Sign in to follow this  
DrDeathGNJ

Red hammer, big nasty unpassable bug! help!

Ok heres the problem....

The mission where you have to "Steal the Refueling Truck" and then drive it back to the Chopper and refuel. Ok now I have refueled the chopper. Then I get a mission update and coordinates to fly to "The Repair Truck". Now I fly over to repair truck and the game at this point says "Go here and wait for others" now when I get to that point a "CUT-SCENE" kicks in showing me landing and getting repaired. Then a mission update happens and I have to go save my comrades. After the cut scene the game's "RETRY" point is updated and the game starts. Well it starts and I instantly crash in CHOPPER? HOw F'inf annoying. No matter how many times I retry from that point the game starts my CHOPPER UPSIDE DOWN! Thtas right you heard it right....UPSIDE DOWN. No matter how hard I try it just either lands on the rotors or crashs. And this is the game doing it not me. After the cut-scene it sticks me in the chopper upside down! WTF!!!

Anyone have this problem? ANyone Fix this problem.

no, I never had a problem on this mission.

after reaching the repair truck landing point, the cut scene was shown and after the auto-save the game started over with me in chopper in the air like before the cut scene.

I don't know if you tried to go down or land, I didn't because it's not necessary.

of course this doesn't help you in your current position, I think you will have to restart the mission and just stay on your same altitude when reaching repair truck.

This bug started happening in the latest patch, I think. There are quite a few threads about this is the 'OFP Missions' forum. Have a look there and try some of the stuff that's suggested.

not sure about that to be a patch problem.

I played the mission twice with 1.46 without problems.

but looking at the mission board is a good idea in either case

Had that bug too, it came with 1.46. The best thing to do is to throttle the second the game begins untill the heli is leveled. Might take you a few times, but eventually, it won't start upside down and you can continue the mission.