT_AIM7_Launcher","GLT_AIM54_Launcher"],["GLT_2Rnd_AIM9X", "GLT_2Rnd_AIM7", "GLT_6Rnd_AIM54"]] execVM "F14legacy.sqf"

I know Ikar's F14 wasnt desgined to use your missiles, Even though i cant see them on the pylons only the AIM9's display correctly i dont care. If i can get the Aim9/7's and the 54's to work then 675 rounds for the cannon I'll be a happy camper.

@BHCSAVAGE

As the F-14 doesn't use the Missilebox, i doubt it has the GLT M61 by default. So with your script you remove the default cannon but don't add a new afterwards.

It would be easier to just remove all weapons and magazines and then load everything from scratch.

like with a script or something else entirely? I got the stuff in the init line to work just fine. so could i theoretically just add the cannon with ammo amount as well?

like with a script or something else entirely? I got the stuff in the init line to work just fine. so could i theoretically just add the cannon with ammo amount as well?

Exactly.

Looks awesome... I assume they cant be loaded onto aircraft like your other missiles though.. they have to be part of the model right?

Great job as always man!

Looks awesome... I assume they cant be loaded onto aircraft like your other missiles though.. they have to be part of the model right?

Great job as always man!

They can be loaded as magazine and will then appear correctly (hopefully) on the respective vehicle.

They can be added through config (in a addon) or by script (addMagazine).

Remember, what you actually "see" loaded on a plane/helicopter (except FFAR launcher and alikes) are magazine classes and it's respective ammo class. A weapon is only required to fire a weapon but doesn't affect the ability to visually load something.

As the TOW Missile isn't a proxy weapon (means the missile/ammo is only spawned upon firing, not visibly loaded), adding the TOW Launcher could be done on any plane/chopper which has weapon proxies defined.

I do hope that addonmakers will go away from having such weapons "hardmodelled" in the vehicle p3d but move such things to proxies, regardless if they use the Missilebox or not. This way, Missionmaker could easily by script change the loadout if it fits for the Mission. So instead a Cobra with 2 FFAR pods and 8 Hellfires, one could load 4 FFAR pods instead...or 16 Hellfires. ;)

Hmmm.... I gonna take a serious look at this when I get back tonight then... So you can spawn a multiple launcher on a weapon proxy? This is fantastic..

Hmmm.... I gonna take a serious look at this when I get back tonight then... So you can spawn a multiple launcher on a weapon proxy? This is fantastic..

I guess you missed this one:

Yw9NZY7D8_M

I made this back when ArmA 2 was released to see how the proxies work and what's possible. All this is realized by simple proxies and cfgAmmo/cfgMagazines. Those TOW launcher would be similar to the FFAR launcher in the Vid.

Please take note that for the AGM-114 rack it needs additional proxies which usually aren't set up at most vehicles, so you can load the Rack itself but without missiles if those additional proxies aren't there.

It would need 1+4 proxies....1 Rack and 4 Missiles.

So you would have the standard proxies e.g 1-4 and on the two rack holder proxies you'd have some around them lik 1a,b,c 2a,b,c

Quote from another thread, discussion might continue here:

Theres nothing wrong with it for the vast majority of users, my community[unitedOperations.net] tends to get 50-70 players during weekends and GLT missilebox doesn't function well under that load of players[95% of addons don't aswell], in order to use the Nimitz and IkaR's F14 I had to modify and remove several scripts from them so they will work under the heavy server/connection/fps load.

I don't think the AIM-54 not being present is a big deal - in ArmA the engagements are typically within 4-5kms which is sidewinder range, having a iconic high quality twin seat jet far outweights the AIM-54 not being present in my humble opinion.

My reply was:

Myke;2098664']Care to elaborate how the Missilebox affects performance? The weapons are just models with textures' date=' no fancy scripting or something that could have any effect on the performance. Also the GPS/INS system is clientside and only active when actually using it. Actually i have no idea how a pure model could affect server/connection/fps load as it doesn't make any difference if the model is a BIS default model or a addon model.

For me personally, a F-14 without AIM-54 isn't a F-14 anymore. But this is really my personal opinion.[/quote']

and ZZEZ then replied:

Its not about the graphical performance, its solely server side issue with extreme low server fps - none the less its your choice and I completely respect it.

I'll still be playing with the Tomcat, hopefully at some point in the future we'll be able to use it online, can't wait for the next version :)

@Myke, I have no intention of polluting this thread with technical talk and back and fourth bickering, if you are truly interested in hearing then just shoot me a PM.

Ok, now here we are.

Let me say this: if there is really a issue with the Missilebox regarding performance, i'm surely interested to track it down and solve it.

What i can say now for sure: the weapons are similar to BIS weapons, means a model with textures and the common configs. Nothing fancy there which could affect server performance.

For the GPS/INS system is a one-shot script that is launched upon initialization. Means it runs exactly once at the start, finishs within seconds and after that, there is no other script runnin.

Only if you board a plane or chopper, there is a single looped script (with 0.333 seconds sleeps between each loop) to handle the spawned lasertarget for the GPS/INS system. But this is completely clientside and no network traffic is caused.

So i'm clueless which aspect of the Missilebox could have any effect on server performance.

Love the JDAM model :P reminds me of the one i sat on in the RDAF days :D

Thought you may find this interesting myke, US Air forces has recently taken delivery of the latest GBU-57 (a 30,000lb guided bomb than can penetrate 200ft of hardened concrete) in comparision the GBU-43 MOAB is 22,000lb and unlike its predisessor the B-2 bomber is capeable of carrying 2 GBU-57's....

Interesting, indeed. Although personally i think for ArmA 2 rather useless. It might be something for A3 if underground structures are supported there but here in A2, there is nothing which requires such massive peneatration. But if Gnat now shows up and says "can i has"...well, then i surely will consider it. ;)

"can I have?" LOL ;)

But yes, somewhat agree, nice, but seems a bit of overkill for ArmA maps.

Looking at the GBU-57, it's purpose is to destroy hardened subsurface targets which simply aren't there in A2. The GBU-43 is designed to flatten a rather large area, so completely different purpose. The bombs in the Missilebox actually can do the same what the GBU-57 could do.

But it is interesting, sure. I probably will include it in one of the next updates but not the one i'm currently working on (and which entered bug hunting phase yesterday).

:EDITH:

Gnat;2099829']"can I have?" LOL ;)

But yes' date=' somewhat agree, nice, but seems a bit of overkill for ArmA maps.[/quote']

No comment.....

gbu57.jpg

gbu57_2.jpg

gbu57_3.jpg

Edited by [FRL]Myke

A little teaser for the upcoming FRL Missilebox update 4.0 (formerly known as GLT Missilebox):

Myke;2099845']Looking at the GBU-57' date=' it's purpose is to destroy hardened subsurface targets which simply aren't there in A2. The GBU-43 is designed to flatten a rather large area, so completely different purpose. The bombs in the Missilebox actually can do the same what the GBU-57 could do.

But it is interesting, sure. I probably will include it in one of the next updates but not the one i'm currently working on (and which entered bug hunting phase yesterday).

:EDITH:

No comment.....

:D you're such a push over :P

now if only we had placeable underground buildings like VBS2 *rubs chin*

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted images

Impressive man....enough ordinance there to level a small country...and its Navy

Wow that an impressive museum of ordanance you have there sir... Well done!