Sign in to follow this  
tpM

Dynamic Sound System RC1

Hungarian Arma Community Projects [HARCP] Team is pleased to announce you the release of the Dynamic Sound System v1.0.0 RC (Release Candidate) for Arma 2. Sadly, a few things didnt turn out as we planned, but at least we made it...

Without going into technical details, I can say that the system relies on pre-defined echo locations on islands. This means that we have to make the islands "echo map" first, to make it work on an island. Currently it only supports Utes and Chernarus, but we'll add support for more islands in the future.

You can place echo zones manually in your mission too, but then it will require the Mod to play.

It requires the Arma 2 version of CBA.

Installation:

It works like every other Mod.

Create a modfolder in your Arma 2 dir and name it whatever you want, lets say @HARCP. Then place the "Addons" folder to this from the .zip.

Also place the Userconfig folder to your Arma 2 directory. in Userconfig/harcp/harcp_clientside_config, you can set the maximum number of simultaneously played echoes (default 2), AI firing echo instensity and a few more stuff...

If its done, just start it with a shortcut or Modlauncher.

Shortcut target line params: -mod=@HARCP;@CBA

Created by The HARCP Team:

DancZer - config, scripting

tpM - SFX

2Face - Editor icons, terrain echo coords

Hogthar - Zone models for 3D Editor (debugging purposes)

Videos:

by Mr Burns:

Mirrors: ~40MB

http://danczer.cring.eu/@HARCP.zip

ArmedAssault.Info

ArmedAssault.De

ArmAHolic

Patch to remove "Init" msg from the middle of the screen:

http://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/6928/harcp_sys_dss_1.0.1.zip

Issue tracker at Dev-Heaven:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/harcp/issues

Edited by tpM

Oh, that is fantastic!

You say in the video comment that you are part of the ACE team and it'll be ACE Compatible, my question is, will it be a part of ACE at some point or will it always just remain a second download?

I'm looking forward to the OA version and keep up the good work!

Oh, that is fantastic!

You say in the video comment that you are part of the ACE team and it'll be ACE Compatible, my question is, will it be a part of ACE at some point or will it always just remain a second download?

I'm looking forward to the OA version and keep up the good work!

Dont know yet, will talk about it with the other ACE devs.

Sorry, but we left in a debug message upon throwing grenades. If you downloaded the Mod before 12:40 (UTC+01) then please download this "fixed" file from here.

Cool stuff, but I'd be a big fan of removing the title texts from the menu and mission starts. Not that I'm not appreciative, I'm just a minimalist when it comes to mods being visible. :)

Oh, and I'm occasionally getting a hint pop up when firing the GP on either the AK10thingy or AK74, or throwing RGD5s. EDIT - Seems to be fixed now.

But lovely stuff, no doubt. I'm even more pleased that it works with other sound mods. :)

Edited by CameronMcDonald

:yay: Thx for this innovative addon. Its realy great! Here is our DL-Mirrior and News! :)

Regards Culti

download.jpg

lol watch the start post .. omg

I have seen in the start post. but i need more video ingame.

Edited by nattanakorn

That is awesome. Is there any potential for applying to a variety of sound mods?

Köszönet @tpM, great job, at this time this mod is like fresh air for ArmA 2.

Does it work with OA Weapons on Arma 2 Islands?
It requires the Arma 2 version of CBA.

Its not OA compatible. Until it uses OA version of CBA and has been setup for the OA maps it wont be, although I cannot wait until it is though :)

I have seen in the start post. but i need more .

Is it that hard to work out what it does and to not simply try it yourself? Goto the original thread in the discussion section plenty of chatter about it in that thread.

Q to mod creator, is there a way it can be passed so users can set up the echo placement for maps/3rd party maps, to take the work load from yourselves, or is it a little bit more under the hood and best kept for yourselves to do that side of it?

Edited by mrcash2009

Stunning! Eagerly awaiting the OA version :-)

Thank you so much for you hard work, DancZer, tpM, 2Face & Hogthar!

Thanks for the kind words. :>

Q to mod creator, is there a way it can be passed so users can set up the echo placement for maps/3rd party maps, to take the work load from yourselves, or is it a little bit more under the hood and best kept for yourselves to do that side of it?

Well, its quite time consuming and tricky, but if anyone interested in helping out with it just send me a PM.

Big thanks to Dev.team.

I conducted my tests in editor..and i m eager to try it in ACE Warfare tonight..to see "how this goes"..

I changed the default value to "3"..btw the load goes to CPU i suppose??

Outstanding work. This is quite an innovative Addon and thanks to your scripts, a lot of things can be further done to create the best and the most realistic sounds pack so far.

I don't want to blame BIS audio engineers but this should have been done a while ago.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

TB

Stunning! Eagerly awaiting the OA version :-)

Thank you so much for you hard work, DancZer, tpM, 2Face & Hogthar!

+1

But on Chernarus i´ve experienced endless init times, the hint just would´nt go away and dynamic sounds very rarely worked .... could this be caused by me using the OA exe &/or cba 0.5.0. ?

edit: updating to cba 0.5.1. seems to have fixed the endless loading, it still takes a while but now it actually ends at some point :D

CIqp7kaAKYg

-jUTfPGBMdg

Edited by Mr Burns