Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

@Cool=Azroul13 I am not sure what you are trying to do, but any script that is giving a task to a player must wait for a player. You can take a look the loader.sqf.

You must have these lines when running any script :

//{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{} GIVING TASK AT BEGINNING {}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}{}
// Dedicated server doesn't have a player, ever!
if (!isDedicated) then 
{
// make sure player object exists i.e. not JIP
waitUntil {!isNull player};
waitUntil {player == player};

sleep 3;

[nil,nil,rEXECVM,"WICT\sandbox\sandbox_exe.sqf","WICT\sandbox\","taskCreator","Airport base","mixedBase_1","yes","Primary: capture enemy base!","Intel: <br/>Capture the enemy base at the airport.<br/><br/>Background info:<br/>put some text here -- use Briefing manager to easily write the text and of course Word Wrap in your text editor :) be creative :D","yes","all"] call RE;
};

that need to wait for a player to join.

@bTm --- Zivo has answered you.

@FelixK44 Unfortunately no... as far as I know. You have templates in WICT and you can easily make any warfare mission you want.

I started this thread about a mission featuring WICT that I've been working on:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119482

I've only recently learned how to properly use local variables so I'm rewriting it. I get a big kick out of saying "Now I know what _THIS is!"

WICT and RUG Inventory form the core of the mission environment and the possibilities seem endless. There are a bunch of other scripts and addons also being used; they're detailed in the thread.

Also I'd like to say: I plopped a whole bunch of bases down on the Chernarus map, set the spawn distance to 100 meters (I think, it's a low number), spawn in as a civilian and climb the nearest comm tower, then watch the battles rather than TV while eating dinner. And people say there's never anything good on :p

I love this tool set.

I am having a small problem, it deletes named vehicles when they are barely damaged. So, it takes away the resources I am giving to the player and leaves them stranded.

Is there a way to prevent the cleaning script from taking away specific vehicles?

Also, Is there a way to stop choppers from capturing the flags?

Edited by firemane

After some months of ArmAbstinence I came back to find version 7 of this great script. I´m trying to get into it but so many things have changed since 5...

This is by no means meant to be a flame post or anything but you really have to overwork your tutorial on your homepage. The text is hard to understand because you use special terminology in every sentence like :

Auto Flag = declaring base types

So, for example, you will put :

_null = ["mixedBase",30,[1,2,5]] execVM "WICT\autoFlag.sqf"; In this case triggers will be created around ALL MARKERS with mixedBase in the name -- that BASE TYPE WILL BE DECLARED !!!!!!

Do not forget to put separate lines for all BASE TYPES that NEED SIMPLE FLAG TRIGGERS and DECLARING !!!

THESE ARE SIMPLE FLAGS = when base is captured ONLY ONE MARKER is captured at the time.

"Autoflag = declaring Base Types" - thats a perfect example on how not to use a "=" because Autoflag is a function within the script set and it requires declaring base types but does not equal it.

Furthermore:

Whats a Base Type?

Whats a Simple Flag Trigger?

Are there other Base types that dont need such Simple Flag Triggers?

And where or what needs to be declared exactly?

This was just one excerpt from the "Flag" section of your online tutorial.

You must keep in mind that if someone is not familiar with that vocabulary it is pretty easy to loose track of what you are refering to.

Also keep your demo mission clear from unnecessary things. I can´t decipher wether the SU-25, the mission objective triggers and the reinforcement trigger are all necessary or not. All this stuff makes it very complicated for a newbie to understand what of this stuff is actually mandatory to use in his own mission and what is not.

As I said before I want to give you some constructive critisicm to make your awesome work more user-friendly and easy to start with :)

EDIT: By the way how do you disable the Supply Dropping at map start?

