Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Dynamic Sound System RC1

will preparing an island for it work basicly the same? cuz i really wanna use this on my Uruzgan map. it's perfect for it. but i'm pretty close to finishing. so will i have to do everything all over again when the new version comes out?

Making it compatible with islands is our work, not the islandbuilder's. ;)

As I understand it the current system requires a 'sonic map' being built of an area, which shows what parts of the map are to the system.

What would the possibilities be for a backup system that used variables such as: Whether you're standing near a wall, whether you're standing near more than 4 trees, etc. to try and discern the likely soundscape of a unit?

Heya,

Here are some news:

We decided to restart the project with new/better code, SFX and support for all islands. I dont want to promise anything because we had lot of real life issues and problems in the past, but we are still alive and still have interest in developing the system. If everything goes as planned, we can release the new version this summer. Stay tuned. :)

Good to hear mate, really good to hear.

Heya,

Here are some news:

We decided to restart the project with new/better code, SFX and support for all islands. I dont want to promise anything because we had lot of real life issues and problems in the past, but we are still alive and still have interest in developing the system. If everything goes as planned, we can release the new version this summer. Stay tuned.

Sounds great..I just tried the mod again and it would be awesome for more islands.

Thanks for putting your work into it!

looking forward to the next release. (y)

Khaos[=-;1869577']Hey guys... status? :B

Didnt hear anything for a long time. ^^

I really don't understand why it's so difficult for people to understand that no news means either 1) No news or' date=' 2) Busy. Moderators keep telling us to not dig up threads to ask about news, since the creator is more than fully capable up updating their threads as news surfaces. But anyways, to just restate:

Heya,

Here are some news:

We decided to restart the project with new/better code, SFX and support for all islands. I dont want to promise anything because we had lot of real life issues and problems in the past, but we are still alive and still have interest in developing the system. If everything goes as planned, we can release the new version this summer. Stay tuned. :)

Seeing as how everyone is busy--with development and real life, not to mention we are only coming to the Spring season and not the Summer season--I doubt very much there is any real news other than maybe the occasional, "still working!". :rolleyes::p

Hey Khaos how's your mod going ? Haven't heard any news from you ?

When's it ready? Huh? Huh?

Seriously reading a FEW posts up would have NOT made you look like a fool.

Very nice, been waiting patiently for new updates on what you chaps were doing for OA support, great to know its all coming along in the background. Been waiting for the OA version for some time and I know it will be "fixed" in my addons once it lands, good work.

What do you mean? Other soundguys will have the possibility to create their own dynamic sound mod based on our system, as with the old version.

Meh, I don't remember but I probably said something stupid. Nevermind :)

Hey sounds awsome but just one question and sorry if this is already asked or mentioned somewhere else on the thread just dont have time atm too read everything and i got to go after this post, but is this sound mod compatible with others like JSRS or something to change the sound of the guns or is it still being worked on to change the sound of the guns cause i think they are the standart gun sounds but i could be wrong.

It will contain custom sound effects for weapon firing, handling, sonic cracks, explosions, impacts and maybe environment too.

For your question regarding compatibility:

Other soundguys will have the possibility to create their own dynamic sound mod based on our system, as with the old version.
Edited by tpM

ACSE.

The improved DSS will be implemented into this. One of its improvements that it can load Chernarus's echo zone coords in a few seconds. :)

I think this thread can be closed.

Edited by tpM