Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

A2H: there still seems to be a problem with groundvehicle spawning. I throughoutly tested it now, so it is not a rushed post, like my previous one.

I spawn only groundvehicles. The exclamationmark shows, that wict is trying to spawn right on a house. Your solution kicks in, and the vehicle gets spawned at the base marker, which is in a safe spot. So no problem so far.

But then the spawning process stops, and no new unit gets spawned.

Could someone else confirm this as well?

Using latest wict.

Zapat what about tweaking masterClassSpawn.sqf, more exactly the

_groundloc = [_groundloc,0,20,20,0,45*(pi / 180),0,[],[_safepos]] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

First number is distance from nearest object. Maybe it is error with BIS function.

You can test it if you put

_groundloc = getMarkerPos WICT_wb;

so it always spawns at marker. I don't think that spawning at marker is what stops WICT from working. What I have experienced is that sometimes it can happen that whole process jams for a while, but I never had problem in my missions with safepos......

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

WICT v7.0c+

Thanx to Shad0wCatcher's tremendous effort we got templates for WICT.

Readme is included already for proper installation for folks. Faction list as follows:

-- BAF Woodland / MTP / Desert DPM vs Insurgents / Russia / Takistani Army

-- USMC vs Insurgents / Russia / Takistani Army

-- CDF vs Insurgents / Russia / Takistani Army

-- All include ACE and Non-Ace versions

http://www.mediafire.com/?0bsqrabebzfxyr3

http://rapidshare.com/files/454464642/WICT_v7-0c_.zip

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

New tutorials:

Ambient artillery http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Ambient_artillery

Checking tasks status http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_tasking#Checking_task_status

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Is there any sort of guide out there, for installing and using this? I am fairly noobish with arma, but I have installed mods before. The how to install read me, seems to be missing basic information about how to install. Or maybe I am just misinterpreting what exactly this is.

seems to be missing basic information about how to install

You missed the first page here, where it says that WICT has a homepage = online manual.

But here is the link :

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/World_in_Conflict_Tool_for_ArmA2_Wiki

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Creating_a_new_mission_1-2-3_steps#Creating_new_mission

WICT is not a mod, but package of scripts (tool) that you put in the mission you are making.

hi i used the search button but i cannot find the answer for my question, in the warfare module at least how i saw in the mission "welcome to the war" (official mission) near the bases i can buy weapon, units and vehicle, how can i do that with WICT?

and i read that u can do camp/bunkers spawn for defend the bases, can u do the same in WICT? (if not, is not a problem is only for better base capturing style)

in the mission "welcome to the war" (official mission) near the bases i can buy weapon, units and vehicle, how can i do that with WICT?

You cannot, at least not like that. Although WICT can use F2 COIN system

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/COIN

But you can use Warfare module with WICT and here is one interesting tutorial

http://sandbox.darrenbrant.com/arma_ii/how-to-setup-the-arma-ii-warfare-module

and i read that u can do camp/bunkers spawn for defend the bases, can u do the same in WICT? (if not, is not a problem is only for better base capturing style)
yes you can by using Murklor's script I implemented in WICT

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Ultimate_spawning

are there any just takistan wict's?

I am not very litterate when it comes to this stuff and get frustrated trying to do my own mission, and the duala mission doesnt work for me, and the hornets nest freezes after like 20 seconds

the duala mission doesnt work for me, and the hornets nest freezes after like 20 seconds

:confused::confused::confused:

you need some addons for duala mission, and hornet's nest is standalone, so it should run the same on any PC...

yes, you have v7.0+ with lots of templates!!!

are there any just takistan wict's?

I am not very litterate when it comes to this stuff and get frustrated trying to do my own mission, and the duala mission doesnt work for me, and the hornets nest freezes after like 20 seconds

what is the problem with duala? i'm interesting because i'm doing a mission with this island, but i have problems (not with compatibility, i mean problems with briefing, and weapon selections), so i have not tested the mission :S

2 days ago i configured the Supply drop with this config (in the editor):

[nil,nil,rEXECVM,"WICT\sandbox\sandbox_exe.sqf","WICT\support\","supplyDrop",10,position player, "C130J", (round(random 360)), 1000, ["HMMWV"],"all",true,"all",false,2,8,1] call RE;

and in the cratefiller i added RH weapons classnames, but as i don't know how to add a custom group i added all in the west side and i active all sides. But i have a problem, when the mission start the supply drop is automatically dropped with reinforcements, so i don't know where it lands, i go to the hmmwv i see and i go to the gear option, but i don't see no more than 2 weapons only.

In other hand, how can i disable automatic reinforcements and supply drop and how can i activate it manually? in comunication menu i don't see options :S

Oh the last one, sorry, but the automatic reinforcements always kill the soldiers when they land this can be fixed?

edit: sorry i have a quick question, is not very important but is a bit useful in a singleplayer mission, norrin revive script can be config for singleplayer? because i tried to config an script i downloaded from armaholic for singleplayer, but it seems to be incompatible with WITC the game closes giving error in soundcfg or something similar, so i deleted the script.

