Sign in to follow this  
Jack

Gun laws in the United States

Again, I can't stress enough how important it is to realize that crimes are rarely committed with legally-obtained firearms; they are almost always committed with firearms that were bought on the black market, generally by people who would never be allowed to purchase them legally, so gun control isn't doing anything.
You right it is rarely committed by legally obtained fire arms. It's committed by stolen firearms that are stolen from people's houses or gun shops...
I'm not considering the fact that you need to be a complete psychopath to even consider doing something like this) to just walk around killing people with any sort of firearm. Given enough ammo and time, you could finish off quite a few helpless victims.

No sociopath is more likely or someone who's had a nervous breakdown and just happens to have a cache of "Legally" obtained assault rifles.. Misery loves company..

You know what would really protect people from mass shootings? Getting rid of the inane "gun-free zone" doctrine that makes it illegal for anyone to carry a firearm in places like schools (hell of a lot of good that has done for every school shooting ever -- didn't the mass murderers see the "this is a gun-free zone" sign?). If it were allowed, then the non-psychopathic types who choose to arm themselves would have the opportunity to defend themselves and others well before the police even arrive at the scene. And what's more, a would-be school shooter might even think twice now that he can't be sure that everyone's so defenseless anymore. Imagine.
So you must want to live a gun nut fantasy land where there are no laws and criminals and law abiding citizens are armed to the teeth and where people who are not trained take their lives and the lives others into their own hands instead of doing whats smart, which is to hide and wait for the professionals. I'm not saying law enforcement is perfect, they're human and I resent you putting words in my mouth. But they're way more trained to deal problems like that than some redneck cowboy who's watched Die Hard one too many times and thinks he can be a real life John McClane. I would never want anyone other than a police officer carrying a gun around my kid while they're at school.. People like you are extremely dangerous in your ignorance. Edited by Big Mac

You know what would really protect people from mass shootings? Getting rid of the inane "gun-free zone" doctrine that makes it illegal for anyone to carry a firearm in places like schools (hell of a lot of good that has done for every school shooting ever -- didn't the mass murderers see the "this is a gun-free zone" sign?). If it were allowed, then the non-psychopathic types who choose to arm themselves would have the opportunity to defend themselves and others well before the police even arrive at the scene. And what's more, a would-be school shooter might even think twice now that he can't be sure that everyone's so defenseless anymore. Imagine.

This HAS to be a troll.

He is. No one with any common sense would agree to that.

Its a controversial standpoint, but not an uncommon one. I don't think he is a troll.

Edited by sparks50

And now if someone would explain with proper arguments WHY his standpoint is false, this might turn back into a meaningful conversation instead of a labeling contest.

Is he saying that kids (older kids) should be allowed to have them, or that adults there should be allowed to? Either way I think it is dangerous to have fire arms in places with curious kids (young children) or potentially irresponsible ones who commonly experience irrational fits of rage and various other emotions (teenagers) unless your a police officer. The cop stationed at our school carried a gun so I guess not all schools are gun-free zones. It actually kind of made me feel less safe because it always seemed like it would be easy to knock him to the ground and get it away from him. Especially in the crowded hallways we had where very few people would take notice.

I attend a school that is a "gun free zone". Concealed carry is where I truly believe in don't ask, don't tell. I'd rather be expelled than buried.

I attend a school that is a "gun free zone". Concealed carry is where I truly believe in don't ask, don't tell. I'd rather be expelled than buried.

A pregnant girl brought a snub nose 38 to my HS back during my junior year, she planned on shooting her boyfriend because he knocked her up and when he found out he dumped her. The heartbreak mixed with the extreme emotions involved with pregnancy caused her not to think rationally and she stole her dad's gun to kill her baby's father. Thankfully someone who was responsible told the school resource officer (BKA school cop) and she was stopped before she murdered someone or killed herself.

Would you shoot a pregnant girl just because she wasn't thinking rationally for very good reasons? I wouldn't, not even if she planned on killing me. Stop being a troll.

Edited by Big Mac

I wouldn't shoot her if she planned on shooting you either.

I wouldn't shoot her if she planned on shooting you either.
See? Troll.

But yet you seem to do it at every turn. Stop being a troll.

You don't even know what a troll is, clearly. Stop calling everyone that disagrees with you a troll, it's kind of troll like.

For the record if a pregnant girl came after me with a gun I'd shoot her twice in the face. No worries.

You don't even know what a troll is, clearly. Stop calling everyone that disagrees with you a troll, it's kind of troll like.

For the record if a pregnant girl came after me with a gun I'd shoot her twice in the face. No worries.

You are the definition of a troll. You go around making stupid remarks for the sole purpose of flame baiting everyone for your own amusement. And you talk like a tough guy who if put in a situation where you had to kill someone you'd probably wouldn't have the stomach for it, even if it meant saving your own life.. I deal with countless guys like you everyday. All talk and no walk and I giggle and walk away.. Edited by Big Mac

I deal with countless guys like you everyday. All talk and no walk and I giggle and walk away..

Must be a tough dating scene.

:eek:

M

G

:annoy:

Are you saying you bring a gun to school??! You are seriously f**king crazy, and I don't have to think twice about saying that. You are soooo not worth even attempting to have a serious conversation with.

oopsie... i just fed a troll, didn't I? I always mess that up

Seems like one of those places I'd need it most. Crazy would leave it in the car.

Seems like one of those places I'd need it most. Crazy would leave it in the car.

Yea, dontcha just hate it when school shootings happen at your school? Reminds me of all those plane crashes I've been in.

:outtahere: :yay:

School shootings never happen that's why we need more laws? Make up your mind.

Why are you going to school at 38 years old?

No, but a google search can yield surprising results. You seem to piss a lot of people off. Troll

And that's just one screen name. Pissing people off doesn't = troll though. I do it in person too.

Edited by HyperU2

I was off playing ArmA2 for a bit when, in a flash of light and thunder, I heard the word "TROLL" being thrown about on the internet. Now that would not be wholly unusual except that the screams of the banned was coming from right here, on the BIS forums.

I thought "Nawww, nobody trolls on the BIS forums! That's impossible!" but whaddya know, we're getting into a regular flame fest here.

I'm not sure if you guys can hold a civilized discussion for 5 seconds, but I'll give you a couple minutes to think about that while I consider using my brand new padlocking ability.