Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

One thing I would recommend McNool, is on both your operators regular operators, (or perhaps both) to include that fancy Czech AK-47 that the BI made Czech SF guys are using. There used to be plenty of pics of CIA paramilitary officers over on the militaryphotos.net forum that showed them carrying all kinds of oddball AK variants. Likewise in Iraq, various US Special Operations capable units carried exotic AK variants now and then. So something like the Czech AK's with the aimpoints would not be out of place at all.

Also on the undercover guys, maybe one AT man with an RPG would be good. I don't remember what you had on the undercover guys for an MG gunner but it would most likely be a RPK or a PK in real life. The PK is quite a nice weapon, but a bit heavy, so the RPK might be a better option for long range operations.

Anyways, those are just some suggestions.

Aside from that they all look very good.

Keep up the great work!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Thanks for the input, I'll keep that in mind. :)

I might add some new variants of undercover-units and others someday, but I haven't got anything decided just yet, we'll see what happens in the future! I feel like I don't want to change the loadouts of the old units very much, since people might have created missions based on those loadouts, and it could cause some annoying problems, but adding new variants of the units is quite easy.

Ah, that's a good point. I'm glad that you think along the terms of a mission maker. Many addon makers forget to think about the mission maker or simply don't realize that they can break missions very easily with updates. So thanks for pointing that out. But like you said, new units would be very cool, that way it gives mission makers maximum flexibility and the greatest possible choices without having to manually change weapon loadouts via mission scripting (which is tedious and time consuming looking up classnames and all that).

Oh, I just needed to keep my mind occupied with something. :)

Oh, I just needed to keep my mind occupied with something. :)

Well I'm glad you're mind is good at being awesome, as this addon is full of WIN.

Hope everything works out for you otherwise, just hang in there mate, one thing I've learned on my short time on this planet is that everything always gets better :)

I mean look, its a dancing banana --->:yay:

Thousands of years of human development, technology, and intellect, and we produce dancing bananas. :D

Haha, dancing bananas and virtual war! Gotta love humanity and all our inventions.

By the way, some of these heavy operators will have full DCU-camo, both pants and shirt, for you DCU-lovers. And also, I think I might add some more DCU to the other operators that don't have any yet, the sniper for instance, I think DCU would look good on his model, as he's quite.. plain at the moment. But I'm gonna take my time with this, and test it more before release to avoid having to update it right away. :)

I agree, the operators without DCU look a little off now together with those who do, so yeah, some more DCU will be there.

The undercover operators will remain untouched by this though, for obvious reasons.

I agree, the operators without DCU look a little off now together with those who do, so yeah, some more DCU will be there.

The undercover operators will remain untouched by this though, for obvious reasons.

I don't think the undercover operators don't need DCU, as a matter of fact JSOC/SOCOM units in Afghanistan were still under orders to wear one article of uniform, because only the CIA is allowed to perform covert action missions. Thus, operators technically had to be in uniform to fulfill over action requirements. Although, DCU and woodland is abundant and common uniforms all over the world, where Taliban and Northern Alliance alike wore variations of local garb and DCU or Woodland (which cause chaos and tons of blue on blue), so the operators fit right in.

And personally I think some DCU mixed in with the local 'Takistan' garb would look pretty cool ;)

Otherwise the only thing I'd like to see on the undercovers are more chest rigs/magazine pouches on the units that don't have any. Just me being nitpicky though, this addon is definitely my favorite unit addon by far. And I can't wait for the "hard and heavy" operators! :D

Keep up the excellent work!

While your'e correct, the addon is meant to be useable as a CIA-operators or other black operators aswell, especially the undercover-ones. I MIGHT throw in versions of the undercover-operators with some DCU aswell, and mark them "(DCU)" or something, we'll see. :)

I'm also thinking of maybe adding some ACU-versions aswell, does anyone have a good source for ACU-camo? (this is just a big maybe though, we'll see after I'm done with all the DCU and other things)

Edited by McNools

You could ask Bink, or what about using the UCP (ACU) pattern from the OA addons?

And have you given Multicam or AOR1 any thought? AOR1 and AOR2 were supposedly the new SOCOM pattern . . . but so far only the SEALs and a few CCTs who travel with em have been spotted using them, and the whole Navy has recently adopted AOR1/2 as their "navy type II and type I" patterns (but thats neither here nor there). Multicam owns over in the 'Stan,' so most other SOF units (and now the whole US Army [and UKs military with their own multicam/DPM hybrid]) use Multicam in the field.

But i do like DCU, its old school and BA :)

Not to be picky, but do still plan to figure out how to get your bearded faces to work on other character models/addons?

While your'e correct, the addon is meant to be useable as a CIA-operators or other black operators aswell, especially the undercover-ones. I MIGHT throw in versions of the undercover-operators with some DCU aswell, and mark them "(DCU)" or something, we'll see. :)

I'm also thinking of maybe adding some ACU-versions aswell, does anyone have a good source for ACU-camo? (this is just a big maybe though, we'll see after I'm done with all the DCU and other things)

I would highly recommend using woodland instead of ACU if you are going to add more camo.

