Sign in to follow this  
ArmAIIholic

W.I.C.T -- World In Conflict Tool for ArmAII and OA

Fast and some big slow zombies -- like Left 4 Dead :D

TacKLed just be sure to get OA template -- and be aware it is not finished :(

I suggest you to use full version for vanilla A2 to get used to the system and how it works.

keep up the good work !!!

-Would be nice to add a unit pool like in DAC3 . easier to change units and use with other addon units.

Well TeilX I saw that DAC3 has pool, but I didn't immerse myself into it to find how it is done. WICT has templates that can be easily modified and it would took you the same amount of time to configure that part in DAC and WICT (I think).

If I come upon spare time to change templates to pool I will do it. If you have anything that can help me to reduce learning curve please let me know. It would speed up development a lot.

Thanx

:sorry: can't help, only Gamer with no knowledge:p maybe u can ask Silola:D

WICT has templates that can be easily modified and it would took you the same amount of time to configure that part in DAC and WICT (I think).

i try that way and maybe it takes the same time:)

edit:

found it ^^

but it is a little bit harder i think

need to change all files in the usersettings folder

thx

Well you need to change the pool in DAC too, right?
Ok is not harder^^ but it takes a little bit more time to open & change different files as one file

Me = fastidious hehe

Edited by TeilX

I asked him but he is preoccupied with his own stuff, DAC is huge. Let me know if you have any problems. I am here to help.

@TeilX response:

Well you need to change the pool in DAC too, right? There is a template for OA, it needs a little tweaks around starting WICT, but it is working.

Edited by ArmAIIholic

Well TeilX I saw that DAC3 has pool, but I didn't immerse myself into it to find how it is done. WICT has templates that can be easily modified and it would took you the same amount of time to configure that part in DAC and WICT (I think).

If I come upon spare time to change templates to pool I will do it. If you have anything that can help me to reduce learning curve please let me know. It would speed up development a lot.

Thanx

This is funny becuase when I was editing the user configs this morning I was thinking "I wish this had pools like in DAC." Yeh pools would make it a bit easier. ;) That way I have more options in making missions and less editing. ;) But that beeing said it took me a few weeks before WICT grew on me, but now that I am figuring this think out! :cc: That beeing said yes I understand learning curves. Its ok as is. but if you do figure it out, or if I do I'll let ya know. :D

I do have something that I need to ask/ or point out. It could be my fault, but Im really not sure. Ive got it set up to do the transports. Ive noticed just sitting back and watching the bullets fly that the Trucks,Helo's, and anyother transport doesnt seem to drop off infantry. Is it something Im missing?

Ohhh an by the way Artillery would be a great addition ;) also in the user settings maybe a seperate folder for AA (Anti-Air) would be nice, or can I do this on my own?

Thanks,

Mikey74

Edited by Mikey74

I will try to do that thing with pool some day. But it doubles the coding I guess. Let us assume I make a pool --- it is a pool of soldiers for example --- I still need to have templates that will spawn certain combination of units and then give them orders, right? Anyway I will check it out.

It happens that they do not getout if bullets are flying around. They behavior is green -- they will not engage or fire unless threatened directly. If they have enough space they will disembark and continue on foot.

That is written in the manual, and also there is a reference in the manual for Artillery. It is not part of the WICT since there are two ways of using it (virtual and real) and also some great addons so I didn't feel necessary to interfere with that.

Thanx for replying

am i soppose to have a sqf init in the missions folder or somthin to make it work, or do i just have to place it on the map

zeroxox2 place what on the map? if you mean module -- there is no such thing. this addon is started as any other script, so yes, you can start it from init.sqf.

Please read the manual. I really put some effort to write it, around 50 pages. If you don't find information in the manual or it isn't clear enough let me know to fix it.

I will try to do that thing with pool some day. But it doubles the coding I guess. Let us assume I make a pool --- it is a pool of soldiers for example --- I still need to have templates that will spawn certain combination of units and then give them orders, right? Anyway I will check it out.

