Sign in to follow this  
kylania

IED Module

Absolutely! The amount of scripting required to get this happening is a PITA! And we DESPERATELY need some appropriate visual objects in this as well aka

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10029

- Also include the ability to limit who can disarm (optional i.e. specific class of even specify a custom unit name)

- Ability to link deactivation also (optional) to specific gear (user specified) eg a (mythical) ACE_Leatherman in the same way ACE wirecutters for wire fences

- Alterable amount of time required to disarm (think of what a designer can do if the disarm process takes 60 + seconds......., and terminating the process leads to IEDdetonation or something.... :bounce3::bounce3: (yes I'm an evil mission designer... think fireteam trying to protect disarmer from insurgent sniping...)))

- Also include IEDs attachable to people aka:

76A7Pqa_Q4M

(idea courtesy of Pogomans brilliant ARMA1 Insurgency mission; BRING IT ON FOR OA POGO!!!!!!!)

Edited by gnarly_rider

Absolutely! The amount of scripting required to get this happening is a PITA! And we DESPERATELY need some appropriate visual objects in this as well aka

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10029

- Also include the ability to limit who can disarm (optional i.e. specific class of even specify a custom unit name)

- Ability to link deactivation also (optional) to specific gear (user specified) eg a (mythical) ACE_Leatherman in the same way ACE wirecutters for wire fences

- Alterable amount of time required to disarm (think of what a designer can do if the disarm process takes 60 + seconds......., and terminating the process leads to IEDdetonation or something.... :bounce3::bounce3: (yes I'm an evil mission designer... think fireteam trying to protect disarmer from insurgent sniping...)))

- Also include IEDs attachable to people aka:

76A7Pqa_Q4M

(idea courtesy of Pogomans brilliant ARMA1 Insurgency mission; BRING IT ON FOR OA POGO!!!!!!!)

:eek::yay:

We started work on this a long while back in the scripts thread. Unfortunately the lead coder has stopped playing Arma 2.

We had IED vests working and were moving to planting IEDs on roads / in cars etc... :(

I'm working on some basic IED models (well, I say models, I mean I just made a wire sticking out the ground and otherwise gonna use pre-existing/ied_objects pack) and some scripts to try and throw into a module

Gonna be relatively dynamic, hopefully (you'd place a few game-logics where you want and then it would choose randomly from there) with some disarm/elimination options

Those revive missions on that island were epic avgani if my memory serves me.

Lets get more in the way of hidden snipers in missions so we can use our new arty ,and house to house battles as well.Units in buildings scripts from way back were superb.

Some spanish lad made em for RHS russian units or something back in arma.

Edicaio or something it was called.

Gonna drink som ribena and calm down,I'm all fired up now.

*Hi CALL911 - its actually me SSD from around but I think I called Wolle fat back in 2006 and got banned or something*

Hi Wolle!

:yay:

Edited by skiddy

I also would like to see remotely detonated IEDs that can be placed on/in vehicles. Toss a coin to see who in your rag tag squad gets to be the latest advanced guidance system :)

I would like to see a proper IED module too, plus the ability to change their "possiblity of presence" thingy, Would be good fun.

Perhaps a chance for it to be a dud, as of luck, or something. Lots of things could be done here. :)

An IED module (like the VBS one showed) would be SO awesome, especially after Arrowhead has come out. I cross my fingers that BIS sees a demand for this. I would also have no problem with paying for it as DLC! Anything to have a proper working IED system.

An IED module (like the VBS one showed) would be SO awesome, especially after Arrowhead has come out. I cross my fingers that BIS sees a demand for this. I would also have no problem with paying for it as DLC! Anything to have a proper working IED system.

100% agree on this !

A module that can allow IEDs to detonte when an enemy units is close without further scripting would be epic !!!

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what would this module offer that couldn't be accomplished by fairly elementary scripting? In one of my old missions I used the gravesite object to simulate a buried IED, complete with a nearby unit to act as the detonator.

Hi guys,

I am quite new at creating missions and still find the process too complicated.

