Sign in to follow this  
Bozmore

[OA SP CP] Operation Peacekeeper

Bozmore, we downloaded the latest version (.048B) you have and we ran into these issues:

I played it in multiplayer and there are only 2 missions, called Intro & Start.....they are both the same mission? There is nothing else.

My buddy played it in single player and once he completed the first mission he crashed with an error saying the "Improper Campaign Packaging"? He was also very confused with what was going on because he was just jumping to scene to scene.

We both ran into this script error when the intro or start mission completed, No Entry 'Campaigns\operation peacekeeper no ace\description.ext/Campaign/Beginning.02Training.utes'

When we downloaded .04b it only gave us 1 pbo, not 2 pbo's one for vanilla and one for ACE.

any other download mirrors?

the download site you give is nothing but pop ups????

I still like it !

good house-to-house-fighting, I'm at #ElectionDay/Zargabad, maybe little too many units placed for my rig => I'm creeping around with av. fps 15, so hoping for next scenarios, hopefully away from the main city ;)

question #1: i'm playing still with 0.4betahotfix ... when I go and write the new .pbo (0.48b, I think) over my old one (0.4betahotfix), so the saves are useless, or aren't they ?

question #2: i can't get medic support (there's nothing in the crates, or is there ? and my team isn't able to heal, or are they ?) - this @0.4betahotfix and no ACE-Mod loaded

Edited by langgis08

EEK, soo much stuff:). Okay, as i have said before, i am sorry for the slow responses every weekday because i work 8-6 EST. So now for the Q&A.

Bozmore, we downloaded the latest version (.048B) you have and we ran into these issues:

I played it in multiplayer and there are only 2 missions, called Intro & Start.....they are both the same mission? There is nothing else.

My buddy played it in single player and once he completed the first mission he crashed with an error saying the "Improper Campaign Packaging"? He was also very confused with what was going on because he was just jumping to scene to scene.

We both ran into this script error when the intro or start mission completed, No Entry 'Campaigns\operation peacekeeper no ace\description.ext/Campaign/Beginning.02Training.utes'

When we downloaded .04b it only gave us 1 pbo, not 2 pbo's one for vanilla and one for ACE.

1)Problem with the .ext. fixed

2)If you are running .4b, you will need the hotfix version, which is no longer available, but i am almost certain that .48b works just as well, i will check when i finish typing answers. I really appreciate Armaholic hosting a mirror for the missions, but after like 6 est, you will have to come to the bi forums for the latest versions, or check the armaholic forum topic, because Big has to manually update the news feed, which i assume is a time consuming process, and i often come out with multiple patches after that time because of when i get out of work.

3)the problem with no mission in multiplayer is that it isn't optimized for co-op: there is only one playable person.

3)

v0.4b

-added new mission "Intro"

-"inauguration" should now play

-removed ACE version

quoted directly from the main post :)

langiss's turn

1) thank you

2)if you rename the .pbo before starting the campaign, then you can start a seperate campaign for .48b, but as far as i know, you cannot transfer saves. i suppose that if you really wanted those saves you could go to MyDocuments/Arma2OtherProfiles/YourProfile/UserSaves/MissionName or something like that, and copy it over to the new missions. Time consuming, but it might work, unfortunately there is no way for me to automatically make it do this.

3)

Yes it is still compatable with ACE, that just pretty much took out the medic module,

thank you for all of your questions, kMaN i will make sure i test to see if the latest campaign version is running smoothly. also, plz note this is NOT optimized for coop, and i dont even know how you got it to work. It will be optimized soon, but not yet.

My plan: Finish all missions that i know that i want already-> make co-op optimized -> remake ACE version with medic module -> its a secret.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 PM ----------

*Updated*

Edited by Bozmore

Hi mate, tried your original release, enjoyed it and got up to VIP, then i downloaded the last two versions, one being today, 48b, same as the version before i get an error when the cutscene of the c130 takes of to taki ''error in campaign structure'' . and a crash to desktop, not sure what it could be. However even with the small part of the campaign i've done then, really enjoyed the mood and atmosphere.

v0.48bhotfix

-fixed 'description.ext' errors on missions '01Intro' and '02TrainingDay'

did you try this hotfix? i am glad to hear you seem to be enjoying it for the most part though

edit: i have reuploaded the hotfix just to make sure that it is the one i am currently using because i just played through the whole campaign without any bugs.

Edited by Bozmore

Hi mate, tried your original release, enjoyed it and got up to VIP, then i downloaded the last two versions, one being today, 48b, same as the version before i get an error when the cutscene of the c130 takes of to taki ''error in campaign structure'' . and a crash to desktop, not sure what it could be. However even with the small part of the campaign i've done then, really enjoyed the mood and atmosphere.

Same "error in campaign structure" for me, crashes with hotfix, too:confused:

okay, well i really dont know whats going on and its really frustrating lol, i will try to get it all fixed ASAP sorry for the inconvenience

no probs, no errors (except "no sound intro blablub" in the beginning) here with latest release :-)

just this one

in mission "inauguration" there are no tasks -> opening map shows no open tasks and no task-folder ? or will this to be followed during mission ? the streets look very empty, too ;-) -- all with 0.48betahotfix

great cp, election day was hell on earth !!

very good, ill solve the stupid sound issue, and ill get back to work on it, but i am going on vacation for a month so..

have a nice time @holidays, Bozmore ... and thx a lot for your work so far.

I really like your cp most because it has such a brilliant reference to what actual happens in real in that region - those hidden attacks, enemies coming out of nowhere etc ... and of course the political aspect of it that provides an immersive background.

good stuff, really

you should add in the BIS first aid modules to the non ace version. that would help with survivability a lot. I would synch them to both friendlies and enemies because I personally find wounded enemies to be more real. good start of a campaign though. I like the concept.