Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

WICT trailer / demo

5z4I9VhmVUI

I am looking for talented and creative people / enthusiasts to make new WICT trailer or in-game videos (gamers playing any mission with WICT)!

hi ! First i just want to thank you this mod for arma 2 its just great but i have a problem. i did everything like it in the manual but i always get some errors in my mission the is no bases and no enemy spawns. can u help me?:(

@rtka1234

I cannot help you without more details about what you did....

However, there is better way to learn WICT --- just take demo mission or a template and tweak it a little bit -- trial and error -- learning by example...

Or write me a PM what you did.

I keep getting post here, on Armaholic and on youtube how people cannot make a mission with WICT --- I made two full sandbox missions and also can say that zapat is now equally good as I am with WICT.

Neither do I nor zapat (or other users testing WICT) found such difficulties and bugs...

------------------------------------

@jonneymendoza no, this is not RTS and it is clearly stated here what is WICT... http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/What_is_WICT :cool:

The WICT: World in Conflict Tool is set of scripts for ArmAII for infinitely creating dynamic battlefronts and ultimate free roaming experience.

This mod is for POPULATING world / map with units and making free-roam missions.

Please visit WICT's website.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

well i made a mission from the demo mission for takistan and tweaked a bit nothing special just few more base bigger playing area so i played and it seems it working so im currently happy....:bounce3:

anyway thanks the quick respond i will looking for more info:)

well i made a mission from the demo mission for takistan and tweaked a bit nothing special just few more base bigger playing area so i played and it seems it working so im currently happy....

That is the proper way :D Use THE FORCE, Luke, use the Force!!! :cool:

I hope we will see some of your missions soon.

Let me know about your progress.

Till then, here is the video I found :) I like it very much, makes me laugh every time I look it.

R55e-uHQna0

hehe good one cool :bounce3:

anyway how can i disable the debug mode?

A2H: I am sorry to say this, but this new removebody method really f***ed up performance..

A pretty complicated script is running in like 50 copies in a normal battle...

Have someone else been experiencing the same for later WICT builds?

Yes, that script is running in the background, but it is a small script (2 KB)... Do you think we should pre-compile it?

Or we could just return eventHandler, but it would be running (again) for every soldier, not for a group...

Those are only solutions I can think off.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

well, it needs to load every time, which means HDD activity, which is never good.

WICT has always been performing extremely well, but it lags a lot now. Commenting out removebody calls in masterclassspawn brings the usual performance back...

I guess that eventhandlers with a simple wait and delete command are more efficient than execVM a script consisting couple of conditions, and checks in 50 copies. This is of course theory, I'll investigate further. I need to with my E8200. :D

Any reports on performance for others maybe?

Any reports on performance for others maybe?

well i havent got any performance issue but i did so far some basic things :)

Still learning this awesome tool :bounce3:

I dont know if this question has been answered, but is there any way to stop the automatic supply drop and reinforcements from happening? I've looked through your tutorials but I can't find a solution.

Thanks in advance.

is there any way to stop the automatic supply drop and reinforcements from happening?

WICT_data\load\loader.sqf is loading such stuff.

I'm really loving this tool, thanks ArmAIIholic. Anyways I'm working on a mission, CDF vs Russia with the player as Russia. I'm running ACE and using a combination of murk's spawn and upsmon for the defensive forces guarding the bases and it's working great. But I've got a few problems. I'm running the latest version everything.

First, is the CDF vs. Russia startsettings. All the other ones I've tried have worked but not the CDF vs Russia one. I've tried switching all the Blufor units in the startsettings and it works, so there has to be some misplaced quotation marks or something for the CDF units. Has anyone gotten this to work?

Second, since the player is Opfor, can I just switch the displayed capture message so it's correct or do I have to do more than that?

Third, I need a good script to clear units at a certain distance from the player to save performance. The spawned defensive forces need to disappear when the player leaves the area. I figure this would be a good place to ask since the people here have experience with dynamic environments.

Thanks in advance. :D

@ Zivo

1) Did you try working with some SQF editor or with Notepad++ ? According to Shad0wCatcher those templates work, all of them...

2) To change a message go to : \WICT_data\captureMessage.sqf and change it.

3) You don't need to clear the areas, even if you spawn additional units. Let me explain :

for example you set the limit on 120 groups, and you spawn 20 groups more. WICT will spawn until 120 groups, but it doesn't stop you from adding more even after that. WICT will wait until some units are far away and it will delete them to free space for more spawns. That is defined in startSettings.sqf in WICT_removeMan and WICT_removeVehicle.

Both 2 and 3 worked.

To note, I'm using WICT 7.0d

I'm using ACE CDF vs Russia start settings.

I went through the CDF units and noticed a few mistakes.

/* Medium and light tanks -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_mtank = [

[["ACE_BMD_1_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"],

[["ACE_BMD_2_CDF""],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"]

];

/* Heavy choppers -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_hchop = [

[["Mi24_D"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"],

[["ACE_Mi24_V_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"],

[["ACE_Mi24_V_FAB250_CDF<missing quotation marks>],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"]

];

/* AT units */

wict_w_at = [

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_RPG<missing quotation marks>,"CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_AR"]

];

Corrected them, and it worked. Here is the corrected CDF unit pool I'm using now.

