Sign in to follow this  
tarkin92

Saving missions from editor.

Hi guys I have a question, how can I save mission I made in editor to single missions. If I just choose "Save in missions folder" the mission called let's say Hind Attack saves as "Hind%20Attack.chernarus" which is very ugly :( How can I make the mission name to display properly?

Well maybe name it HindAttack instead?

Or hit F2 and replace the %20 with a single space?

But will that solve ".chernarus'?

Or hit F2 and replace the %20 with a single space?

Tried that earlier, doesn't work either - just causes mission to disappear from my scenarios.

Edited by Tarkin92

What exactly is there to resolve with that? It's the name of the island the mission is for and it's require by the game.

Yup but some user-made missions can be named properly, you just go to the "Scenarios" and see My Uber Mission not My%20Uber%20Mission.chernarus

Click on the Mission Info box in the editor and give it a proper name.

400px-ArmA_editor_intel.jpg

Yup but some user-made missions can be named properly, you just go to the "Scenarios" and see My Uber Mission not My%20Uber%20Mission.chernarus

Setup your overview.html

That defines what you see in the scenarios mission list for your mission.

Click on the Mission Info box in the editor and give it a proper name.

Geez maan! I've been wondering for what this "Name" thing is since OFP golden times :D Thank you very much , that helped :)

Edited by W0lle
Quoted image

BTW @Tarkin92,

You can use under score to make spaces and name of mission file will be ok.

Like this:

Hind_Attack

_neo_

Yeah, but underscores look stupid when you can just use spaces.

Hi shk.

Well, in the mission file name you cant use spaces, if you do you will have the same problem Tarkin92 has.

For that you can use underscores.

_neo_

Yes you can. The name given in the intel dialog in editor will override the file name. So, using them in the file name really doesn't matter. What is more silly is using underscores in the intel dialog name.

Yes you can. The name given in the intel dialog in editor will override the file name. So, using them in the file name really doesn't matter. What is more silly is using underscores in the intel dialog name.

Ok. Yes you can.

Im not arguing, just saying that using spaces in the mission FILE NAME (NOT mission name), will cause that.

I just said that he can go over that little problem by adding underscores to the file name as I do.

_neo_

%20 looks way more stupid than an underscore ever will. :)

• stupid_mission_name.pbo
  • stupid mission name.pbo
  • stupid%20mission%20name.pbo

Underscores are much easier to read for me at least. :yay: Spaces require use of "" or %20 on the web and with filesystems, so never use them in filenames please.

Spaces work fine with hosted server and with both (Win & Linux) dedicated servers. Thus, I dont see any reason why you would not name the mission (in intel dialog) to:

co 12 my mission with spaces

And when you release the mission/add it to server, replace %20 with space to get:

co 12 my mission with spaces.Takistan.pbo

No silly extra chars and looks nice.

Spaces work fine with hosted server and with both (Win & Linux) dedicated servers. Thus, I dont see any reason why you would not name the mission (in intel dialog) to:

Thats the point, we are not talking about the mission name, we are talking about the mission file name.

And the mission file name will create %20 if it has spaces.

_neo_

It's just a matter of preference. If shk prefers spaces and doesn't mind changing downloaded files names that's all good. I just happen to prefer filenames rather then filesentences. :)

I already depbo and change the editor name of every single mission I download and add to our server. ;)

Underscores are so... 15 years ago. :)

Anyway, it seems 95% of the mission makers now a days have missed or just ignore the standard naming: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=82816. Kyllikki has used that since Feb 2003. :)

Edited by Shuko