Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

AO marker colour switch - siezed by..

Hi,

I have searched the forum to find what I am looking for, but after browsing +60 threads I havent found the awnser, hence this new thread.

I am looking for a way to change the AO marker colour from red to green when the area is captured (like in MP Domination).

So I have placed some opfor troops in a town and the town has a red solid marker around the town and when my team has eliminated the troops I want the marker to change to green or when my team has captured key buildings.

I am hoping that it does not require a seperate .ext file, because thats when the scripting trouble usually starts for me :)

I assume it needs a trigger 'siezed by' switch with some scripting in the 'on act'?

I also looked in the scripting guide, but could not find anything about that either. Can anyone point me in the right direction or even better can some one write the code so that I can paste in to the trigger or/and .ext?

Scripting is really not my thing, but I so want to finish the mission I am working on.

"markerName" [url="http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setMarkerColor"]setMarkerColor[/url] "ColorGreen";

Seized By works a little differently than a straight "Is everything dead?" trigger:

Seized by <side> - Will activate when the seizing size is deemed to be in control of the area. This trigger type works with the Timeout Counter values - a low level of dominance will activate the trigger after a period of time close to the max timeout, and visa versa. Depending on unit types, the seizing side can be completely outnumbered (4:1) and still satisfy the minimum required level of presence for the Maximum timeout counter. This trigger type can also be used with the any Detected By <side> option, meaning only units known to the Detected By side will be considered by the seized by calculation. This can easily create some interesting area domination effects. For example, a Seized by BLUFOR trigger using the Detected By BLUFOR option will activate when BLUFOR think they have seized the area, while the same trigger using Detected by OPFOR option will activate when OPFOR think BLUFOR have seized the area. The Not Present option inverts the triggers normal behaviour (ie, Not Seized by <side>).
Edited by kylania

Activation: Seized by or Opfor, Not present

onAct: "markerName" setmarkercolor "ColorGreen";

Thanks a million, I should get it to work now!

edit: works perfectly now. Thanks again :)

Edited by B00tsy