Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Aye it is. Success is due to your PM to A2H !

Once I unhooked the logics from the functions manager, then placed them back into mission.sqm it was fine.

My problem now is that they are spawning too fast and close .. but I can live with that for a bit :)

WICT v2.32 template for Takistan for Operation Arrowhead by Telson_VBAU -- download on the first page :yay:

Manual is also updated with new info about setting up missions.

Thank you all people, now this is one hell of the module.

In the past several months I really enjoyed working with you and I am glad that this is the first module that makes possible full sandboxization of ArmA - not just random spawning and placing some spawn zones and centers, but true warfare with objectives and more important live breathing world that will fight all the time to take bases and resources.

Now it is up to you, to use this extremely easy tool, there is 50 pages in the manual, but not to complicate thing, more to give you a clue what can you do with this tool and how to do it right.

I will take a little break from scripting, but I will be here to answer questions.

After the break I might design some missions.

Best regards,

ArmAIIholic

Edited by ArmAIIholic

My problem now is that they are spawning too fast and close .. but I can live with that for a bit :)

Its just a matter of playing with the WICT_sd setting to stop them spawning to close.

Also alter the init in auto_start logic to set them to spawn later.

hmm, strange.

it says WICT 2.2 initialized. I only have 2.32 on my machine.

And nothing spawns.

Edited by zapat

---

2.32 is the latest version.

message about 2.2 is a mistake from version 2.3 --- therefore you have either 2.2 or 2.3.

but v2.32 has that part corrected. download again and set up the module, then test it. If there is still a problem let me know, maybe I did upload something else...

If there is problem with spawning (particularly) on Dedi (but you can do it anyway) ungroup all GameLogics from functions' module. And be sure that you updated all files == install fresh WICT.utes and test it.

As I said:

-- changed spawning position in templates e.g.

a) all (getMarkerPos "WICT_spawnLocation") are replaced with WICT_spwnPos

b) also now it is _groundloc = WICT_spwnPos;

Did you change the templates, so that they match v2.32 ?? If you don't know how to do it, zip your mission and send me, I will fix it and send you back. Use rapidshare, filebeam or any other service. Send me PM, don't post it here.

-----------------------------------------------------

I am thinking about making a free roam mission for Panthera island. If anybody has ideas please PM me.

Here is the map:

http://icebreakr.com/islands/panthera/panthera_map.jpg

Edited by ArmAIIholic

I am sorry for inconvenience.

The wrong version was uploaded as v2.32. Thank you zapat. Re-uploaded and mistake hopefully corrected.

--EDIT--

I re-packed and re-uploaded it and it says 126 504 bytes, August 22 2010.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

As reference: right now I have a 126 504 size, 10.08.20 17:13 dated pbo as v2.32. Both full and light

--Edit--

Confirming: 126 504 bytes, August 22 2010. pbo is 2.32, and working

Edited by zapat

Anyone using my template for Takistan there is a problem in the E-inf/1.sqf file.

There is one too many soldiers spawning which always leaves one poor bugger outside the ifv and walking along side.

You will need to remove these next 2 lines from the 1.sqf file

_Unit6 = _Eg createUnit ["TK_Soldier_AT_EP1", _groundloc, [], 0,"FORM"];

on line 17

And

_nul = _Unit6 moveInCargo _vehicle;

on line 32.

You mean E-ifv/1.sqf file --- M113_TK_EP1???

--EDIT--

:D the three of us are working pretty well :D

and we are fast

I re-uploaded the Takistan template :)

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Yes sorry it the E-ifv/1.sqf file

The M113_TK only holds 5 troops lol

So the 6th was always outside

Edited by Telson_VBAU

A free roam mission on panthera would be a lot of fun, but personally I would prefer it on icebreaker's other map duala. This is because of its preplaced bunkers and other military defenses all over the map.

If it is on panthera an infantry centric mission would be tons of fun! Through the trees and in the narrow valleys.

That is my 2 cents, but its up to you of course! Good luck!

Why not make it a template mission that can be exported to EVERY island :)

The templates will work on any island it only depends on the version of Arma you are running.

I.E. what troops are spawned.

If you have ArmaII or Combined Ops use the Utes template

If you have Arrowhead only use my template.

Just copy and past the files to the mission folder and merge the template with your mission on what ever island you are using.

Then move the bases to where you want them.

---

Well that is the right method, and you are right, it works on every island.

The first file - basic aka. the base on which you build - must be for an island you want to make and the second one that is merging with first has to be template.

I wasn't "lying" when I said easiest settings you've ever made :cool:

But I want to make a story for Pathera, make objectives, and to add some artillery, support, scripted parts etc. To place special bases, not auto set bases. To add some other modules.

It is not big job, but I won't have time this week.

And yes bobtom - infantry on Panthera, mission is called "Up the hills", remember ? ;)

Cheers

--EDIT--

I posted your comment on the first page. For Combined Ops you might need to combine spawning templates. I added that remark.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Allright, I debugged some more: Spawning takes place okay, but the units are spawned way outside the map in Chernarus for example. And then, the planes are not coming, but behaving strange: there is a larger group circling around, and sometimes 1 or 2 starts to come in the dir of the player. And then, some starts circling again before it could reach the player. And like 1 out of 10-15 actually gets there sooner or later...

I used ACE's friendly unit icons to trace them.

Yeap, I thought a little bit about 3 messages you sent me. They should circle around the base... I will have to change that, since they are not connected to the battlefront anymore as they should... :( They should be spawned far far away, but I never thought that this tweak will change behavior.

Thanx for debugging.

Again sorry for inconvenience. I am working on the v3.0, so I will put fix there. It might take a while until I release it.....

One correction can be to set displacement for all air units to zero - that will make them circle around bases - friendly or enemy.

Again sorry for inconvenience. I am working on the v3.0, so I will put fix there. It might take a while until I release it.....

One correction can be to set displacement for all air units to zero - that will make them circle around bases - friendly or enemy.

Ha HA Zapat beat me to it was just about to ask where the aircraft had gone lol.

We just alter

_airSpawn = ["west",500] execVM "WICT\extra\airSpawn.sqf";

to

_airSpawn = ["west",0] execVM "WICT\extra\airSpawn.sqf";

Will thatt work for now?

No need to apologise its only a small issue.

Just altered all the instances of _airSpawn = ["west",distance] and _airSpawn = ["east",distance]

To Zero but unfortunately still no aircraft.

Looking forward to testing it out A2H :)

BTW sorted my problem with the other mission ;)

:) hey Kremator I don't know what are you mixing out there and what is your ";)"

why secrets? :butbut:

yes of course WICT can be mixed with any mod, but I am hoping that you are not trying to re-write it (or someone else) ?

if you have some interesting solutions or mixes (like you wrote me in PM) please share with us -- write them here or make a new thread with your mission that will present the WICT and your GM capabilities.

I pls you as a friend...

Hehe mate. God no! I couldn't code my way out of paper bag! WICT is safe in your hands!

What I can do is mix missions together. My current mix doesn't involve WICT but I will make something in the future.