Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Dynamic Sound System RC1

First off, congrats on release. :)

Second, i too prolly did the mistake of running it in CO. Only thing said is that it requires ARMA2 CBA and not ARMA2.EXE so i thaught it might work in CO, but i get no effects. It initializes a pretty long time and do say its done/ready to rock.

I have tested and is beautiful, great immersion.

+working with CSM sound mod

-take a long time to init, however, it's understandable, is only RC.

Congrats on the release, truly innovative addon. Must been a pain to set all those "echo areas" on Chernarus. Good job. =)

-remove this please-

Edited by tpM

Valiant effort tpM & Team, loving it, cant wait for future updates, this mod will be killer!

im downloading now... and a big time problem with it... have to rework my mod for this^^ but this i revolutionary man! Bring us some nice potential to the game.

Thanks so far.

Jarhead

I'm liking this mod a lot. I'm running it with Chammy's and Tango Romeo's and it works brilliantly. I also used it while running ACE and it ran fine. Can't wait for Takistan and the other OA maps to get included (if you are doing them). Keep up the great work. :)

I'm liking this mod a lot. I'm running it with Chammy's and Tango Romeo's and it works brilliantly. I also used it while running ACE and it ran fine. Can't wait for Takistan and the other OA maps to get included (if you are doing them). Keep up the great work. :)

Doesn't Chammy's sounds have some echo built-in, so you get a bit of a double echo?

I tried this last night, and have to say gameplay for me has changed for the better. It's amazing how much more you enjoy playing when the sounds are good. It feels much more alive. I've been playing with A2-specific HiFi, and only noticed the M240 and M249 changed for me sound-wise. Perhaps because I was using the ACE pbo's you included? Other than that, it all worked lovely together without any noticeable issues.

It does take a bit longer for missions to load, however seeing what this offers to me the player, and giving us something BIS should have right from the start and failed to for whatever reason, I find do not find the time increase to be much of a problem at all. If anything, it buys me a bit more time to go for a quick pee or grab something from the fridge. :p ;)

I also noticed, the hangars do still work on maps like Duala...at least for me. Pretty neat!

Overall, a great job indeed and will certainly look forward to future updates with much anticipation and excitement.

Thanks, and keep in mind thats it's not final...

I also noticed, the hangars do still work on maps like Duala...at least for me. Pretty neat!

Yes, I forgot to mention that it should work in stock Arma 2 buildings on any island.

Stunning Addon you have done there. Keep up the good work.

I Just filmed some combat Situations with HARCP.

M7i57oGT8hM

P.S: BIS hire this guy and put this stuff right in to the Game.

What he said. And if you don´t hire him, at least give him your support and magic. pretty please!

Another video, max echo count was set to 16 in the last sequence with BWMod MG3 :turn:

cPRUvjs14Mk

Haha, thanks, but I dont think BIS interested in this, also the sound effects are not good enough (yet) to be in a game officially. :]

And thanks for your videos Mr Burns, I added them to the first post.

GREAT WORK !!! WOULD LOVE IF THESE ADD ACTUALY WORKS ON THE MOST COMMON ISLANDS IN ARMA II (and ofcourse OA)

Thx 4 this !

It adds so muuuch immersion that helps me to play soo much better and save me from dying again and again. It's real firefight now.

I wonder what's everyone's setting?

Doesn't Chammy's sounds have some echo built-in, so you get a bit of a double echo?

If you listen for it, you can hear it but when I'm playing a mission, all I hear is the DDS. The 2 play so close together I don't even notice it most of the time. When I do notice it though, it sounds kinda cool.

So basically, to give you a picture, I hear Chammy's for weapons, Tango's for vehicles, and DDS for the echo's of weapon sounds.

Edited by Blade89

Damn it!!! Still can't get it to work!!!!! I've done exactly what you're supposed to do, still doesn't work! :(

My commandline looks like this:

\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@HARCP;@WarFXParticles;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@TRTV;@TRWV

Damn it!!! Still can't get it to work!!!!! I've done exactly what you're supposed to do, still doesn't work! :(

\ArmA 2\arma2.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -mod=@HARCP;@WarFXParticles;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@TRTV;@TRWV

I think in your commandline is missing @ACE_SM and try to put @HARCP after @ACE_SM.

I think in your commandline is missing @ACE_SM and try to put @HARCP after @ACE_SM.

Nope, still doenst work. Tried that now... :( FFS, I really wanna get my hands on this. :(

Try this:

-mod=@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@HARCP

Then if it's good, you can add more mods before the last one.