Sign in to follow this  
SGT. Armstrong

I'm sick of ofp complaints!

Everytime I go on reviews for OFP I always see it getting 3 1/2 out of 5 and the complaints of it in forums like "It's boring!", "You have to stand still to reload", "You die when you are once or twice", "There's always twice as many enenmy soldiers more than friendly" and the most pathetic part is "There's no Aliens or Plasma rifles in it or any Pokemon" (KILL KILL KILL POKEMON!!!!!!!wink.gif these people are just totally sad and can't understand the word "realism" this game isn't about Half-Life or F*****G Pokemon (It's not as if you clear an area of Soviets then a bunch of wild Pikachus trained by russians to attack you or flying a Blackhawk then come under fire from a Lugia!!!!wink.gif and PLEASE!!! no plasma guns, these people really have to know that this is what war is like in real life!! mad.gif and the game didn't become game of the year and become a #1 bestseller. If you think these people are pathetic please answer!!

LMAO, Pokeman hehehe, yeah m8 i'm 110% in agreemant, if they don't like what they see, they can always go back to playing with their "Action Man" or "Toy cars". If they don't like OFP, play something else and leave this game to the "Realists". I played the fragfest type games once and once only, didn't enjoy it but i never complained about it, i just moved on to something that i did enjoy.

You know what i hate the most? To get an appraisal that is conterminous to the highest possible rating. If you get a high rating, there is no room for improvement anymore, the peak had been reached and it can only stay level or go down- mostly the latter case is true.

If everything would be perfect in OFP (which it is far from being) and we would all have the same backgrounds and age, there would be no complaints at all i assume, and i´m really glad that´s not the case.

In the end all the complaints, the reasoned ones fitting into the OFP thematic, help making the game better to everyones profit and experience. If noone would complain there would be theoretically no need improve certain aspects of the game with bugfixes and upgrades, infact most bugs and issues would go willingly or not unnoticed.

For the reviews; it depends on the individual character that is reviewing and his expectations he projected into the game before testing it; a die hard Simulation enthusiast that had expected to test an ultrarealistic sim, won´t give OFP the highest possible ranking but rather a low one.

I think there is a huge room for improvement in OFP, and i do have many complaints just like other people, especially concerning the "realism" aspect of units, critism is very important for improvement and will get you further than saying "yay" to everything because of wrongly understood "patriotism", that mostly ends up in insults on this board.

Let the CS and anime kiddies have their fun. Do what I do: ignore em, and when you see em, kick the shit out of em.

i never take game reviews too seriously. i usually go on screenshots and demos. just because some quaker who wants to bunny hop and charge forward firing his M-60 gunning down the enemy doesn't like the game doesn't mean i won't.

I know exactly where youre coming from bud also what about the people who constantly want to cheat?Rather than persist with this great game,they want to stick in a level select cheat,or god cheat and complete the game that way,i think its beside the point of the game to cheat.The key word here is REALISM,its not an arcade game...Its a war sim.A great war sim,the best war sim.Not so Seriosly though.Plasma rifles? ???Could you imagine this great game with plasma rifles?No it would be shite.As for pokemon confused.gif Whats the world coming to???</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ONLY THE STRONGEST SURVIVE!!