Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

There was a stupid typo in supplyDrop preventing clearing of supply plane -- I fixed it and updated links on website.

No need for new version.

Cheers

Maaan, you should've used the last version I sent you:

Using this supplyDrop when playne is shot down between drops, it could cause problems.

And the typo was also corrected. :(

Anyways, nice release, I hope it is final now! :D:D:D

Go, study mate! :D

Maaan, you should've used the last version I sent you:

Using this supplyDrop when playne is shot down between drops, it could cause problems.:(

I doubt, because it will finish the loop forEach cargo (putting in arma2.RPT that it cannot find plane in order to get altitude) and the next check is if plane is alive. Btw WICT will delete that empty group anyway, eventually.

I made improvements in Sandbox tutorial with a template for creating sandbox missions (and using WICT potential).

P.S. zapat you will be busy too, soon enough ;) :bounce3:

Anyways, nice release, I hope it is final now! :D:D:D

I will have to introduce some improvements to supplyDrop, I left direction also... :confused: must be consequence of integration and merging two scripts....

So there will be definitely fix for supplyDrop. And I will introduce that check while dropping packages. I also have to rise the plane after drop, it tends to crash on hills and buildings on Duala :confused:

@ArmAIIholic

sounds like a very good tool, exactly what im searching for, but sorry man, i dont get it.

on page 5 of this thread you say that you will write a manual and on page 8 you say, that you already wrote a manual! Where is this manual? i cant find it in the wict-files. But in the startsettings.sqf you suggest to read the manual first. Wouldn't it be a good idea to add the manual to the download? Sounds like a really good tool, but i have no idea how to add it to my mission.

ahh.... thanx, i already saw the site, but i was to blind... sorry, yesterday was a long night (crysis warhead) ;)

Thanx bro, this has come a long way and looks to be a lot more powerful

Is there anyway to install this using a modfolder because I am stumped since the last version I downloaded had a @WICT file.

Como esta' and GAWD, this tool is beyond fun. Thank you very much, freakin' awesome.

So far I just have one question: How do I effect the "flyinHeight" of the initial supply/squad drop for SP? I've only begun with the tool and have successfully initialized it in a mission, only using the pre-made template. I'm having a problem with the c130s crashing into trees on vally insertions. I've noticed the dir of the player effects the drop dir but this only seems to solve my problem 25% of the time. note: i did find a possible route, in WICT_SP>WICT>support>Supply drop. Is the Height, there, the one I'm looking for? Also, if I alter that number will that negativly effect the dropped units? I would have tested it myself but your mod intimidates my poor brain, I don't want to break my cool new toy;)

The supplydrop script is not working well as of now.

I made it for Osprey, and it doesn't handle C-130 well. Other than this, there is a bug with boxes staying closed too. We've already discussed the workarounds with A2H, there will be a hotfix soon I guess.

Until then: you need to look for WICT/Support/supplyDrop. sqf

and raise altitude and altitude 1 (line 25 and 26) to like 150 and 200 at least for C-130. (altitude is dropping alt, and altitude1 is approach, and leaving the area alt.)

Osprey can handle 60 m drop, but bigger planes cannot.

@Guevera79 thanx for replying. Zapat and me had long correspondence about the that issue and I still believe that 180 degrees sharp turns of the plane are bigger problem.

However, as zapat said, we prepared hotfixes :

-- planes will not crash, nice clean drop out of supplies

-- ammo boxes will be now properly spawned and unlocked

-- removeBody.sqf won't use eventHandlers

-- I added more centers in init.sqf

The release is ready and working, I just want to test few more things before making official release, because I think community will hate me at the end since I made record number of hotfixes and changing of the code.

P.S. People pleeeease official manual is WICT's website --- don't go through these 64 pages.

