Sign in to follow this  
Global Enforcer

shots fired to right of crosshair in 1.30

(sorry if this has been said b4, i havent read all the bugs yet) But if you set a map and place a guy a few feet or so away from you and aim your (white) crosshair at his head, and shoot, youll miss, and if you switch to you optics (like we all should, but sometimes dont need to) youll notice its moved to the right of the guys head...

It is a feature, not a bug. If you shoot without using the ironsight it is considered as a snapshot. It's supposed to be less accurate than a careful aim through the sight. Try aiming in 3rd person mode! The aim is even more off!

I have also noticed, at least with the sniper rifles, that wind is taken into account. In other words, sometimes it will be to the right, sometimes to the left, sometimes dead on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from zovirl on 1:02 am on Nov. 15, 2001

I have also noticed, at least with the sniper rifles, that wind is taken into account.  In other words, sometimes it will be to the right, sometimes to the left, sometimes dead on.  <span id='postcolor'>

I can back you up with that one. Wind really does count.

i never noticed the moved crosshair before 1.30 (i dont think..) oh-well, its still the best darn game ive ever played!

Shots being affected by wind are pretty friggin annoying when you cant adjust due to the lack of a wind direction indicator.

Also calling some of these bugs 'features' is funny. Its like a used car sales man telling you that a flat tyre is a feature because you dont need to check the pressure anymore.

I've fired plenty of rifles in the past and im pretty darned sure I wouldn't need to use the sights to hit someone in the head at 1m.

Thats my whinge for the day. Overall the game is great but these and other bugs(features) are starting to wear a bit thin.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from Devilchaser on 1:52 am on Nov. 15, 2001

But unfortunately there is nothing to indicate wind direction

<span id='postcolor'>

There is but it's a bit tricky... Take a shot at the ground and see which way the puff of dust goes... That's where the wind blows...

And when someone hear your shoot your 10 secs from death...

Whats the point of sniping if one have to reveal the position BEFORE one actually shoot the first shot...

I can back up the accuracy thing, and yes, I do have a legal CD (so this is not FADE kicking in - err, it SHOULDN'T be anyways!).

I have on MANY occasions tried sniping people from less than 500 meters away and missed horribly!

I have my res at 1280x1024, so I can see stuff quite well, and I target them first, so it tells me their distance, and I even have this problem with people merely 100m away from me. With the M21, I notice that even if I've been crouched and not panting at all for minutes, I have to follow the target for like 5-10 seconds before I can get a good shot on him. Like if there's an enemy walking around, or even standing still, and I just whip my gun to him (in scope mode of course), and wait a second or two, and fire, it never hits him. This is REALLY frustrating when you're a sniper WITHOUT a silencer (you gotta add a silencer!) because you go for that head shot and miss terribly, then they all scramble sad.gif

I've even waited 10 seconds aimed at a dudes head and fired, and I miss. I find the sniper rifle the most annoying of all weapons, because it should be the most accurate, but I get better accuracy from my MP5 than I do with the M21! And if there are wind effects that I don't know about, they shouldn't be STRONG enough to deviate a bullet from hitting it's target 100-200m away - unless it's a tornado or hurricane or something, but then why doesn't the ENEMY have a hard time hitting me wink.gif

Thats about my only big problem with the weapons - some accuracy adjustments must be made :\ Issues with most of the rocket launchers too, don't seem to actually 'hit' their target, even though the rocket went straight for them.

They are if you don't aim for the part of the body you want to hit tounge.gif

Maybe this is just a video alignment issue after all, in which case there's no real way to fix it I'd assume unless there was like a "Targeting reticle calibration" thingy or something.. I dunno, I'm not a game coding genie, but I do know for a fact that for both me and my roommate, with different systems altogether, both our guns aim way off.

>But unfortunately there is nothing to indicate wind

>direction

Throw a smoke grenade.

And about missing when sniping: I think that the lack of drift in any of the weapons and the really too small recoil make things to easy. You shoulda see people snipe with the MP5, disgusting!

Anyway, I prefer a realistic game over one that hits the same pixel with each shot!

HTH