Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Hey Myke, very strange error below, maybe you've come across it before.

Installed your addon, its great and then removed the PBO from my Arma 2 install... now when I start Arma 2 I constantly get:

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/GLT.BombBase.model'

Yet the PBO is gone, so no idea how it's still trying to load such a thing?

Searched for all GLT files in Arma 2 and got no joy... bit puzzled!

Hey Myke, very strange error below, maybe you've come across it before.

Installed your addon, its great and then removed the PBO from my Arma 2 install... now when I start Arma 2 I constantly get:

No Entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgAmmo/GLT.BombBase.model'

Yet the PBO is gone, so no idea how it's still trying to load such a thing?

Searched for all GLT files in Arma 2 and got no joy... bit puzzled!

Indeed, very strange. I can't reproduce the error on my side so i would need some assistance on this one.

- you say it is at game startup?

- are any other GLT addons loaded (Missilebox)?

- did the error occur also with vanilla CO/OA (no addons loaded at all)

- could you upload the rpt to www.pastebin.com

At this moment i'm clueless, even more as i never used "BombBase" anywhere in my addons as far as i can remember. So if anyone has an idea, i would be glad for any hint where to look for fixing this bug.

Myke;1818235']Indeed' date=' very strange. I can't reproduce the error on my side so i would need some assistance on this one.

- you say it is at game startup?

- are any other GLT addons loaded (Missilebox)?

- did the error occur also with vanilla CO/OA (no addons loaded at all)

- could you upload the rpt to [url']www.pastebin.com[/url]

At this moment i'm clueless, even more as i never used "BombBase" anywhere in my addons as far as i can remember. So if anyone has an idea, i would be glad for any hint where to look for fixing this bug.

Hey Myke, glad you are equally puzzled.

RPT - http://pastebin.com/r3FFDB4N

On sifting through the RPT and eliminating PBOs, I've found out it's the new WarFX causing the issue, removing it fixes the problem so obviously there is a patching issue for your classes, I am however running the pre-release R1 so that could be a contributing factor.

@J3ST3RM4A3

You have to place it in the Editor (Empty -> GLT - MOAB -> GBU-43/B), place a C-130J nearby (US or USMC, both works), walk up to the MOAB and check your actionmenu while looking at it.

@ray243

you can add additional planes with scripting:

_moab = _this;
waituntil {!isnil "GLT_LOADMOAB"}
_moab setVariable ["MOABPlanes", ["C130J", "C130J_US_EP1"]];

Launch this script from the MOAB's initline, expand the array which contains both C-130 variants with additional classnames.

@rexehuk

These are from the Missilebox, not the MOAB. If the problem is gone when disabling WarFX Blastcore, it seems that Opticalsnare has included some effects for the Missilebox to his WarFX addon. I will contact him to find a solution. Either he makes a separate pbo out of it so it can be removed if the Missilebox isn't in use or i will include his effects to the Missilebox. Stay tuned, probably you'll have to wait until Christmas is over.

I am however running the pre-release R1 so that could be a contributing factor.

Get the recent public version, if your running a pre-release tester version that i sent out prior to the public release for testing purposes only, then obv some things did not work properly and was therefor fixed minus the m203 grenades.

wld427f161.th.png

wld427f162.th.png

wld427f163.th.png

Spent some time on the tailmarks.

:EDITH:

Someone told me once that the black F-16 is "bullsh**" because there is no black F-16 in service by any country. Ok, he's right, no doubt. Nonetheless the black F-16 is pretty sexy. So i thought about how to handle the black version for the reworked version. And that is my proposition. Not pretty realistic either, but....why the hell not.

ionincfalcon.th.png

Edited by [FRL]Myke

I totally agree with you;Hell, it's a game,not a damn Encyclopedia!

Oh, did anybody tell him Tchernaruss doesn't really exist?

I don't know, somehow tonight i'm in the mood to create some tailmarks. Now the belgian Airforce:

f16belgian1.th.png

f16belgian2.th.png

Hope you like it.

Mike like always your stuff rocks. Screw everyone that says the black F-16 is bull. They can go to hell. I use the black one in my missions as a mercenary bird.

Keep up the great work and thanks for all the time you have put into making models. You need any help just ask.

Could I suggest that the riveted inspection panels (or whatever they are), along the fuselage in particular, are too prominent? Ideally they'd be reworked to use a finer line and/or higher-res texture but otherwise just less opacity for this feature would yield a better result I feel. To me they look bang-on against the lighter part of the fuselage but on the blue they're too visible, maybe a different blend mode for that layer?

