CoriolisForce

Saitek X52 Joystick

Is your X-52 activated in the game ?

Go: settings, controls, controllers

You will see the X-52 is detected (and trackIR if you have it)

On the bottom of the screen, there is a enable/disable button, so maybe it's disabled ?

I have x-52 and it was already activated and working fine, I just had to configure the axis in the game and all the buttons are configured in the SST profile.

and im using the older x35 and x36, stick and throttle units, and are working fine... just ordered my track ir 5...

The x52 is enabled in ArmA II. Out of curiosity at one point I disabled it and got BSOD, so on restart Vista and went back into ArmA II and re-enabled it.

I wasn't sure where to post this so I'm sorry in advance if this is in the wrong area. I have a saitek joystick, never had a problem with it in all my time with arma 2 until i bought OA. I got into the controls panel to configure my joystick controls, no problem. I fly around a bit, still no problem. I discover I want to change one of the controls so i do that, but now all the joystick controls have been erased. :confused: I have to put them all back in, play for a while, then the controls get erased again. What's going on??

Then I have no clue what is causing your control settings to be erased.

Maybe your USB ID number for the Joystick is changing? Are you unplugging and plugging it back in?

Well I played OA for a couple hours today and no problem. Maybe I just had to restart the game I guess?

Well I'm glad I saw your post as I was skimming the forums. I recently bought a Saitek X52 Pro, and purchased the retail OA just yesterday. I noticed the exact same problem. All my mappings just completely disappeared on more than one occasion.

I'm going to test it out a little more tonight, but this was very odd. I'm not entirely sure whether the settings are stored in the users Profile, but it would be nice to have a save function, just to know, the mappings have been save to a file somewhere.

I get the feeling ArmA2 can also use hardware profiles... god knows how or where.

cheers

Same.

I get the same issue its very bizzar, as it seems to happen randomly. Sometimes the joystick works (in which case all keyboard mapping is fine) and sometimes it doesnt (in which case sometimes all the keyboard mapping goes or just some of it)

Hey all, I've been flying with the x52 in ArmA 2 for a while and I find it to still be a difficult task after messing around with a bunch of stuff and making my own profiles. Currently I have my stick set to control the mouse and all flight is done by mouse movement. (Regular input is VERY laggy on the X52 and it's really annoying to wait those .4 milliseconds for response to sensitive flight.

The mouse setup is very nice but I feel like it still lags quite a bit.

My question is: Does anyone have a nice profile setup for the Saitek X52 joystick? I'd prefer a regular X52 profile instead of the PRO version but I can just copy it over to a regular .pr0 file.

Yes I have used search and did not find what I was looking for. Perhaps I didn't look hard enough.

THanks in advance!

-DropoftheGun

I have an X52 pro. I haven't setup a profile as yet and just use the ingame mapping for now. I haven't observed any lag ingame, although I wouldn't think .4ms would be even perceptibly noticeable.

Some have mention on the forums that they have observed a considerable lag if there are conflicts with multiple mappings from input devices, just something to check. And you can always inc. the sensitivity of the device ingame, or change the deadzones externally.

cheers

Hi mate

I wouldn't bother with profiles....it's easier just to assign different actions to your joystick in the game options within Arma.

I set my joystick up in game and combined with my TrackIR setup, flying choppers & jets is a joy...makes it easier to land. (Especialy with a hot lz)

Rgds

Monkman

Yeah but the x52 has some MAJOR input lag...that's why I'm asking for profiles that work pretty well.

It's also not .4 ms I just guessed. I also meant seconds I guess, it's REALLY BAD lag.

Hi mate

I wouldn't bother with profiles....it's easier just to assign different actions to your joystick in the game options within Arma.

Hi, I have a question related to this topic.

Does the game by default recognize ALL the various buttons and hat-switches on a joystick ? In other words, could the game assign keybindings to even a complex joystick without needing to run the joystick's software ? I am thinking of trying this wonderful-sounding game, and would like to do so with a good joystick, if possible. Thanks!

My x52 seems fine, i use the profile and using the ingame options. Try adjusting the set up of the stick in the control panel . Check your deadzones

ALl the deadzones are fine, trust me I've done everything. There's just some input lag in the controls.

Example: Quickly more the x axis left and let go (center) once it gets back to the center the vehicle turns and then stops a little after.

I too have the stick working. Except that I am unable set a any button on the joy stick to fire anything. Has anyone had this problem and gotten it fixed?

Gpruitt54

im not sure what your problem is man, I have both the Saitek X45 and X52, and both work fine.

you will notice a slight change on control response in playing online, but thats true to most intensive online games. very noticeable in high damage model shooters where split seconds make the difference.

There are numerous threads specifically about Saitek X52 so there was no need to start another, I've merged a bunch of the recent ones together.

Thanks for the locations. This may be old hat to you guys, but this is all new to me. So, a little patience, please.

I am convinced that something is wrong. the only command that I am unable to link to the Saitek X52 is the fire button. No button aside from the mouse will fire any weapon.

But, thanks for the potential direction.

Gpruitt54

Edited by Gpruitt54