Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Cap just means a limit on number of units spawned.

Directional bases?? ghost bases... ok i need to read more

I understand easier with big pretty pictures! :D

Edited by Katipo66

@ TacKLed -- very different since it will be more compatible with Dedi and it will bring some automatized setup functions.

I released Hornet's nest with WICT v4.0 but it turned out it is just BETA, since I found some minor flaws with reinforcements for example :o :( Well it works, but it can be even better.

And I already introduced some changes to flag script too, in order to make it better.

That is the main "problem" --- when I think it is finished I release it, then I find that something can be written better and automatically it is not (fully) compatible with previous version. That is one of the reasons I gave up addons --- I let people make their missions with version they downloaded without forcing them or players to download new addon.

But I ensure you it will be better that 3.5 :yay:

CAUTION: I changed WICT base online configurator to be compatible with upcoming new version.

Thanx for understanding!

Hi, ive set up WICT using the Iranian mod, they are independent... i have set them to be friendly to Opfor... they have no problem shooting Blufor but Blufor do not fight back... how do i make independents enemy to Blufor?

EDIT: WEST setFriend [RESISTANCE, 0]; :)

Edited by Katipo66

This is really awesome, im surprised and amazed you figured this out... the 3D editor is a bit of a dog though, its hard to select the correct units etc due to the limiting GUI... it would be great if this could be possible using the standard 2D editor.

The trick is that you have 2D + 3D when you enter that editor. It can be sometimes pain in * to select, for example dog tags, because it happens that center of the object and the object itself are not at the same place, which is weird...

However, it is very powerful method since you can make any number of scripted missions.

What surprises me the most is that a lot of people saw this thread and I believe some of them are subscribed, and 500+ people saw Marshal of Savanna and no one has made any story yet....

I can't believe that people are only asking for mods, missions etc. and no one can help back with some short story or plot.

I am a bit disappointed and confused... since I am preparing new WICT, with more options for customization, I've put a lot of work there....

I can't believe that people are only asking for mods, missions etc. and no one can help back with some short story or plot.

I am a bit disappointed and confused...

Well thats probably the nature of the beast, i did start on some assassination plot mission on one of the islands of duala but realized my writing are lacking and also was not sure where it would fit in the greater scheme of things.

But there is something in the idea of stringing user submitted missions together into one big mission, maybe a different approach?

Maybe you need to provide just a bit more guidance or a bit more of an outline of the story, what i mean is give more meaning to the numbers on the map, or give outline of plots that will populate the mission.

For example does Teal Brass Doberman and his team start from point a and work their way through to point B on the island as in hornets nest or are they based somewhere permenant and move back and forth to different locations? what faction are they

Maybe lock it down a bit more and outline what type of missions are needed and even what locations so that people can go to the places in the map and visulize a mission?

Example:

- Find and destroy rebel base in Kirabo

- Arrest warlord in Canto

- Ambush weapons convoy between Balabango and Xibo

etc etc

Just some thoughts...

I am preparing new WICT, with more options for customization, I've put a lot of work there....

:D

Thanx Katipo66, I've made additional guidelines for Marshal of Savanna

F*** NEW WICT IS WORKING SOOOO FINE... still much work to do, but I am thrilled!!!

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Just out of curiosity, while using transport factions, is it possible use fixed-wing transport aircrafts (like the C-130J, for example) to spawn in the air with the units in the cargo of the plane and have those units "eject" from the plane rather than the "transport unload" used for helicopter transportation?

F*** NEW WICT IS WORKING SOOOO FINE... still much work to do, but I am thrilled!!!

F***! great! :D

Sounds great, I hope to my my new graphics card this weekend so i should be all set up by the time you release :) :)

I remember a long time ago playing a mission in COD 2, in which you were a part of a "large battle", although tipical of most stimulated "large battles", it was simply a compeliation of respawning AI's that followed the same path. As I liked the idea of being a part of a large battle (but not the centre of it), I decided to participate, despite the fact that it wasn't particularly relevant to the mission of my team (go behind lines), and after some good positioning, we managed to kill many enemy units, only to find out that didn't matter how many we killed, it did not have ANY effect on the future missions or that mission itself as the AI's would respawn infinitely. It was then that I thought, "wouldn't it be awsomn if there was a game that stimulated a battle, in which you could be a part of, but it would continue regardless of your actions?". Of course those games existed, but the battles involved infinitely respawning AI with few goals, or AI that is predictable, respawns at the same spot and follows the same path.

I think this mod is what I've been really waiting for, and it is indeed excellent. The battles are dynamic, the unit spawn are dynamic, the AI paths are unpredictable, and most importantly the battle progeresses (they actually capture bases, its not an endless stream of respawning AI that contineously meet at the same spot, die then respawn). Very well done ArmAIIholic and thank you for making this great tool.

Question: I'm running v3.5, and I played through the WICT.utes mission which worked fine. Then I tried to make my own mission on Chernarus, and it didn't work. I really don't understand why. I've placed the "functions" module, a game logic with the name "server", another game logic named "auto_start" with the init line: "null = [] spawn {sleep 5; WICT_state = "start"; publicVariable "WICT_state";}", a marker named "b_0" with two triggers (one set to "OPFOR" and "PRESENT" and the other set to "BLUFOR" and "PRESENT"), and both set to "REPEATEDLY" with an init line of: "null = ["east","b_0"] execVM "WICT\flag.sqf";" (and similar process for west base, and base b_1). I've also set up the "F2" framework and set parameters in the "UserSetting" folder. Just like what the manual says. In fact WICT initializes, but it tells me that both east and west have "NO BASES". Any ideas why?