You could ask Bink, or what about using the UCP (ACU) pattern from the OA addons?

And have you given Multicam or AOR1 any thought? AOR1 and AOR2 were supposedly the new SOCOM pattern . . . but so far only the SEALs and a few CCTs who travel with em have been spotted using them, and the whole Navy has recently adopted AOR1/2 as their "navy type II and type I" patterns (but thats neither here nor there). Multicam owns over in the 'Stan,' so most other SOF units (and now the whole US Army [and UKs military with their own multicam/DPM hybrid]) use Multicam in the field.

But i do like DCU, its old school and BA :)

Not to be picky, but do still plan to figure out how to get your bearded faces to work on other character models/addons?

Hopefully by the time I enlist in a few years the Army'll have stopped using Multicam. I hate it so much... I like it more than UCP and UCP-D, but I still hate it...

Hopefully by the time I enlist in a few years the Army'll have stopped using Multicam. I hate it so much... I like it more than UCP and UCP-D, but I still hate it...

Its the best camo for keeping you alive in the the 'Stan.'

Cool points don't stop bullets.

In the Armaverse, its one thing to hate a camo, but in the real world, only hate it if it doesn't work. 1.4 million US Army soldiers prayed and begged since 2003 for multicam or a camo that worked better than "UCP." When I enlisted back in 2006, I became one of them. Wish I was still in just so I could get my hands on Multicam . . . otherwise I remember the days of being on an FTX and seeing guys clearly walking on patrol from half a mile away . . .

I know we're WAY off topic, so I'll take this to PM.

Yeah, I do plan on that, we'll see what happens. :) Edit: It will be possible to add the new faces to any (I think so) unit in the next version, aswell as using it as your face in the profile, however, I guess others need to have the addon in order for it to work properly in MP, but I'm not sure.

and about camo, I've never been too fond of multicam (maybe I'm just not used to it), so I probably won't add it, atleast not yet, and I don't like the look of the BIS ACU much, we'll see what happens though, nothing is decided, I'm going to focus on the DCU and these heavy-operators etc. first and foremost. :)

However, if someone were to make an addon adding units with multicam-versions aswell later that depended on this addon, I wouldn't mind (or a standalone, as long as me and the collaborators of this mod are credited for their work). :)

Edited by McNools

A quick update:

Most work for the next version is done, what's left is to fix some minor things up and adding groups for the new units. Then it's testing-time.

A little teaser of what the update will include:

- "Heavy Operator"-version of most of the Operators, with helmets and DCU.

- New M4A3-versions of most of the units equipped with Scar-series rifles, for those who prefer the M4 (I for one often do)

- Several other new units (mostly just new loadouts though)

- More ACE-compability

- Lots of other cleaning up, optimized the addon better etc

AWESOME!

Can't wait.

Some Woodland/Multicam/ACU versions would be very awesome too. I don't care which camo you choose. I just love this addon so much. It has so many units to choose from and it keeps getting better!!

Great job McNools!!

AWESOME!

Can't wait.

Some Woodland/Multicam/ACU versions would be very awesome too. I don't care which camo you choose. I just love this addon so much. It has so many units to choose from and it keeps getting better!!

Great job McNools!!

And the amount of units have more than doubled now in the upcoming version, haha. :D (mostly because of the M4-versions though).

Still, Woodland/Multicam and ACU-versions might be something for the future, not this update, but in the future it's possible. :)

And the amount of units have more than doubled now in the upcoming version, haha. :D (mostly because of the M4-versions though).

Still, Woodland/Multicam and ACU-versions might be something for the future, not this update, but in the future it's possible. :)

Thats why this is the most epic addon pack for OA so far! I love it!! :D

And no rush on the other camos. Everything your making looks great and takes time. If you decide to do Woodland, Multicam or ACU versions, I'll totally download it! :D

oh yea more units :)

McNools i was wondering if you were able to make headgears, the one we choose in profile.

Mercenaries mod use nice headgears: helm, cap, gaz-mask etc.. and it would be great in your mod.

Yes, another update! :D

These units are great.

Could you expand on this point?

Guess I can answer that:

ACE will be auto-detected, then units carrying Vector rangefinders are automatically equipped with a battery for them.

The addon will add earplugs to the M249 and MK48 operators.

It will also replace SCAR mags with M110 mags for the M110 operator.

Last thing, makes the AI speak English when the ACE AI talk module is used.

Anything missing ?

Swe: den som kommer att ha hjälmen kan väl ha t.ex "takistani army" hjälmen och i framtiden för woodland camon kanske du kan gör "chernarus" tier 1 gubbar alltså NAPA killar med bättre vapen och undercover ChDKZ killar + killar som ser ut som civila

;)

Eng: the on that will have a helmet cant it have the "takistani army" helmet and in the future the woodland Camo gonna have you can do "chernarus" tier 1 guys thus NAPA guys with better arms and undercover ChDKZ guys + guys who look like civilians ;)