The MOAB is a laserguided bomb so it should attack any lasertarget within range by itself.

However, the C-130 is not a fighter jet and the AI turns too early if the previous approach was unsuccesful, leading to another fail. Also AI usually flies too low and the C-130 is almost a sure loss.

Best chances, give the AI a long straight approach to the target area so it can see & lock early enough to the target. Also a flyinheight command could possibly help to prevent losing the C-130.

Finally, don't let AI do a mans job: fly it yourself to the target. ;)

The camo version looks ausome, is that going to be a new version you plan on releasing myke?

The black version looks sleek, it be like a ninja in the night, hard to see if at all until its to late :cool:

The release from my side will only contain US versions and maybe some aggressor versions (for PvP as often asked for) and of course the black version.

Besides that, i'm also preparing some retex variants but those will be released independently by the respective Mod-teams. If you now ask why, simply because if i would include all those versions into one single pack, all those mods would become required addons (it would depend on the respective faction, also the pilot class would be derived from the respective mod) so even if you don't want to use, let's say PRACS, you would have to download it as the F-16 wouldn't work without it.

So i decided to deliver myself only the base variants which only depends on CO/OA and CBA (eXtended Eventhandler) and prepare textures for several other mods, simply because sometimes i'm not in the mood for coding so i can use this time to make something worthy (hopefully) and take some workload from other modteams (i bet wld427 is happy for this ;) ). Also, i already have the templates (skin by eddyD, credits to him) so i think it's only logical.

The modteams will receive all required files/info pre-release so they can pretty easy build up their versions of the F-16 in a pretty short time, maybe even a synced release trough several mods.

But, this is future-talk, still a lot of work to do.

:EDITH:

So far planned from my side:

- Thunderbirds (Airshow squadron)

- US Air Force (desert, grey)

- US Air Force Aggressor (desert, russian blue, russian desert)

- ION Inc. (black)

For 3rd party mods, those textures will already be included although no classes included from my side:

- Project RACS

- Israeli Air Force

- Belgian Air Force

- Dutch Air Force

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Woh, lots of good stuff, looking forward to it apprecaite your work!

Will this work for Arma2 (meaning Arma2 alone), CO, or OA?

Woh, lots of good stuff, looking forward to it apprecaite your work!

Will this work for Arma2 (meaning Arma2 alone), CO, or OA?

CO and/or OA, i'm affraid i have to skip ArmA 2.

So... Gunter you have to grab yourself a copy of OA, so that future Mods like PR also requires CO for sure.

P.s. The RSAF (Republic of Singapore Air Force) also have some decent F-16C/Ds

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=RSAF+F-16

Planned to start modding after my studies (2 years). Singapore Armed Forces faction

As SAF Personnels have similar Woodland MARPAT Camo patterns to USMC (Lighter coloured versions) and Tanks like Leopard 2A6, Choppers like AH-64D are also found.

Edited by avengerzx

Oh, did anybody tell him Tchernaruss doesn't really exist?

it actually does XD

A friend of mine went there on holiday, it looks beautiful :)

@Myke: This is looking so awesome, can't wait untill it's released!!

Nicolai

Great addon I really love your F-16s only if there some Greek ones :)

Seriously amazing work and I love your planes simple as that :).

So... Gunter you have to grab yourself a copy of OA, so that future Mods like PR also requires CO for sure.

Ya in the new year i will, seeing that all theses great addons, and mods coming out I feel sorta limited and left out, lol.

Hey Myke question for you sir, was flying the F16 the other night, its very enjoyable flying it, it really responds well,

my question is and I'm not sure if this is the game limitation or if you can do something about it but when you launch a

missile its like theres to much smoke coming from the missile and its hard to see the missile itself, is there a way to reduce

the missile smoke so it dont look like your shooting smoke arrows at the enemy armor, it just dont look believable,

and kinda of ruins the game?

my question is and I'm not sure if this is the game limitation or if you can do something about it but when you launch a

missile its like theres to much smoke coming from the missile and its hard to see the missile itself, is there a way to reduce

the missile smoke so it dont look like your shooting smoke arrows at the enemy armor, it just dont look believable,

and kinda of ruins the game?

It may not look believable to you, but it's realistic.

After the rocket motor dies out, the smoke stops. Just like in real life. :)