Edited by anonim092

1) what is the problem with duala? i'm interesting because i'm doing a mission with this island, but i have problems (not with compatibility, i mean problems with briefing, and weapon selections), so i have not tested the mission :S

2) 2 days ago i configured the Supply drop with this config (in the editor):

[nil,nil,rEXECVM,"WICT\sandbox\sandbox_exe.sqf","WICT\support\","supplyDrop",10,position player, "C130J", (round(random 360)), 1000, ["HMMWV"],"all",true,"all",false,2,8,1] call RE;

But i have a problem, when the mission start the supply drop is automatically dropped with reinforcements, so i don't know where it lands, i go to the hmmwv i see and i go to the gear option, but i don't see no more than 2 weapons only.

3) In other hand, how can i disable automatic reinforcements and supply drop and how can i activate it manually? in comunication menu i don't see options :S

4) Oh the last one, sorry, but the automatic reinforcements always kill the soldiers when they land this can be fixed?

5) norrin revive script can be config for singleplayer? but it seems to be incompatible with WITC the game closes giving error in soundcfg or something similar, so i deleted the script.

Wow man, you are mixing some serious stuff...... :confused: And you need to know editor and scripting just a little bit before messing with WICT (I mean tweaking stuff) :D

1) There is no problem with Duala or any island so far (that I've tested). WICT is working good with all islands and problems with briefing are not problems with WICT :)

2) If you start it from editor, example GameLogic, it will be activated on mission start and you ONLY have Humvee -- what did you expect??? :confused: and you have all weapons, 2 of each kind, 8 magazines and 1 of each equipment...... The configuration is ok! Please read the manual, man -- it says in syntax

#6 -- cargo classnames array -- ARRAY OF STRINGS
#7 -- side "west","east","all" -- STRING
#8 -- use Universal Crate Filler, true/false -- BOOLEAN
#9 -- game "all","arma","oa","baf","pmc","user" -- STRING
#10 -- refill true/false -- BOOLEAN
#11 -- weapons(amount) -- NUMBER
#12 -- magazines(amount) -- NUMBER
#13 -- equipment(amount) -- NUMBER

http://wicta2.wikia.com/wiki/Supply_drop

3) You have to delete that GameLogic or to remove the line from init.sqf and to make a trigger that is called by radio....

4) How do you mean it kills soldiers? None of the testers had ever experienced such bug before.

5) Norrin revive respawn scrip IS MADE for Multiplayer, not Singleplayer and WICT is made to work with F2 framework that has Norrin's Revive build-in. The soundcfg problem you have is because I edited Description.ext in WICT_MP, so WICT is compatible with Norrin's Revive in F2.

Call me lazy...cause I do...but are there any vanilla OA missions using WICT out there??? Apart from the there, one of which is vanilla, stated in the first post? I want to see more before I dabble.......

Let me see if I understood correctly ? New version provides templates for config and you just have to put few bases on the map to see it working :)

that IS lazy man :D :cool:

Let me see if I understood correctly ? New version provides templates for config and you just have to put few bases on the map to see it working :)

that IS lazy man :D :cool:

Fair enough...

As always this is a fun toy. I having problems with it a tad bit. in the manual it states that an enemy will not spawn behinde the player. Yet anytime I create a extreamly large scale battle, enemy vehicles spawn directly on top of friendly bases. Imediatly nullifieing friendly support. Friendly units always spawn in there proper places. So, do you have any idea why this might be happening?

1) an enemy will not spawn behind the player

2) enemy vehicles spawn directly on top of friendly bases

1) Nothing will spawn behind player, that is correct! The trick is in geometry.

2) It might happen when player is not positioned (relatively) between two opposite bases (west and east), but both bases are close together (closer than spawn distance radius).

Can you imagine a triangle? --- what you described is happening when two bases and player form a triangle and bases are too close to each other. Since WICT is based on geometry calculations, that is an artifact -- just experiment with distance between bases.

well...I'm running a mission of 175 sd, 150 sdrand, 10000 scandis. The allied bases are all atleast 3200 m away, directly behinde the player. The first enemy base closest to the player is 1500 m directly in front of the player. Using the basic SP template. Should i bring the bases in closer? Because, what you say makes since to me, just that in virtual use it defies the expected result. Though, only circumstacial at this point, I can say that the enemy units are spawning directly on top of allied bases, never anywhere else . You'd think that they would spawn anywhere else at random, with the possibility of spawning on the bases(assuming there is a flaw). And further allied units aren't doing this. ???

sorry to go edit happy on this. Does the line between bases become the front line, regardless of the players facing? In that case I think i can see why, that means when the second closest enemy base has a spawn(that is 3200m northwest of the closest enemy base), the front line switches, making allied bases at my side rather than behinde me?

Edited by Guevera79
failed to elaborate further

Thanks mate. Looking forward to trying it out !

It is small fix, but very important, since it definitely solved "problem" (my mistake) with spawning winged aircrafts, their velocity and flight.

Thank you zapat :cool:

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

We are also available now on MODDB

http://www.moddb.com/mods/world-in-conflict-tool-for-a2