Sign in to follow this  
crawl55

AI not moving to TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint

I have created an empty onject, that is the mh60. Then I created a pilot and put "pilot assignasdriver mh60" and "pilot moveindriver mh60".

It takes off and flys the route, but when it comes to the waypoint TRANSPORT UNLOAD, it stays about 100m back and hovers. It will not move forward and drop off the passangers, or complete its route.

If I use a generic helicopter, with the pilot already in the helicopter, i.e. Objects, bluefor, air, mh60...it works fine..

Am I missing something? Please help, this is limiting my ability to spawn random aircraft, or use the 3d mission editor.

Thanks in advance!!!

You need to place an invisible H object to make it land, and you should synchronize the TRANSPORT UNLOAD waypoint with a GET OUT waypoint for your cargo.

I find an Unload waypoint works for me better than the Transport Unload with aircraft, I then put a getout command for each unit in cargo in the on activation box of the Unload waypoint. Just to make sure they get their asses out.

well, the problem is that the helicopter dosent even move to the waypoint to unload the troops, it just sits at a high hover...its weird!

like kylania said place a Object called Invisable H on the map where you want the heli to land and in theory it should land, and do the other way point stuff as well, and you should be golden

If you just spawned the helicopter, how does it have passengers?

Try to make sense of this, my wording may be a little confusing. I have had problems with this more when adding the pilot like you did. Picking a chopper with blufor instead of empty helps. Or create a waypoint for the pilot to get in. I don't know why, but that helps. I think without a load command it may not know that you are in a vehicle that can unload.It doesn't make sense but I have tried it before with land vehicles and changing that, and nothing else, fixed my problem.

For your chopper, even as it is already , put invisible H, then you need to create a waypoint for your passengers to "get out" and sync the getout with the transport unload. and you may want to set the completion area on the get out to be pretty big to cover where the chopper may land. It doesn't always land on the spot perfectly. You might want to put a load waypoint for both units if you still have problems at this point, and sync them together.

That should do it. but now you might have more problems. The chopper will touch down and once the leader gets out, the chopper will take off again, or hover really low while the other guys get out, falling to their deaths. So you might need to make him wait at the waypoint for while. or even make the pilot get out and get back in.

This is a response to the original post, where a helicopter was created "Empty" and a Pilot was placed in the helicopter using the "moveInDriver" script. It is recommended that you name the "Empty" helicopter and the Pilot, for waypoint reference. The AI acts differently when a unit is placed in a "Empty" vehicle as a Driver. It is important to name the Group of soldiers (passengers) that will be getting out of the helicopter.

Getting a Group of soldiers to leave the vehicle/Helicopter, as it hovers low to the ground or lands.

a. Create a Trigger and in the ON ACT. (On Activation) field input this:

{_x leaveVehicle vehiclename} forEach units groupname;

b. Synchronize the Trigger with the Lead Unit/Pilot (NOT THE VEHICLE/HELICOPTER).

c. Create a Waypoint Type for the Group of soldiers (passengers). Waypoint Type "Unload" or "Get Out"

d. Create a Waypoint Type for the Helicpoter. Waypoint Type "Move" **DO NOT USE "Transport Unload"**

d. Place the Waypoints within the Trigger.

e. Make subsequent waypoints for Helicopter to fly away.

The Helicopter will fly over the trigger, turn around, land or hover and the group of soldiers will actually get out.

I have tested this repeatedly. Using the Waypoint Type "Transport Unload" confuses the AI and causes the Helicopter to hover endlessly.

Yes, I know this is an OLD post. I was toying with ARMA2, creating missions and found this out.