It happens that they do not getout if bullets are flying around. They behavior is green -- they will not engage or fire unless threatened directly. If they have enough space they will disembark and continue on foot.

That is written in the manual, and also there is a reference in the manual for Artillery. It is not part of the WICT since there are two ways of using it (virtual and real) and also some great addons so I didn't feel necessary to interfere with that.

Thanx for replying

Thanks for replying Armaholic. :) As for the pool thing it may not double it, butttttt Im thinking you would have to rewrite alot to keep it that way.... Sooo probably better just to leave it as is.

As for the artillery I miss understood what you said. It was one of the parts I scimmed through. But basically I thought you was going to implement something in WICT for it. But its ok as is. :) WICT is pretty powerful, and its jammed up awesome combined with DAC and ACM. ;) Thanks for the hard work!

Edited by Mikey74

There is not much to implement about/for artillery. There is fine-workin' Artillery module in ArmA and some excellent community modules, so I didn't want to waste time on that. On page 33 in the manual you have some reference / links for artillery. I am using it in my missions and it works just fine. You only have to sync SOM module with player and it works ok with F2 and respawning / reviving system.

Cheers

You are probably using some old version. If you go to F7 modules there is no more WICT module. Download new version and follow install instructions. And be sure that you have deleted any older version of WICT.

Did you think about some other module? "in the editor theres a moduel for it" = which module is that? Maybe you confused some other module for WICT.

There could be a GameLogic that starts the script, but latest version is started from init.sqf.

i have the new version im pretty sure, and i followed the manual so now am i just soppose to open the mission and play, how will i know if its working

Just install the addon in @WICT and put WICT.utes in your mission folder.

How will you know it is working? Believe me you will know -- 16k visits of this thread -- they are not lunatics, they know what they tasted -- dynamic battlefields. If that is not enough for you, I am afraid I can't help.

okay, im sorry if im giving you any trouble but when i was trying to figure out what was i doing wrong i might have messed up some things and now im all discomboulated, okay so i installed the addons, i put the WICT.utes in the mission folder and was i soppoes to reaname that folder if i wanted it on the chernarus map or the mission folder. i did what the manual said and stuff...so im still not sure whats wrong

You have to modify sqm file and when you start it in the editor it would be the same as Utes. Position of the object probably won't make any sense (because they are the same), but you will be able to play it just like Utes.

Everything else is just a modification.

The WICT demo mission is in the folder WICT.utes, right? Suppose you want to make mission for Chernarus.

1) Rename this folder to YourMission.chernarus

2) Open that folder and open mission.sqm. Use some text editor and find and replace all “utes†with “chernarus†(with quotes!).

3) Open the mission in the editor

Please, if you want to make something start reading manual and learning scripting. If not, wait until some releases new mission for Chernarus.

Best regards,

ArmAIIholic

Please if you have any more questions and short messages like "i did that" send them to PM, ok? I will gladly answer.

After you exit the base you will get the message "Semper Fi!" and the spawning will start. If you are not sure what is going on enable debug mode in StartSettings.sqf and see if spawning starts. Be sure that all files are there inside mission folder.

If you still get problems, zip your mission folder and send me, I will take a look.

Just don't "spam" this thread with short communication.

base? what base. am i soppose to set ups triggers or somthin and im sorry if im spamming, i more of a visual learner than if its jsut written down on paper or somtihn

huh.... you are starting at the base on Utes, so if you didn't change anything your are starting at the base on Chernarus too.... it is really big trigger 250 with 200, ellipsoid.... with tank, APC and your units...

I am really gone stop answering here on such questions -- use Personal Messages (PM) if you have such questions >>> click on UserCP >> Send new message >> recipient ArmAIIholic

Cheers

When WICT is activated on the demo mission, 30+ groups are spawned. But when I create my own missions, less than 10 groups are spwaned upon WICT activation. What determines this?

I really cannot tell without knowing did you configure bases correctly. That could be a problem and also it could be a problem with some settings or bugged old templates in UserSettings folder.... Zip your mission folder and put it on some free hosting service, rapidshare, megaupload, filebeam.... Send me the link via PM, I will take a look and let you know.