Sign in to follow this  
kylania

IED Module

Simple question. After searching forums up and down I couldnt find it so ill jsut ask does any IED rather it be scripted or Module Work in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Demo? I have tried numerous Syntax lines but I think the problem is there isnt an GBU or anything explosive in the demo besides a satchel and I cant get that too work Any help would be apeciated My friends and I all decided to DL this Demo and weve been playing until we can afford the game. Ive been using the editor and I am using it as a starter tool for when i get the actual game to learn the basics and some scripts Thanks if you can help at all I have been searching high and low with no success for an answer to this.

09-12-2010 12:27 PM

I'm not sure if this will work in the demo but try...

bomb="Sh_105_HE" createVehicle [(getPos veh1 select 0),(getPos veh1 select 1),0]

open a trigger, set to blufor present. Put above in the init of a trigger for large blast. Create any sort of object, unit, vehicle on the map and name it "veh1" (without the quotations of course) in the name section in the top right area of the edit unit screen.

* (Huge) - "BO_GBU12_LGB"

* (Large) - "Sh_105_HE"

* (Medium) - "R_57mm_HE"

* (Small) - "G_40mm_HE"

Good luck! Also you might want to check out this section of the forums it's a whole subforum for mission editing in Arma 2 and Operation Arrowhead. Of course I'm not sure if all this stuff works only in the demo so just let that be a forewarning to you: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93

On topic now: I really hope BIS are able to implement the IED system that is seen in VBS2. I would definitely pay for something like the VBS2 IED.

Hey thanks for the reply so quickly Ill try the others but I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the GBU12 Doesn't work. ill give the others a shot real quick and see what happens.

( "YOUR AWESOME IT WORKED" !!!) Not big enough to take out the HUMV but hey it worked thats all I was wanting to get to work you have been of great help Thanks a mill.

Edited by Eaglezero6205

Just in case you didn't know.

(switch to 1:20)

Yeah, not at all the same really. That doesn't even use BIS's own IED objects either! A module wouldn't require you to hand make scripts to fake explosions via triggers, it would all be handled by the module.

yeah I watched that before I ever did anything in the editor and that made me curiouys but never worked for some odd reason THe above did though.

Well inspired by kylania post and VBS2 awsome IED module I decided to try and make this module in another project I was working on (redoing MCC).

Take a look and tell me what you thinks. It's still a WIP.

cEVa-51N-00

And a small mission demonstration of a daisy-chain ambush that I did on the fly:

MQ4iZvEsjTE

Awesome job again Shay... Great work mate. Looking forward to see it on our server. :)

Greetz Steelrain

Marsoc - Going4.com

Very very nice mister Shay theman.

I am sure youre gaming group is very happy with your work :)

Nice work, I cant wait to get back in to scripting while using this. :yay:

Will make for good games

If you could add crowds of civilian rioters throwing rocks, bottles and maybe even molotovs, that would be great. Gimbal's Tossers was the user-made addon that did this in OFP.

well nice idia uzi, I can make the script but someone should make the less leathal weapons.

Shay, any chance You could release it as a standalone script\addon set?

Shay, any chance You could release it as a standalone script\addon set?

Well it is a script you can find it inside MCC sandbox at: mcc\general_scripts\traps folder. you can copy the scripts there.

There is the request script. which takes the variables from the UI and ask the server and there is the server execute. Just Disarm and IED sctipts.

If you want I can post how to do it from the 2nd editor.

Anyway MCC Sandbox is a template mission. You can open it with the 2nd editor and build your mission on it.

If you want I can post how to do it from the 2nd editor.

Please!

Well you'll need to make a folder in your mission called: "mcc\general_scripts\traps".

Then copy from MCC Sandbox traps folder to you mission trap folder this 3 scripts:

1. put_trap.sqf.

2. ied_disarm.sqf

3. IED.sqf

In the init.sqf file of your mission (if you don't have any make one) put thouse lines:

IEDJammerVehicles = ["M2A3_EP1", "HMMWV_M1151_M2_CZ_DES_EP1", "HMMWV_M1151_M2_DES_EP1"];
IEDDisarmTimeArray = [10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 120, 180, 240, 300];

You can edit them. IEDJammerVehicles is the classnames of the vehicles that can jam radio triggered IEDs. And the IEDDisarmTimeArray is the amount of time in second it will take to disarm the IED.

Now in the 2D editor put an invisable heli pad and put this in the init

[getpos this, trapkind , trapvolume, IEDExplosionType, IEDDisarmTime , IEDJammable, IEDTriggerType, trapdistance, iedside, IedName] execVM "mcc\general_scripts\traps\put_trap.sqf"

Edit the values as you see fit:

trapkind: Classname of the given object like "SatPhone".

trapvolume: Size of the explodion "small", "medium", "large".

IEDExplosionType: 0 - for deadyl, 1 - disabling, 2 -fake.

IEDDisarmTime: which one of the values will be selected from the IEDDisarmTimeArray. 0 will choose the first value.

IEDJammable: 0 - yes, 1 - no.

IEDTriggerType: always 0.

trapdistance: the distance in meters for triggering the IED. Don't choose values > then 50.

iedside: the targeted side west, east, resistance, civilian.

IedName: just type some string in it will not work on the 2D.

example:

[getpos this, "SatPhone", "large", 1, 2, 0, 0, 30, west, "dummy"] execVM "mcc\general_scripts\traps\put_trap.sqf"

Well it isn't simple and you'll still need ACE for it. But it should work. Keep in mind that the idea behind MCC Sandbox is let people without the knoladge in scripting to make great missions in notime.

Let me know if it is working for you.

Well just tested it now and it is working for me, Here is what I've put in the init of the invisable H.

nul = [getpos this, "Land_Pneu", "large", 1, 2, 0, 0, 30, east, "dummy"] execVM "mcc\general_scripts\traps\put_trap.sqf"

Shay,

Was directed here from the MCC thread by yourself for some guidance on getting the IED's working outside of MCC itself. I seem to be having the same problems as Clock. I've set it up as per the instructions above but at the moment there doesn't appear to be any explosion when the IED is triggered. Although the trigger fires at the correct distance and targetting the correct side the spawned object just disappears. Everything else appears to be working including the IED detonating on a failed attempt to defuse, it just seems to be the proximity trigger that is deleting the object but not creating the necessary bang! I'd really appreciate any further advice as i'm really keen to get this functionality into a mission i'm working on.

Cheers

Oh yeah yeahh, I forgot you'll need the mcc functions from mcc\pv_handlings\mcc_functions.sqf. Copy it to your mission folder and put that in the init:

nul=[] execVM "mcc_functions.sqf";