*/

/* Regular infantry, soldiers, medics, leaders and officers */

wict_w_inf = [

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier"],

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_Medic"],

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Medic"],

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_Strela","CDF_Soldier_Strela","CDF_Soldier_AR"]

];

/* Machinegunners and grenadiers */

wict_w_support = [

["CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG"]

];

/* Snipers */

wict_w_snip = [

["CDF_Soldier_Sniper","CDF_Soldier_Spotter"],

["CDF_Soldier_Sniper","CDF_Soldier_Sniper"]

];

/* Marksmen and spotters (SpecOp) */

wict_w_spec = [

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_Marksman","CDF_Soldier_Marksman","CDF_Soldier_Medic"]

];

/* AT units */

wict_w_at = [

["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_AR"]

];

/* Jeeps and light vehicles -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_lightveh = [

[["UAZ_AGS30_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"],

[["UAZ_MG_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"],

[["Ural_ZU23_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"],

[["BRDM2_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"],

[["BRDM2_ATGM_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"],

[["ACE_UAZ_SPG9_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"],

[["ACE_BRDM2_SA9_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"]

];

/* Transport -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_trans = [

[["Ural_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_GL","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_GL","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_Medic"],

[["Mi17_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_GL","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_GL","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_Medic"],

[["UAZ_CDF","UAZ_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Strela","CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_MG","CDF_Soldier_Strela","CDF_Soldier_Engineer"],

[["UAZ_CDF","UAZ_MG_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Strela","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier"]

];

/* Infantry fighting vehicles -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_ifv = [

[["BMP2_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Strela"],

[["ACE_BTR70_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_AR","CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier","CDF_Soldier_Medic","CDF_Soldier_Engineer","CDF_Soldier_Strela"]

];

wict_w_mtank = [

[["ACE_BMD_1_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"],

[["ACE_BMD_2_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"]

];

/* Heavy tanks -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_htank = [

[["ZSU_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"],

[["T72_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"],

[["ACE_T72B_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew","CDF_Soldier_Crew"]

];

/* Medium and light choppers -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_mchop = [

[["Mi17_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"]

];

/* Heavy choppers -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_hchop = [

[["Mi24_D"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"],

[["ACE_Mi24_V_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"],

[["ACE_Mi24_V_FAB250_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot","CDF_Soldier_Pilot"]

];

/* Airplanes -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_air = [

[["SU25_CDF"],"CDF_Soldier_Pilot"]

];

/*

Also noticed this under the Russian units

wict_w_mtank = [

[["BMP3"],"RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew"],

[["ACE_BMP2_RU"],"RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew"],

[["ACE_BMP2D_RU"],"RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew","RU_Soldier_Crew"]

];

That should be an "e" right? Not sure how important this is.

Yes, Zivo, many thanx for your corrections. I will make a new update, as soon as I return in my country (in about 20 days :( ). But it will be updated!

No problem, happy to help.

It would be very cool if upsmon's fortify script, ultimate spawn, and WICT had easier integration so the bases are a really tough nut to crack. There's always 8.0! :respekt:

psvialli promised me that he will do tutorial about using upsmon and wict together, so we will see what will come out of that

Hi ArmaIIholic,

I use your "ultimate tasking", I really like this script ;) .

But I have a trouble with this script:

When a player jip join the mission, he can't see the mission.

My mission is randomly selected in a list of of mission then the script for the mission selected is launch and for each there are a briefing note.

Any possibility to rectify the problem.

Aze

Is there any place I can download WICT ACE2 missions for OA islands? I can only find Co-55 Hornets Nest for A2 Chernarus...

((I have A2:CO 1.59 but like playing OA islands more :P ))

I've just recently begun exploring WICT and find it quite fascinating. Unfortunately all the available documentation is fairly ambiguous and not easy at all to follow. However, I have been making some progress with experimentation.

A quick question:

How do I disable the airdrop that happens right in the beginning?

I'm trying to setup a single player "lone wolf" type scenario where I'm in the middle of a war. Having a bunch of troops and vehicles get air dropped on top of me and into my team is not at all good for my purposes! What script / line do I need to edit to get rid of it?

Cheers!

bTm

@bTm

Go into WICT_data/load/loader.sqf and delete this

//{}{}{} CALLING SUPPLY DROP AND REINFORCEMENTS AT BEGINNING {}{}{}{}{}

if (isServer) then

{

[nil,nil,rEXECVM,"WICT\sandbox\sandbox_exe.sqf","WICT\support\","supplyDrop",10,position player, "C130J",(round(random 360)), 1000, ["USBasicAmmunitionBox","USLaunchersBox","HMMWV","MTVR"],"west",false,"arma",false,2,8,1] call RE;

sleep 5;

[position player, "C130J", (round(random 360)), 1000, ["USMC_Soldier_Medic", "USMC_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_Medic","USMC_Soldier_AT","USMC_SoldierM_Marksman","USMC_Soldier_MG","USMC_Soldier_AA"],false,true] execVM "WICT\support\reinforce.sqf";

};