--EDIT--

Units in Buildings snippet

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Collect the evidence snippet

If you find some interesting snippets like those two I posted, let me know, so I can update WICT's website with those interesting stuff.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

This mod is absolutely fantastic. It's so fun creating basic missions and seeing the world around you behave completely different and dynamic every time you restart. Thanks for all the time you've put into this project.

Though I'm wondering, I am able to "beat" every mission I create by capturing all the flags. How can I set it up so that it's more challenging for myself? So far I've placed more bases for the opposing side but that doesn't help at all because the unit count remains the same. Should I just edit the base compositions so that the enemy bases have a higher chance of spawning units? Or are there other ways to make things more difficult?

Thanks!

So far I've placed more bases for the opposing side but that doesn't help at all because the unit count remains the same. Should I just edit the base compositions so that the enemy bases have a higher chance of spawning units? Or are there other ways to make things more difficult

1) yes, you can put stronger bases for opposing side, e.g. tanks vs. medium vehicles, so you, as a player, are the factor that will change course of the battle

2) you can use Camps made easy tutorial, you have a Youtube video there and all scripting you need

3) Or use more advanced, but more powerful method --- Editor based AI script by trigger. WICT doesn't have complete demo, so try this

Editor based AI script by trigger v8

If you have any questions please do ask

Though I'm wondering, I am able to "beat" every mission I create by capturing all the flags.
Same here.^^ I only placed inf bases and players side wins every time without players help. don't no why.

Same here.^^ I only placed inf bases and players side wins every time without players help. don't no why.

First things first, you are helping even by moving around. That is the concept of spawn distance.

As I said it is the point of configuration. If you place a OPFOR tank base vs. BLUFOR infantry base I am sure that BLUFOR cannot win. Did you try that?

You can also add more units to OPFOR pool.

I had examples on Utes with OPFOR capturing BLUFOR base by flanking and even switching places -- what was west becomes east and vice versa.

And you can reinforce bases when they are about to be captured. I also made example on Utes with paratroopers.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies!

Another method of easily increasing the difficulty is to edit the actual unit compositions of each class. For example, you can add 2 or 3 times the amount of enemy infantry to the opfor Regular Infantry group (and remove some from your side's group) so that you are outnumbered. I find this faster and easier to do compared to scaling the base configurations.

For some reason the autoflag and base config sections aren't working as they should, it says in the manual that it should pick up all the bases with whatever I put in the autoflag line in the name, but its not doing this. Eg, I name all bases either baser_# or basew_# and i put ["baser","basew"] in autoflag and it doesnt work. Any ideas why?

I really cannot tell from your post, since it is kind a fuzzy.... I didn't understand well...

You've put this, right?

_null = ["[b]baser[/b]",30,[1,2,5]] execVM "WICT\autoFlag.sqf";
_null = ["[b]basew[/b]",30,[1,2,5]] execVM "WICT\autoFlag.sqf";

and configured for example:

if ([WICT_wb,"baser"] call KRON_StrInStr) then {_configParams = [45,55,90,95,100,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]};
if ([WICT_wb,"basew"] call KRON_StrInStr) then {_configParams = [5,10,45,55,100,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]};

and

if ([WICT_eb,"baser"] call KRON_StrInStr) then {_configParams = [45,55,90,95,100,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]};
if ([WICT_eb,"basew"] call KRON_StrInStr) then {_configParams = [5,10,45,55,100,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0]};

It says in the manual :

Do not forget to put separate lines for all BASE TYPES that NEED SIMPLE FLAG TRIGGERS and DECLARING !!!
so ["baser","basew"] won't work... If I understood correctly what you did.

Cheers

Hi, Ive just started a full scale mission using the latest WICT. I have a problem after loading everything in the editor etc. I go for a preview and it says that the player that is selected is dead and stops the preview. I think I have had this problem before and think it is something to do with the revive config but I have tried all weekend but cant figure it out. Hope some one can point out what it is Thanks

SP or MP? You have PLAYER COMMANDER in the text for your player ?