Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

-Used the WICT MP folder.

-Followed the tutorial (1-2-3 steps) on the WICT website

-Made a russian MVD guy as player and called him p_1

Bugs:

Clouds moves really really fast over the skies and time goes crazy fast. This magically dissapeared. I have no Idea of what i did to change it.

"Reinforcements are coming!" and a few C130's drops HMMWV's and US trucks down on my pos, and I get a few AI dudes under my command. I found this under loader.sqf and deleted it.

No matter what, it keeps saying that neither side has no bases, and Ive followed the tutorials.. I give up on this tool, and I guess the owner did too :)

Neither side has no base? Did you edited Wict_Scandist?

About reinforcement. You have to edit classname in loader.sqf

I give up on this tool, and I guess the owner did too :)

No, HE did not... HE is thinking about making a new clean version by the end of the year... If it is not tooo late for you ;)

I am thinking about refining my tool, to make it more simple with a lot of default settings, but to maintain possibilities for programmers...

--EDIT--

And I intend to start with simple things ---- more useful comments and options in my code, I see a lot of you people are still confused with what WICT can and cannot do :) and HOW it does it... :cool:

Edited by ArmAIIholic

I am thinking about refining my tool, to make it more simple with a lot of default settings, but to maintain possibilities for programmers...

Good to hear bro :)

ArmAIIholic .. Where have you been!?

By the way. Welcome back! :D

Latest WICT ingame footage by me.

Combined CDF-USMC forces attempt to retake Elektrozavodsk after the city was captured by Chernarussian Red Army.

d3g62JlyIGI

Enjoy!

I hope this footage will attract more to come and play this mod.

thanx toonpc, those videos look fantastic, I will put links on website when I have time

I have a question. When i started the game the bases spawn all 2-6 seconds Units. But after i play 30-40min the bases need 30-60sec to spawn a unit. How i can change that?

Hi! I'm followed wict some times but now i can't hear a thing about it. I'm hope this mod isn't dead, because i think it's one of the best mods i ever played.

I dreamed of WiC2 with crowded servers. That game is so totally awesome, i have to check this mod. Is anybody still playing WiC? I'd like to play again

I dreamed of WiC2 with crowded servers. That game is so totally awesome, i have to check this mod. Is anybody still playing WiC? I'd like to play again

Last time I played with you:

"SUPPORT!!! WHAT THE F*** ARE YOU DOING?"

"OMG ARMOR, LEARN HOW TO DEPLOY SMOKE"

hahahaha

I found WICT yesterday. Great idea.

I wanna play on the Fallujah map. I created some new bases but the Units are just guarding the first base they are not trying to conquer some new bases.

What is my mistake. :confused: Is there something more I have to configurate? Thx

Edited by Bloodpainter

I've really enjoying try to get this to work, Nice to get some experience with editing all the config and stuff. (no sarcasm intended), but I'm having troubles getting to work on the mission I made.

I'm sure there's probably a silly mistake i made somewhere, because my forces won't spawn by their bases but the other forces spawn which is a bit weird, they also spawn right outside my bases and not their own. I've done the configurations and stuff. But still can't work out what's wrong.

How do I fix the fact that time is moving really fast in a WICT mission.

Great tool even though Im not that good in scripting. This looks promising and I want to use it in the future.

One question for a start. I see there are templates made with E vs W, and I see scripts for setting up East and West, but seems like independents are missing. Since most of my missions are Ind vs East how do I go with this? Or is East - West just used as designation for opposite sides here?

Pozz ;)

edit:

How do I fix the fact that time is moving really fast in a WICT mission.

//{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} TIME SHIFT {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
//If you don't want to use it put comment marks in front
_null = [30,1,1] execVM "WICT\timeShift.sqf";

^ Might of been that try disabling it

Edited by _MaSSive

Hope I'm not out of line bumping up this thread, but I'm stuck.

I used the tool perfectly one time for a test run, but I've been working on another mission of Russia (player) vs CDF (AI). I set up everything the exact same way but NO units spawn anywhere even though I've scattered bases all over the map. Also, I never see the dialog box in the upper right stating the total number of groups. Did everything according to the video, and nothing is happening. Is it because I'm trying to play as OPFOR?

Second question: is there a way to raise the air drop altitudes? Everybody dies during the initial drop because the chutes don't have time to deploy.

@Bloodpainter

You might have the bases too far apart. If that's the case either change the WICT_sd to a higher value or put your markers closer together. If you change your WICT_sd make sure to change the WICT_scandist to an equal or higher number than the total value of your WICT_sd + WICT_sdRand. Also check if there's two bases active with debug mode on. It should give you "west_base: yourbase_1, east_base: yourbase_2" etc.

@keyers

Make sure your starting position isn't too close to any bases. I don't know the exact distance but as long as you're at least as far away as the WICT_sd variable in your "startsettings.sqf" it should work.

EDIT: (I misread your post)

You might have to try increasing the WICT_sd in the startsettings.cfg. See above. The units don't necessarily spawn right on top of bases in WICT. It's more about scanning 360° around the player and putting them in logical places between the player and the bases.

@kirkherbstreit

There's an error in the default start settings for all CDF configs:

/* AT units */
wict_w_at = [
["CDF_Soldier_TL","CDF_Soldier_RPG,"CDF_Soldier_RPG","CDF_Soldier_AR"]
];

Open your start settings and add a quotation mark at the end of "CDF_Soldier_RPG" and it should work fine. If you're using the ACE start settings you'll have to just copy the ACE Russia config over the Russia config in the non-ACE startsettings.sqf.

Edited by Clarkey1