Sign in to follow this  
Bozmore

[OA SP CP] Operation Peacekeeper

Hi, well ive made missions in the editor for myself for a while, but i figured id start spreading the joy. Im going to make a user made campaign for OA. Details are as follow

Features:

1) Based off of the 2010 UN agenda for operations in Afghanistan. Can be found here

2) Both ACE and non-ace versions to be released

3) Uses ACE medic module for ACE users (Removed until further notice)

4) Final version will contain x missions (Used to be 8 but will probably now be about 15)

5) No four men up against the red army scenarios

6) Post occupations COIN ops

Releases:

v0.48bhotfix

-fixed 'description.ext' errors on missions '01Intro' and '02TrainingDay'

v0.48b

-Added Mission "Arrival"

v0.45b

-Added Mission "Training Day"

-Removed Mission "VIP" (It may come back, but it was far too buggy, and i will have to rebuild it from the ground up.)

v0.4bhotfix

-fixed issue "Intro" not ending

v0.4b

-added new mission "Intro"

-"inauguration" should now play

-removed ACE version

v0.3b

-added new mission "Inauguration

-Added taskHint to "Election Day" and "VIP"

-Added objective markers to "Election Day" and "VIP"

-Both ACE and non ACE versions included

v0.2b

-is now in campaign format (install to arma2/campaigns folder)

-added new mission "Election Day" complete with objectives and intel

-non ACE version included

v0.16b

-non ACE fixed

-added objectives

-changed mission endpoint

v0.15b

-non ACE version added

-removed CBAAO dependebility

v0.1b hotfix

-added briefing

-tweaked difficulty and enemy ai positioning

-fixed that Safid tried to board the car before you got their

-mission actually plays on computers that are not owned by me:)

v0.1b

-just the first scenario, not in campaign format yet, still needs to be copied to the arma2/missions folder

-really, just to see weather or not anybody is going to even like my work

-currently there is only an ACE version

-no briefing yet

Required AddOns

Arma 2

Operation Arrowhead

Screenies to come very soon. Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is deeply appreciated. This is my first time releasing one of my missions to the public, and im bound to screw something up so please be patient. Thank you.

Edited by Bozmore

hey, when I go into the campaign menu I get the error: 'campaigns\operation_peacekeeper\description.ext.Campaign'

Then, your campaign is listed as a blank space on the menu. I click on it, hit start, choose a difficulty, then I'm greeted by: No entry '.Campaign'.

Then it puts me back at the campaign menu.

hey, when I go into the campaign menu I get the error: 'campaigns\operation_peacekeeper\description.ext.Campaign'

Then, your campaign is listed as a blank space on the menu. I click on it, hit start, choose a difficulty, then I'm greeted by: No entry '.Campaign'.

Then it puts me back at the campaign menu.

Have you read this ?

-just the first scenario, not in campaign format yet, still needs to be copied to the arma2/missions folder

;)

Ah sorry, I read it on the Armaholic page which clearly states: 'Extract the .pbo file(s) to your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Campaigns folder.', and didn't notice the 'notes'.

EDIT: Putting the .pbo file in the /missions folder does nothing. It doesn't show up in the single mission listing.

Edited by Kovah85

crap it is working on mine. ik, mr. big messed up the install. I am working on a hotfix as i type this, please be patient.

edit- hotfix is here

Edited by Bozmore

Please don't make ACE required. Oops, my mistake. After actually reading what you wrote, I realized that you plan a non-ACE version, too.

:) its okay, however, i am going to speed up production on the non ACE version, and the first mission will probably be released tommorrow that doesnt require ACE.

Ty. I'm looking forward to having user-made campaigns for OA. :)

that means that i fd something up wen removing the ace dependebility, im on it. I will get this mission to work if it kills me

edit: v0.16b is here, includes no ACE hotfix

Edited by Bozmore

Success! Thanks a lot Bozmore, that's some incredible service!

:), you think that now, just wait about five min... ull c

edit: v0.2b is here

Edited by Bozmore

Bozmore,thx for this good cp and for political background / your link to UNO

one thing (maybe spoiling ahead, so hided the following)

how can I force safid to enter suv after having accomplished speech 1 (1st scenario, it's ticked green and now I want to move with my team and safid to waypoint of speech 2, but safid doesn't enter the suv, me and my team's already inside ... there's still enemies around but task "speech 1" is completed/green, do I have to eleminate all enemies around ?

thx in advance

edit: playing ACE-Version, 0.3b

edit2: after having reloaded last savegame several times spoiled problem finally has been solved "automatically" now :-)

Edited by langgis08

@langgis, i am very happy to hear problem is solved. For anybody who may need to know in the future, the answer to Langiss's hidden question about enemies is no.

After driving 20min trough chernarus and trying to check in, nothing happens.....:rolleyes:

hmmm.... thats not good :confused: i am very sorry for that, just use the end mission cheat i suppose. Ill figure out a fix in the meantime

well i dont wanna be an as**** but now i used the endmission cheat and theres the next problem:p

if i drive to the VIP, he just runs to the next WP, instead of gettin into my SUV lol. no need to excuse man..

hotfix released. it fixes the mission not ending issue. As for the man not getting in the SUV, idk. langgis has the same problem apparently, and he got his to go again after many reloads, although i understand this is not acceptable state.

just remember: it does say beta for a reason, however i am sorry for the mission breaking issues.

Awsome concept of a campaign!

But heres some issues i came across:

Mission one:

- At first speech I assume with so many enemies attacking, UN soldiers with safid would just leave the place because i doubt no one would listen to a speech in that huge firefight or?

- Killed alot of enemies still they keep comming. (played for 2hrs in speech 1) and Safid dont want to enter the car event tho the objective is done.

- Restarted the mission and filled the car up with medic stuff, weapons and ammo at the start. Went to pick up Safid only to discover that he wanted to run to the next waypoint instead of entering the car. Tried to reload save like 5 times and drive to the pickup spot again with same result. End Missioned after that.

Mission two:

- Was impossible to play was having major issues with the FPS that I havent had before. Endmission, that one to and that was the end. ( My system: 3ghz dualcore, clocked to 3,4ghz. ATI radeon 5850, 4gb RAM, SSD disk.)

A suggestion might be to remove some units.

Hope you continue the work :)

Edited by Catchy

thx Bozmore for your work :-)

just loaded 0.4b_hotfix and got this after "receiving": "sound intro_v01 not found" - is this "normal" meaning just the state of the beta or is there something wrong on my side (playing vanilla @official OA-beta)?

and: does removing ACE Version mean "Operation Peacekeeper No ACE.pbo" isn't compatible to ace ?

EDIT: seems to be working @ace, still ;-)

really, concept of your cp is great

Edited by langgis08

thank you very much for the positive feedback langgis and catchy, i was starting to wonder :) yes, the sound is just part of the beta, im just not fixing a release just to fix that one issue. Yes it is still compatable with ACE, that just pretty much took out the medic module, ill probably put it back in later, but i have enough to do already without juggling two campaign versions. I am sorry for the late reply, but i work from 8-6 in the US, so it doesnt really align well with the European time zones. Fixing the "VIP" mission (the one with the speeches) is going to be high priority in the next patch. IF i dont fix it, i will just remove it untill i do. With such large missions, it is often difficult to balance gameplay, and fps.

---------- Post added at 11:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

*updated*

Edited by Bozmore