Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

It must be

1) altitude and speed

Enemy bases are too far away to spawn anything at the start of the mission ie more than WICT_scandist = 3000; so cant be AA.

Sometimes they works fine so doubt its anything to do with the pilots.

Gonna check the dedi now ! Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Still not working on dedi. Im getting 2010/08/18, 16:43:57 Server error: Player without identity Kremator (id 2143839188) - anyone know what that means?

Regarding the aircraft - it could also be that they are being spawned without pilots ... I have seen that before.

Edited by Kremator

If they work ok than it is not the pilot -- I had problems with turrets and seats, though not drivers and gunners etc.

Probably it is conflict between starting speed and following waypoints so they get into stall speed and crash.

Fingers crossed Kremator....

I can confirm its running OK on our dedicated Arrowhead server.

I need to play with the settings a little though and set up the bases correctly.

@Kremator are you using just Arma2, just Arrowhead or joint ops?

Have you set up the F2 stuff correctly?

Hey Telson,

It is a dedi Combined Ops server.

I haven't touched the settings from the WICT.utes mission so I haven't gone into the F2 stuff. Any help you can provide would be great mate.

I just want to add that WICT shouldn't depend on running A2, OA or CO.

IMO that thing considers only spawning process, but not the core files.

As I told you Telson_VBAU if you are skilled enough you can provide [how to]. I don't know much about setting server. All I know is that whole WICT works only if isServer, and you just confirmed that spawning process works fine.

You should also consider making a thread with that mission. It would be really nice to have first working COOP with WICT. It would be my honor to see that.

Edited by ArmAIIholic
shouldn't depend on running

Does the first line of every file in the Usersettings begin with "if (isServer) then"

as it should be from latest update.

The fact its saying "Player without identity Kremator" is making me think its F2 framework not WICT.

Have all the playable units got a name?

Yes, all files in UserSettings begin with isServer, to avoid multiple spawning - spawning take place only on the server.

Playable units don't have a name.... Maybe that is the problem.

Since Kremator is successfully using other module on Dedi, maybe that is my mistake since I didn't put the names...

Telson_VBAU does your playable units all have a name?

Yes they all have names for Norrins Revive to work properly.

I will shortly release a Template for Operation Arrowhead stand alone.

Thank you, I was going to make one for my mission, but now I don't have too. :)

2) I tried to avoid that and I will try again :)

b) I can write you a script that will:

• check from time to time number of units
  • if it's below x then
  • spawn some more (for example random from the pool, I think it is good)
  • and join them silenthly to player

Yes, now I understand the problem. Yor solution on the other hand is waaay cooler than my idea. If you could do such, it would be fantastic.

Do you want that? Just send me:

1. adding fixed or one-by-one?
  2. random choice or not?
  3. when to add?

1. see 3

2. random, sure: hey this stuff is about randomness, isn't it? :)

3. when to add? random timed checks? Like every 5-10 minutes it checks your group. If some are missing a random number(from 1 to missing # of units, but averaging to the missing #) of units would be granted, and available at the closest base with wait for me order. Something like this would be great!

BTW: what is the max number of units in my group? If there is a limitation... (You mentioned player+4 as default group if I recall it right)

I am here to help man, ask, what ever idea you have. You see, my module will not "live" if you people don't start making some missions :cool:

And I am also a busy man, but I tried to make some universal tool.

And I do appreaciate your work, mate! :yay:

One more thing about planes crashing: I had the same when I accidentally used the files of v2.2 and the addon-pbo of v2.1 (I forgot to activate the new one)

This info may give some clues, but probably not... :)

Edited by zapat

Thanks I had so much fun with this last night just with the demo:). Now I need to learn how to use this great Mod.

---

standalone UserSettings (or template) for OA would be fantastic. You can post it here and I will put it on the first page, or you can make a new thread, it is up to you.

---

ok, I have enough data, so I will try to make such thing.

--EDIT--

I have even better solution than spawning at the nearest base -- paratrooping at your position ?! :D :cool:

I think that number of units is 20 -- 10 units from F1-F10, 2x for F11 and F12.....

---

I am glad you like it

Edited by ArmAIIholic

ok, I have enough data, so I will try to make such thing.

--EDIT--

I have even better solution than spawning at the nearest base -- paratrooping at your position ?! :D :cool:

I think that number of units is 20 -- 10 units from F1-F10, 2x for F11 and F12.....

Paratrooping seems cool... :)

Won't it be too hot for them at my position? Nearest base is a bit safer, but after all this is war. :D

Aaand what about an option: when reinforcements are available, they are only available, not coming automatic. Via radio you could choose the moment when to come, and you could have two options: paratroop to leader, paratroop to nearest allied base. It doesn't complicate the thing to much I think, but this is your table, any way they come I'll be happy. :)

1) Won't it be too hot for them at my position?

2) Via radio you could choose the moment when to come, and you could have two options: paratroop to leader, paratroop to nearest allied base. It doesn't complicate the thing to much I think, but this is your table

1) well they can keep coming :) I was thinking about simple system, check 5-10 sec, spawn 1 until group is full, so one-by-one, some of them will survive...

2) module is my table... and this is your mission, but I am glad to help. anything beyond dynamic battlefileds is not my area of work right now. there are excellent mods for artillery, medevac etc. my job right know is to make this mode work perfectly for any type of game dynamic SP, COOP or PvP. i want to keep it clean and not to add features someone else already made. at least not for now if they are not strongly connected to this module (like Binesi's scripts)

however I am willing to help you with the mission with some snippets, since your contribution to wict is great. it means a lot to me

IMHO re-spawning companions could fit the module as well, as I've been having this problem since demo mission. :) Everything spawns and spawns, I am the only one left alone in the battlefield. :292:

Nice one mate.....thanks !

Still not having any luck with my dedi server.

Edited by Kremator

I really like this mod, many thanks. Also looking forward to Arrowhead template, do you think it will be ready today Thanks

youtube video should now be available for all countries -- just play it from beginning, it seams that if you rewind it, it changes the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9hq-S1Zu8

This is for all of you for inspiration :yay:

Kremator I will continue to look for the solution.

Telson_VBAU thanx, I am waiting the template.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

youtube video should now be available for all countries -- just play it from beginning, it seams that if you rewind it, it changes the track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A9hq-S1Zu8

This is for all of you for inspiration :yay:

Kremator I will continue to look for the solution.

Telson_VBAU thanx, I am waiting the template.

thanks for the vid mate ;)

Looking forward to the update.

Is this compatible with other Mods?

As far as I know/experienced, yes. I used it with my "full pack" that contains: vftcas, ACE, GL4, SLX(lite), mma, zeus, warfx, jtd stuff, and sound mods.

As far as I know/experienced, yes. I used it with my "full pack" that contains: vftcas, ACE, GL4, SLX(lite), mma, zeus, warfx, jtd stuff, and sound mods.

Wow that's nice :D Why didn't you say so? I will put that in manual. There were some minor compatibility issues reported before, but it seams nothing significant or replicate-able.

P.S. I am working on speeding up the script, making it run more smooth and adding displacement for aircrafts and reinforcements option, just for the record.

Why didn't you say so?

Well, it hasn't been a question so far. :)

BTW, I have a new one: there is a small area, where West can spawn, but East cannot, so a bigger army builds up. When you move forward, you get to the circle of the next East base, so East starts to spawn as well. (This is intentional)

What if player stays in that area for too long, and West army fills all available numAIg? Can East spawn anything, or it has to wait for some West to die, which won't happen without enemy...