Sign in to follow this  
Pundaria

Disabling Secop?

I only want the artillery function. Not the secondery objective. So how to disable it giving me secop?:confused:

[["artillery_barrage"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Put this in the init field of your SOM Module to disable the mission stuff:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

[["artillery_barrage"],player] call BIS_SOM_addSupportRequestFunc;

Put this in the init field of your SOM Module to disable the mission stuff:

this setVariable ["settings", [[], true, nil, nil, false]];

too kind for you to help me out..... always got weird fire on me because of the secop.........:p

I run the .:121:. clan coop OA server. I am using Xeno's Demolition2 mission, with alot of edits.

I'm trying to make the sights and sounds my visitors see realistic. So when I talk about laying down artillery barrages, I want it to be REALISTIC. Not some virtual artillery you call from somewhere like the default Demolition2 artillery option is.

Using the video below, I was able to piece together the perfect working model of artillery.

I was able to put down 8 MLRS (or M119 as well) artillery in a sqad, and have it use the SECOP to call in artillery via the radio commands.

The units all fire in unison (this is really spectacular to see 8 MLRS point their turrets in the direction of the fire mission, and fire sequentially into the air, and even more spectacular if you watch the result on the target).

It works perfectly from within the editor preview on Multiplayer, HOWEVER, once you put it live onto a dedicated server, only the side mission part of SECOP works. The artillery does not. (I use init command to disable the side missions but left them enabled to test SECOP in general)

So my question is, is there any way in my configuration (see the video) to work in a dedicated server? I'll be entirely disappointed if it cannot.

Using the SECOP Module in ARMA 2 - I can hardly ever get CAS to work correctly - I can call for it (via radio command). Works fine. I get the airplanes overhead....but I can never seem to target what I want them to strike..... The radio messages says something to the effect that call for CAS is a go......Paint your target..... it then seems I automatically respond "target painted" (the AI does)......But I can't figure out how to paint the target I want. I thought it was spacebar, or right clicking the mouse on an object / location??

In my use of SecOp, it asks for coordinates. I just bring up the map and click where i want it, it places a green 'Fire Mission' marker and dumps the Arty right on target.

I don't know anything about airplanes overhead or painting a target. That's not in my mission parameters.

But just from a laymen's point of view, if it's asking you to paint a target, that would possibly mean you need to place a laser marker on the target you want. Give that a try.

And I still hope someone can answer my question.

Thanks

Well, I'm no longer with 121. I took my server public now, called 'Saint's Playground'.

I still haven't received any responses to this thread yet with any information on getting SecOp to work on a dedicated.

I really would like to be able to alter the artillery for Domination map.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Saint