Sign in to follow this  
[frl]myke

FRL Airforce Addons release thread

Like it, I suppose also adding it to stock aircraft would only be possible with MLOD's?

I have to say the cockpit itself is looking fab too.

Like it, I suppose also adding it to stock aircraft would only be possible with MLOD's?

I have to say the cockpit itself is looking fab too.

Thx Defunkt (and all others) for the warm words.

And yes, adding it to the BIS stock aircraft would require the MLOD's as it is a new animation so named selections would have be created for it.

:EDITH:

If an addonmaker is interested to include this in his own planes/choppers, drop me a PM. It isn't complicated.

WTF... Do i need headtrack for that? or can I use keyboard?

It works with whatever you have assigned to lean. Works with TrackIR aswell as with keyboard.

@wolfbite

sorry mate, i'm sometimes a little slow...what do you want to say with that pic?

realy great job Myke! i really mean it.

will send you a pm soonish

Here, let me translate, I'm fluent in feline facial expressions.

"Oh My GAWD"

LOL....thanks mate for translation.

@Pufu

ready for your PM, mate.

will you do Polish aiforce reskin too , please ?

it would be good for me to have Polish F16 (using for example your addon , your pack, in whatever form to not double work )

he already said the f16 will be prepared for HiddenSelection.

I am sure if you ask nicely, myke will surely release the UV layout as a PSD file, so you can do it the way you like it ;)

@Vilas

as Pufu already said, the F-16 is prepared for retexturing and several other personalization options. More concrete info and how-to will be available at release.

Also PSD will be available at this time so a reskin should be easily done.

Something is wrong glt_missile_box_config is missing

i tryed with CO/OA Nothing to get working, it even spoiled 4 hour's of editing

Because that missile box thing is not working.....

glt_missile_box_config is missing

Wossup.....???

:hyper: so excited by what I just saw

This new cockpit is just...amazing and the leaning ability makes me speechless

Will this be possible on BI vehicles ? I know you've already answered that question but all I understand about MLOds is what those letters stand for, so...

Thanks for your hard work !

@Macadam Cow

MLOD is the ArmA 2 3D file format. I guess it means "Multiple level of detail" but it is really a wild guess. In other terms: to include the lean feature one would require the original 3D data to include the anims to the model. Technically it is just catching the user input for leaning and tilting the pilots body accordingly.

Actually i'm researching if it is possible to implement head up/down movement (no, not look up/down, really head up to glance over the instrument panel a bit) with TrackIR but i don't know yet if it's technically possible.

yup, MLOD means multiple level of detail or mega lol of doom :D

I'm getting even more excited by the head up/down !

But you didn't answered my question : is this possible on official BIS vehicles ?

IRCC ArmA2's MLODs weren't provided by BIS, right ?

Such an enhancement would also be incredible in choppers, I've already expericienced numerous situation where I would probably not crashed if I have had this.

AS much as the head up/down would become a must have for the infantry. Not that I'm asking you to do it but well...it'd be good to know :)

I hope many addon makers will come to you to implement this in their addons, I think this is the kind of feature once you've played with it you simply can't go back.

Good luck in your further research.

But you didn't answered my question : is this possible on official BIS vehicles ?
to include the lean feature one would require the original 3D data to include the anims to the model.

It has been answered. ;)

Theoretically you can include it on every vehicle if you have access to the unbinarized model data. From that point it doesn't matter if it's BIS model or from an addonmaker.

As already said, who is interested can drop me a PM and i will send back how it is realised. So far i've received 0 PM's about so i start to guess that either people aren't interested or they'll wait until i've released the F-16 to rip it apart and try to figure out themselfes. ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist for that sidekick, no offence intended, just joking.

Myke;1797969']Actually i'm researching if it is possible to implement head up/down movement (no' date=' not look up/down, really head up to glance over the instrument panel a bit) with TrackIR but i don't know yet if it's technically possible.[/quote']

You mean 6 DOF?

Well ... maybe this can help you:

rDSmzAoXEhU

This would also mean that it's possible with BI vehicles.

It was possible in ArmA 1 with ArmAlib but I dont' know if it's possible with JayArmALib.

But very nice cockpit, Myke. :yay:

I'm looking forward to the release of the new F16. :bounce3:

@Cyborg11

I'm not interested into including additional tools like JayArmaLib, if i can make it standalone, good, if not, at least i've tried it.

Another WIP shot which might be interesting for you out there:

f16customcontrols.th.png

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Hi Mike your works are great... did you plan a further release of Su34 with afterburner like F16 ?, in your future release do you think that will be possible to assign a key to burner?

thank you for your effort and can't wait for new releases :)

@Rubberkite

Actually the Afterburner on the F-16 is assigned to VehicleTurbo key to engage and reduce throttle to disengage. Actually i don't know what to do with the SU-34, surely some bugfixing if possible. If it will receives additional functionality, i don't know.

@All

who have problems with "missing addon "GLT_Missilebox_config", i'm awaiting report from a tester if it is solved (couldn't reproduce myself so i rely on external tester) and then a update will be released. The update will "only" contain minor bugfixes and adjustements, no new content at this point.

And in the meantime, i'm preparing a little Christmas present for you all:

uQX4Je9JHV0

Argh, almost forgot: particle effects seen in this vid (and later in addon) are composed and provided by Opticalsnare.

Edited by [FRL]Myke