I even tried copying all files from the demo mission folder (WICT.utes), except for the mission.sqm of course, and yet I still get the error where the game fails to recognise any bases, so I get the hint: "east base: none, west bases: none". I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help.

Thanks

b0 and b_0?

Wict.utes has it b_0

and WICT_demo.utes has it b0 in startsettings.sqf...

Check that. If hint is writing suff, Wict is running, but can't find bases.

And check if the bases are between 250m and 1500m (between WICT_sd and WICT_scandist)

b0 and b_0?

Wict.utes has it b_0

and WICT_demo.utes has it b0 in startsettings.sqf...

Check that. If hint is writing suff, Wict is running, but can't find bases.

And check if the bases are between 250m and 1500m (between WICT_sd and WICT_scandist)

Sorry, I should have made that clear: WICT_demo did not work for me (there were no hints running, and I didn't get the massage, "WICT initialized" at the start of the game). On the other hand the mission "WICT.utes" worked fine, and it uses "b_0 and b_1" which is what I'm using. Also, I seperated the two bases with variying dstances (1000m, 800m, 500m, etc.), still no luck.

kyfohatl thanx for you comment, it is very useful and I will see to put it on WICT homepage.

Now, I really don't know what is going on with that mission of yours and then you completely stunned me with the fact that WICT_demo didn't initialize at all.

I remember Velocity once sent me a mission that was setup perfectly, but even I didn't manage to get it work. I think there is some issue with copying files, so I suggested making it from scratch.

However :) I can say that WICT v3.5 is coooompletely old concept compared to WICT v4.5, so it will be easier to setup even on "blank" map, from the scratch, and performance will be better too.

Still, I cannot tell the release date, what is worse, it could take me a month :( to GET TIME to finish it, but I won't give up, that's for sure, because I, in the first place, am thrilled with how cool it works.

Still, I cannot tell the release date, what is worse, it could take me a month :( to GET TIME to finish it, but I won't give up, that's for sure, because I, in the first place, am thrilled with how cool it works.

Now your just teasing us lol

Just glad that you are still working on it ;)

Thanks for the support.

Okay, maybe this will help: I just realised that in the mission WICT.utes (the one that worked) the enemies wont shoot at me (!!!). Even if I go stand if front of them, or even shoot them in the legs to make them notice me, they still wont shoot at me. So I thought that maybe there is a problem with the way I was running it (I was running it as a singleplayer mission), so I placed both WICT.utes and WICT_demo in my multiplayer folder this time, but just like last time, WICT_demo didn't work and the enemies in WICT.utes wouldn't shoot at me (I tried both Russian and American). So I though maybe I've installed the whole mod wrong, but the instructions are pretty straightforward. Put the folder @WICT in the ArmA2 root directory and run it via the shortcut; am I right?

Oh, and I made another mission from scratch, exactly following your instrcutions in the youtube video, but it still fails to recognise bases. I've also tried playing around with the F2 frame work, and disabling scripts that are unecessary (such as the one that disables saving). I honestly can't think of any other way around the problems I'm facing (it's a bit frustrating). So I guess I'll just have to wait for v4.5...

Looking forward

Thanks

Oh, how couldn't I figure this out sooner! :)

kyfohatl: enemies not shooting at you and wict hints about bases mean you have debug mode turned on in startSettings.

Make sure it is WICT_debug = "no"; instead of WICT_debug = "yes";

Oh, how couldn't I figure this out sooner! :)

kyfohatl: enemies not shooting at you and wict hints about bases mean you have debug mode turned on in startSettings.

Make sure it is WICT_debug = "no"; instead of WICT_debug = "yes";

Thanks for that. Now WICT.utes works just fine. Interestingly, I managed to get my mission half working: Now the east base (b_1) is created and works fine, but for some reason the west base (b_0) is not created, and when I run in debug mode it says "West base: none". I don't know what's happening there. Maybe I'm initiating WICT wrong?

WICT_init = false; WICT_control = "no"; WICT_state = "stop";
{call compile format ["%1 = false;",_x]} forEach ["trig1"];
_null = [] execVM "WICT\start.sqf";

I don't see anything wrong with it. Any ideas? Oh, and it's worth saying that I'm running ArmA 2 v1.07 (I don't have OA). Maybe other people with ArmA 2 only are experiencing similar issues?

Request: Would anyone of you experienced guys be interested in taking a quick look at my basic mission to find the error? I'd really appreciate it. Maybe send me an email adress via private massage and I could attach my mission to my reply (or whatever other method you prefer).

Thanks for the help.

Edited by kyfohatl

Xa xa xa, this is hell of investigation!!! :D yeap, that's why new WICT has battlefield "indicator". I suppose kyfohatl that you are too close to the west base, so of course it is not spawning anything.

Place your west base further away from the player, and be sure to check what are Spawn Distance and Scan Distance.

I will see to make it even more intuitive in the next WICT.

---------------------

LockJaw-65- it is not JUST a teaser :cool: