Into the hills free roam mission for Panthera

Edited by ArmAIIholic

New releases on the first post:

WICT v3.0 and OA template

Into the hills free roam mission for Panthera

Excelent news will check it out later

Edited by Telson_VBAU

This soon?? Great, thanks!!!

It seems to be working perfectly. At least the previous errors are all gone. :)

From next week, I am starting on a new project in real life, so I need to back off from playing a bit.

So I share my first whole mission with you guys.

It is SP, linear and I didn't have enough time to test the later parts with this fully working 3.0, the first half works good though. It has been mainly a test for my ideas if they worked or not. :)

Here it is without any readmes and stuff, if you are interested: http://www.mediafire.com/?1ftruw6eqdda1uh (it has a full briefing though for creating atmosphere:) )

I have another, large scale, freeroam mission in the works, sooner or later I will finish it I hope. :)

Edited by zapat

zapat Thank you for sharing I was hoping someone would show us a mission as I was trying to learn how to put my own mission together.:bounce3:

The demo showed me a lot but I had a few question which your mission might answer.

ArmaIIholic Thank you as well you got me interested how to create and learn how missions work.:)

I am sharing the source as well then: there are some not too nice solutions in there, so it is not a piece of art, you can play with it though.

The brifefing section is the only thing "copyrighted". :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?1h79hqkhkjx7q7b

Ok zapat. I will take a look and I will modify it if necessary, then post it as your mission, is it ok? Thanx for source.

--EDIT--

EXCELLENT WORK ZAPAT you really have feeling for action. I will make a COOP from this, add Norrin's revive script and more players. Cheers

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Getting WICT\BIN\AIzTaskdefend.sqf not found on dedi server. WICT then doesn't run.

Getting WICT\BIN\AIzTaskdefend.sqf not found on dedi server. WICT then doesn't run.

What are you running? New download -- fresh v3.0 or some combination? I didn't have any problems with my runs and also there is no such file BIN\AIzTaskdefend.sqf.

--EDIT--

If you are using some combination or you didn't updated all files and made necessary changes I cannot guarantee that it will work. I had to change some important parts so that why there is a huge jump in the versions from v2.32 to v3.0.

However AI part was running before on Dedi and I didn't change that. More info will be appreciated.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

New version

WICT v3.2

updated Into the hills

added The Road to the Altar by zapat

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Just wanted to say A2H that I put the newest version of WICT.utes onto my dedi and it was FLAWLESS without me doing any tweaking!

Good job mate !

Just wanted to say A2H that I put the newest version of WICT.utes onto my dedi and it was FLAWLESS without me doing any tweaking!

Good job mate !

Thanx for testing and informing Kremator, really great news.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Thanks A2H for finishing my mission, and spent time releasing it...

Last night I played with your mission: it is great with unique approach! It is real sandbox and it requires some more hours to finish it!

I love these missions you both have made. I really like the one by A2H. Just wondered if you plan on making something like this for chernarus or takistan?

I seem to have a lot of issues with the map panthera, shadows, textures etc.

btw apart from those issues they both run really well :)

Edited by LockJaw-65-

1) Just wondered if you plan on making something like this for chernarus or takistan?

2) I seem to have a lot of issues with the map panthera, shadows, textures etc.

btw apart from those issues they both run really well :)

1) Probably, thinking about Chernarus, but I might switch to Takistan as well.

2) I really didn't pay attention. I was focused on gameplay, but still I didn't have problems with new version of Panthera, contrary I thought it is gorgeous, jungle, mountains, desert... Buildings are little low textured, but it is ok.

Thanx for replying

One of the most notable problems that I have is the building shadows follow you around, I know it sounds weird, I dont know if its a problem on my pc end or something else but I am upgradeing my Graphics card in the next few weeks so I will see If I got same problem then ;)

I'm back from my 2-week-holiday with my family, was very fun - and here I see fun's going on, too : having just updated to 3.2 ... thx A2H ! ... I have looked over your pdf-manual and - hey, I smiled about quoting my comment into "what is wict"-section :)

Thanx langgis08, your comment is brilliant, how could I leave it out. It just had to be there.

I added new base configurator which is now online:

WICT base config

Katipo66 told me it is still difficult to make bases, so I making it a little bit easier.

Since I don't know how to make ArmA-based editor this is best solution.

I don't know whether it has been mentioned before, but I've got a bug/problem with your "ordering new units for the player when there are less than x ai-soldiers alive":

Was it meant to be that you (as a player) aren't able to switch into "respawned" (newly ordered) ai-soldiers? Thus, in singleplayer, the game is over after the player and his first group of ai-soliders are killed - even if there are still other ai-soliders (who were ordered after the game had been started) alive.

Edited by Velocity

hmm yes, I should have put that them as switchable :o

it is not a bug :o

it is a flaw...

in the template I will add command addSwitchableUnit forEach unit of that new group _Wg

thanx man

Will WICT work on mods or just native Arma II and OA?

It works great with mods!

I am thinking about creating a zombie mission using WICT. I was inspired by that little note in the StartSettings file. :D

Thoughts? Slow zombies or fast zombies?

Edited by bobtom