Sign in to follow this  
mcarma

noob needs help - just purchased the games

I just purchased Arma 2 Combined Operations.

I installed Arma II.

I then installed Arma II OA which applied the 1.06 patch to Arma II.

Now I am somewhat confused about what other patches need to be installed.

Can someone help me out please?

Also if there are patches for both games, is it mandatory to patch AII before AIIOA?

I have downloaded from the official website the AIIOA patch version 1.50 to 1.52. My AIIOA is now at version 1.50.70996. Should I apply the 1.50to1.52 patch?

Also I was in the Options section for keyboard assignments and I clicked on Next button and the AIIOA CTD. I was shocked ... I thought those kinds of bugs would be non-existent. Are there any instructions on how to operate the keyboard assignments section?

Anyway maybe by tonight I will be able to get some game time. lol

Thanks in advance.

All you need is the 1.52 patch - that will also update ArmA2 to 1.07.

Then there is the optional betapatch that includes many fixes and performance optimisations. Even if you install the betapatch you can still play without it. (you will have 2 shortcuts)

Not sure about the controls, but solution to that is probably not to use the next button.

Does anyone know where the keyboard assignments are stored (meaning what file on disk)?

C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofile\Documents\ArmA 2\yourprofile.ArmA2Profile

or

C:\Documents and Settings\yourprofile\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\yourprofile\yourprofile.ArmA2Profile

There are only numbers so you probably won't be able to edit the keys, but I'm pretty sure that you can edit it ingame without the use of the "next" button.

I installed the 1.50to1.52 patch and the Next button appears to be working so far. Although I have no idea if the patch fixed it.

Also thanks for the file pathes.

Ok. So If I own a regular CD version of ARMA 2 - Not patched yet with the latest 1.7 -

I plan to go buy OA this weekend from Best Buy - Do all I need to do is install OA and patch it to 1.52 (and this will automatically patch my ARAM 2 to 1.7).

Also, is there TWO seperate exe files to launch each gave from?? -- Does