EDIT2: Got it thanks to google search and I had to realize in awe... just one page before this one *g* (post no. 750)

Anyway played around with WICT a lot now and guess I got into it again. Theres still a thing bothering me. I´ve uploaded an image to illustrate what I´m talking about:

wictproblem.th.jpg

The problem as you can see is, that if there is a friendly base inbetween your position and an enemy base (plus inside the legal limits of the spawning scripts), it can result in enemy spawning very close to the friendly base and behind friendly forces.

I just have to ask if I didn´t overlook something, but is there really no value that regulates spawning inside a certain zone around the base of origin?

If there isn´t it would be quite useful to implement one so that we could regulate how far away from the spawning base, units are allowed to spawn. :)

EDIT3: I found a bug regarding the T34. According to the unit pool in "startsettings.sqf" the T34 can spawn on both sides with either BLUFOR or OPFOR crew. When it spawns on BLUFOR side it is still regared as if it where an OPFOR vehicle thus resulting in OPFOR taking control over the nearest flag where the tank spawned and furthermore being attacked by friendly units from the same side (BLUFOR).

EDIT4: Found the bug. It is in the "startsettings.sqf"

/* Medium and light tanks -- the first element is ARRAY with vehicle(s) */

wict_w_mtank = [

[["T34"],"RU_Commander","RU_Soldier_Officer","RU_Soldier"]

];

It should say "e" instead of "w" ;)

EDIT5: I´ve encountered some odd behaviour with far away units:

/* Let's remove some "far, far away" units (in meters) */

WICT_removeMan = 2100;

/* Let's remove some "far, far away" vehicles (in meters) */

WICT_removeVehicle = 2100;

/* Remove body (in seconds) */

WICT_removeBody = 600;

These are my settings but being even roughly about 5km away units don´t forcefully despawn. In my case that leads to a point where BLUFOR occupies about 70% of all available spawn group places which in return causes a great inbalance between BLUFOR - OPFOR.

The funny thing is, the despawn script for damaged vehicles works a bit TOO forcefully. When the car I´m driving is getting some damage it will despawn regardless of wether im still in it or not *g*

Edited by MoS

hey ArmAIIholic its been a looooooooooonnnnnnnnng time.

ive just recently updadeed from my v4 wic tools to the latest version and im completely lost.

ive followed the 1-2-3 setup page and all it seems to do is drop cargo and leave me alone.

do you still have to write up bases. (im still confused about that in this version)

or is there a feature yet that just spawns randomly around you without the need for bases?

MoS that is one great and loooong comment and I am truly happy to receive it.

However I am not active scripter anymore. Nevertheless I will read your comment again carefully and see what I can do. At least I can make a reply and give some advice to anyone else willing to continue this work.

I will turn myself toward more complicated problems, especially in MatLab and Python and work on AI. I hit the wall with my concept, actually all problems come from lack of good GUI and I just don't have time to make it.

WICT would be much more easier to understand and setup with decent GUI....... :(

That's what she needs, unfortunately it has become quite complex to setup, which defeats it's original concept of being easy?

Are the 4 missions on the front page the only publicly released missions that use WICT?

0_o Just found this from Dev Heaven projects. I'm going to replace MSOs enemy spawn with this... The possibilities.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!

hey ArmAIIholic its been a looooooooooonnnnnnnnng time.

ive just recently updadeed from my v4 wic tools to the latest version and im completely lost.

ive followed the 1-2-3 setup page and all it seems to do is drop cargo and leave me alone.

do you still have to write up bases. (im still confused about that in this version)

or is there a feature yet that just spawns randomly around you without the need for bases?

*kicks myself in the nuts*

nvm i saw what i did wrong lol

Edit: after having to relearn how to use it its 20000% easier than verson 3

Edited by dhellfox

That's what she needs, unfortunately it has become quite complex to setup, which defeats it's original concept of being easy?

Not necessarily... Actually it would be quite easy to create engine that would analyze a terrain and put random bases all around the map.

Settings would be:

1) number of base pairs

2) number of classes to use (1-13)

3) spawn and scan distance

Then it would be even easier to start a game.

