Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

Eng: the on that will have a helmet cant it have the "takistani army" helmet

Why would you want these US based units to wear a Russian helmet? :bored:

I for one would much rather prefer seeing Tier 1 units wearing some sort of Mich helmet instead of those....Egg shell helmets. :Oo:

Why would you want these US based units to wear a Russian helmet? :bored:

I for one would much rather prefer seeing Tier 1 units wearing some sort of Mich helmet instead of those....Egg shell helmets. :Oo:

what i was thinking was more undercover so if they wear an american helmet you can see that they are americans, and not these undercover ones but the taki helmet mayby is good for the undercover ones and the spec ops can have these "bike helmets" (it looks like bike helmets)

Undercover units in western/european clothing would be cool, then I could use them on Chenarus hehe :D

Retexture some 5-11 pants (have them in RL, Amazing), maybe some paca low visibility body armor barely seen underneath a jacket, . . . OH new thought: take the undercover guys, then add some simple chest harnesses and drop leg holsters and you have your VIP Security detail ;)

Edited by TheRev709

The heavies will be wearing the Mich Helmets (atleast I guess that's what they are?) that you can see on the picture a bit back. I haven't given any thought on adding Tier One Operators for european enviroments, since that would be a whole new (and huge) project. :)

By the way, progress is good, and I'm hoping for a release tomorrow (Swedish time, in other words, in about 12-15 hours or something, depending on how early (or more like, late) I get up tomorrow, haha!

Woot!

Can't wait McNools! You're awesome! :D

Alright, I just noticed the Mafia 2 Demo was just released.

Won't have time for these Tier one operators now, Bye!

nah, just kidding, still, holy crap! I've been waiting for this game since Mafia!

Alright, I just noticed the Mafia 2 Demo was just released.

Won't have time for these Tier one operators now, Bye!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

nah, just kidding, still, holy crap! I've been waiting for this game since Mafia!

WHEW . . . haven't been scared like that since I learned Uwe Boll was allowed to make another movie

Haha, actually, I found Postal quite entertaining, after about a whole bottle of whisky.

Anyway, I'm gonna try out the Mafia 2 demo now (sorry for being a bit offtopic).

If it isn't good, I'll probably be so dissapointed that I kill myself, but don't worry, I'll make sure to release the addon before I do, haha.

Okay, no more horrible jokes, the addon will be out tomorrow if everything goes smooth, I just need to take some screenshots, upload the files etc. but I'll do all of that tomorrow with a clear head. :)

Downloading the Mafia II demo aswell. :D

Cool, can't wait for tomorrow then...Besides the fact that I have to work...Ugh. Atleast I have something to look forward too.

Downloading the Mafia II demo aswell. :D

Cool, can't wait for tomorrow then...Besides the fact that I have to work...Ugh. Atleast I have something to look forward too.

That's the great thing about tomorrow, I don't have to work, haha!

Also, I get to see one of my favorite bands for free, which is nice.

By the way, progress is good, and I'm hoping for a release tomorrow (Swedish time, in other words, in about 12-15 hours or something, depending on how early (or more like, late) I get up tomorrow, haha!

haha well thats a huge problem for me now when its holyday :D

Well, here it is, Tier One Operators, Version 3.0.

Enjoy. :)

Screenshots (more info and download link etc. on the first page, as usual):

V3-6.jpg

V3-5.jpg

V3-4.jpg

V3-2.jpg

Edited by McNools

If you want to use anyone's work, including BIS, make sure you have license to do so.

The fact you can convert file formats does not grant you any rights to modify and re-distribute such data!

We released a lot of sample data under license permitting further modification, however, most of A2 or OA data are not licensed this way.

you could always just use the arma 1 sample models or the arma 2 and add stuff from the oa guys to them' date=' or whatever you want. It's not hard to convert from odol to mlod

plus, then you could make your own beards :D[/quote']

If you want to use anyone's work, including BIS, make sure you have license to do so.

The fact you can convert file formats does not grant you any rights to modify and re-distribute such data!

We released a lot of sample data under license permitting further modification, however, most of A2 or OA data are not licensed this way.

So does this mean he did that with these? Or is your comment only pertaining to the quote?

So does this mean he did that with these? Or is your comment only pertaining to the quote?

I think it's just about the quote, I didn't use any sample-models etc. here, I just used models and textures from OA and changed them, just like everybody else does. :)

Not correct.

In fact, this approach is really wrong. And this community needs for its own sake to understand licenses more.

This is probably best place to start to understand the concept of authorship and licenses:

http://creativecommons.org/about/licenses/

I just used models and textures from OA and changed them, just like everybody else does. :)

So what your'e saying is that I'm not allowed to release this? And neither is a whole lot of other people who has so far released retextures and other addons modifying textures/models/configs from ArmA2 and OA? In that case, it's a shame, since it would seriously hurt the addon community.

Edited by McNools

Im confused. Does this mean that like 90% of the modding community can no longer release there work because they use BIS models as a basis for their work?

So what your'e saying is that I'm not allowed to release this? And neither is a whole lot of other people who has so far released retextures and other addons modifying textures/models/configs from ArmA2 and OA? In that case, it's a shame, since it would seriously hurt the addon community.

It's kinda hard to know whether he is saying that but it kinda seems that way doesn't it?

Too bad my friend. You've done a fantastic job with this content. I thank you immensely for this.

Iam confused, i though this is an simple reskin addon? Did McNools rip off model parts?

Im confused. Does this mean that like 90% of the modding community can no longer release there work because they use BIS models as a basis for their work?

If thats true not just this addon had to be removed *ugly* :eek:

Edited by Clawhammer

The thing is that in order to add new textures, I had to modify the models with a hex-editor, and also, I used BI-textures as a basis when I did my textures. And I guess I don't have the license for that, and in that case, neither does anyone else who doesn't use sample-models released by BIS, which means a whole lot of the addons released for OA and A2.

The thing is that in order to add new textures, I had to modify the models with a hex-editor, and also, I used BI-textures as a basis when I did my textures. And I guess I don't have the license for that, and in that case, neither does anyone else who doesn't use sample-models released by BIS, which means a whole lot of the addons released for OA and A2.

If thats the problem most/all off the simple reskin addons had to be removed O.o