Sign in to follow this  
Brebinator

Korean War

Hi there,

I know that there have been a lot of people saying it would be great to revist the story of OFP on the current engine. But perhaps instread the terrian of Korea and the Korean War (Post Cold War) and the Chinese and US involvement. This would use much of the OFP equipment and from history this hasnt really been well exposed and certainly there was politics, drama and conflict.

FYI

In the 3 years of ther Korean war the same amount of people died there as Vietnam (10 years).

Anyway just my 2 cents for today.

BIS has stated a long long time ago that they do not recreate real wars for various reasons.

However I'd still like to see a mod about this.

A fictional war. A modern Korean War, along the DMZ, would be simply amazing if it were done by BIS, with this engine.

Now, we just need a gigantic bloody space sat, that redirects the energy of the sun, so that the North Korean's can blast a highway through the minefields for their troops to use.

is that long thing your signature? If so you're going to be asked to make it smaller.

A fictional war. A modern Korean War, along the DMZ, would be simply amazing if it were done by BIS, with this engine.

Now, we just need a gigantic bloody space sat, that redirects the energy of the sun, so that the North Korean's can blast a highway through the minefields for their troops to use.

Signed

PLA and DPRK armies vs US backed ROK.

K2 vs Type 99 :D

Of course it won't be North Korea and South Korea, but some other made up country with similar equipment and ideologies. Doesn't keep the

US and the Chinese from showing up though :D

I'm all for this suggestion! :ok:

Quite frankly, the desert scene bores me to tears and anything that takes me back to the good old days of islands like Malden, Everon and Kolgujev and I'm all for it. But that will never happen!

I'm pretty sure a modern korean war isn't going to be fictional.

I love the idea of a fictional modern conflict based on the Korean War. This is something I've often thought about also. A fictional eastern country with terrain like korea that involves a multinational force on one side and modern day China (or break away faction) on the other.

BIS can do it just like they did OA and we all pretend it is not based on Iraq or Afganistan. All we really need though are some maps since the players including the Chinese Army (PLA) already exist in mods.

Signed

PLA and DPRK armies vs US backed ROK.

Fun fact: China recently stated that it would support reunification of Korea under control of Seoul, and is starting to re-think it's relationship with the "spoiled brat" that is the DPRK.

PLA mod released (just tank is too strong), DPRK soldier soon :]

Remember ArmA 1? With the SLA vs RACS? Good times.

Edited by Laqueesha

I would buy an official Korean War conflict any time period as long as two conditions are met:

1) It is not DLC

2) The only sand on the map is a beach or a golf course my tanks roll over.

I am sick of bland desert wanna-make-believe-Arab worlds. It was old and dead when Battlefield 2 came out, and is only a stinking rotting video game corpse now.

So, something like Madagaskars Stone Forest (just go crazy with them fractal parameters and you're there :D). Here are some other inspirational sources.

I wonder how the AI would navigate them though. Sand seems to go well on AI :p

The AI would navigate the limestone towers about as well as a convoy column can negotiate a turn right now...