The problem as you can see is, that if there is a friendly base inbetween your position and an enemy base (plus inside the legal limits of the spawning scripts), it can result in enemy spawning very close to the friendly base and behind friendly forces.

I just have to ask if I didn´t overlook something, but is there really no value that regulates spawning inside a certain zone around the base of origin?

If there isn´t it would be quite useful to implement one so that we could regulate how far away from the spawning base, units are allowed to spawn. :)

Yes, that is maybe a flaw... On the other hand, you can have enemy behind friendly forces which makes battles more interesting. Right now while I am writing this I have ideas how could be done, it would require more calculations however.

I was thinking about rewriting the whole concept, because it was like this : basic concept + improvement + new feature + bug hunt + new feature + bug hunt + etc. etc. etc. = too complicated.... The idea is to make it more automatic, to give it kind of AI that will do everything I have in my head, to go back to original concept, but to retain just one file (or GUI) with simple settings.

The problem is I really don't have time to test it...................

Dont worry about testing A2H ... you know that people like me will step up to help :)

This mod is greatest in my view.it's make me to play ArmA2 than any other FPS games.

Hey armaIIholic i was made a (test) mission in zargabad to see how well it could handel cityfights. With some minor tinkering of you latest version it has turned out into an epic fast paced free roam gun battle.

For the simplicity of the mission design too much fun as a 'quick play' mission to keep to myself.

have you got somewhere i could send it to you to check out for youself?

Put a link up here and we can all have a go at it! Sounds great !

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20549790/street_battle_wict_demos_rar

just follow the readme

minimum requirments:

The complete Arma2 collection (arma2,oa,baf,pmc)

all ACE mods (core and expansions).

ASR ai (optional but highly recomended for maximum enjoyment)

edit: just a reminder these are just editor files not finished products. and i highly recomend the RUS vs USA one (ive spent 5x more effort on that one).

and feel free to chose what you play as :)

last thing for the lols play it in 3rd person

Edited by dhellfox

Oh you had to go and ACE-ify it !

Have you a NON-ACE version?

Cheers

Kremator

Oh you had to go and ACE-ify it !

Have you a NON-ACE version?

Cheers

Kremator

i have to build another from the ground up.

give me a few days, ill make another when i get some spare time.

Thanks mate.

ACE is good and all, but is quite niche and not allowed on all servers.

Having a non-ACE version will be just superb! Thanks in advance.

ACE is good and all, but is quite niche and not allowed on all servers.

Makes me wonder when it is so niche why one half of the OA servers are using it... :)

Xeno

OK so I meant 'not everyones cup of tea'. I drink irish coffee.

To ArmaIIholic ... I've enjoy ArmA2CO so much with your mod. But I got one question.

Can you tell me how removeman and removevehicle work? I feel that it's not remove units immediately.

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20549790/street_battle_wict_demos_rar

just follow the readme

minimum requirments:

The complete Arma2 collection (arma2,oa,baf,pmc)

all ACE mods (core and expansions).

ASR ai (optional but highly recomended for maximum enjoyment)

edit: just a reminder these are just editor files not finished products. and i highly recomend the RUS vs USA one (ive spent 5x more effort on that one).

and feel free to chose what you play as :)

last thing for the lols play it in 3rd person

heres a non ace version just as a warning i havent done a thorrough playtest of it. (and it might need CBAmod to play)

http://www.gamefront.com/files/20557666/NonACE_cityfight_arma2_wic_demo.rar

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 AM ----------

To ArmaIIholic ... I've enjoy ArmA2CO so much with your mod. But I got one question.

Can you tell me how removeman and removevehicle work? I feel that it's not remove units immediately.

i dont know how it works but it removes bodies after roughly 2-5 mins after death. its a pain in the ass when you looking for a luncher and the body your about to loot sinks into the ground and vanishes :P

live units and vehicles are removed instantly once they reach the maximum distance from you defined in the wic tool

Edited by dhellfox