Sign in to follow this  
StripesReaper

Arma 2 ACE Thermal vision and it's purpose?

Alright, I was wondering what use is the thermal vision for in Arma 2? When I use it on my M1A1 Abrams it doesnt seem to do anything else but give me a disadvantage. Also, when I switch to the white version of the thermal, the whole screen is just completely white... even during night.

Thermal.jpg

Alright, I was wondering what use is the thermal vision for in Arma 2? When I use it on my M1A1 Abrams it doesnt seem to do anything else but give me a disadvantage. Also, when I switch to the white version of the thermal, the whole screen is just completely white... even during night.

Sounds like it's not working properly for you, possibly a shader problem. May I ask what graphics hardware you're using, aswell as driver version?

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

I am using an ATI Radeon HD 4800

I am not sure which one of these is the version, I will just put another picture so you can see yourself.

thermal2.jpg

well.. if youre just using regular ArmA2 without OA then FLIR isnt going to work like "proper" FLIR. its basically just some filters to fake it.

Yeah, Arma 2 (without OA) FLIR is basically a "black and white" mode with some post processing to blur things, not actual heat vision. Not that OA is actual heat vision, but at least what you see does have something to do with heat...

As the others said - the only solution to this is to get Operation Arrowhead.