I would like to know the answer for a couple of questions that perhaps people more experienced in the creation of missions might know:

1- can IEDs be activated randomly? i mean if you put 5 IEDs in a map, but you want only 1 or 2 of them to detonate randomly if the target reaches the trigger area, etc. Every time the same mission starts, 1 or 2 or 4... IEDs will detonate randomly, or even might not detonate at all, so the missions are different every time.

2- can IEDs be activated by animals? i.e. in Afghanistan there have been cases of DIEDs (or Donkey activated IEDs) etc. Can we make a rabbit, or a sheep detonate and IED (i.e. "activated by-eastern-rabbit" :)

3- Can suicidal bombers be set up to only detonate if any of the west players kill a civilian (like kind of revenge in real life), or even if one of the civilians killed is grouped to him (like a memeber of his family) etc.

4-Are there EFPs or there is a way to simulate and EFP?

I would appreciate if someone could help me to find an answer for these questions.

thanks a lot

Gmork

Edited by Gmork
spelling mistakes,etc

Maybe I'm missing something here, but what would this module offer that couldn't be accomplished by fairly elementary scripting? In one of my old missions I used the gravesite object to simulate a buried IED, complete with a nearby unit to act as the detonator.

The point is two fold. First, to make IED objects part of the core game so we don't need addons just for what's basically a major part of current warfare. It would be like the M16 only being available, model and usage wise, as an Addon. (which it basically is with OA, but whatever. hehe)

Secondly it would allow usage of IEDs in all their forms without having to script in extensive triggers/scripts/addons/whatever. It's basically to make a core part of what's being simulated to actually be a core part of the simulation.

Hi guys,

I am quite new at creating missions and still find the process too complicated.

I would like to know the answer for a couple of questions that perhaps people more experienced in the creation of missions might know:

1- can IEDs be activated randomly? i mean if you put 5 IEDs in a map, but you want only 1 or 2 of them to detonate randomly if the target reaches the trigger area, etc. Every time the same mission starts, 1 or 2 or 4... IEDs will detonate randomly, or even might not detonate at all, so the missions are different every time.

Yes, and no. Currently AI can have their IEDs set off via triggers or commanded to do so. You can do pretty much anything via scripting though, including what you describe there.

2- can IEDs be activated by animals? i.e. in Afghanistan there have been cases of DIEDs (or Donkey activated IEDs) etc. Can we make a rabbit, or a sheep detonate and IED (i.e. "activated by-eastern-rabbit" :)

Sure, again via scripting.

3- Can suicidal bombers be set up to only detonate if any of the west players kill a civilian (like kind of revenge in real life), or even if one of the civilians killed is grouped to him (like a memeber of his family) etc.

Yup, scripting. Sense a theme? :)

4-Are there EFPs or there is a way to simulate and EFP?

No, and I'm not entirely sure how to simulate it. Perhaps by using a AP round for the explosion rather than HE?

Personally I'd like to see one that's hidden better as these are far too easy to spot and only an idiot would go near it.

BIS please do this as DLC! I'd gladly pay for a "Mission Editor's Enhancement Module" or something to that effect. The stuff like this IED Module from VBS would be killer.

thanks for your answers Kylania, i think I will join a programation course if we want to use the editor.

Do you know of any plac where this is taught?

cheers

Gmork

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

by the way, the link you send is quite interesting.

it would be great if BI could do something similar to this ;)

thanks for your answers Kylania, i think I will join a programation course if we want to use the editor.

Do you know of any plac where this is taught?

cheers

Gmork

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

by the way, the link you send is quite interesting.

it would be great if BI could do something similar to this ;)

take a look at ofpec.com i found it great place to start

Simple question. After searching forums up and down I couldnt find it so ill jsut ask does any IED rather it be scripted or Module Work in Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead Demo? I have tried numerous Syntax lines but I think the problem is there isnt an GBU or anything explosive in the demo besides a satchel and I cant get that too work Any help would be apeciated My friends and I all decided to DL this Demo and weve been playing until we can afford the game. Ive been using the editor and I am using it as a starter tool for when i get the actual game to learn the basics and some scripts Thanks if you can help at all I have been searching high and low with no success for an answer to this.