Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

Added unit: Medic (ver2), a medic with another model.

Thank you!!! You are my hero dude ;) Once I roll out my campaign you'll see why I wanted a medic without the shemagh :)

This is my favorite addon by far :yay:

Thank you!!! You are my hero dude ;) Once I roll out my campaign you'll see why I wanted a medic without the shemagh :)

This is my favorite addon by far :yay:

Let me know when that campaign comes out and I'll try it. :) thanks mate!

Thanks. :)

By the way, in the changelog I call the new unit Spotter, while ingame it's called CCT, (Combat Controller Technician)

Also, I think there was a problem with the sniper, so it still uses the old model, can anyone confirm this?

Hey McNools, very cool addon, thanks!

One problem, can't use it on dedicated with sig check on, there seems to be a problem with the signing.

Even tried renaming ftmchtier1.ext.ftmchtier1.bisign to ftmch_tier_one.pbo.ftmchtier1.bisign (as it should be) but still get kicked.

Should be trivial to fix. Thanks again.

Ah, I thought it might be signed wrong, and I asked, but nobody told me if it was or not, I'll try uploading a new signed file and see if that works.

Here you go:

http://www.filefront.com/17173044/ftmch_tier_one.pbo.FtmchTier1.bisign

Can you try it right away and see if it works? in that case I'll upload a new version right away (with the fixed sniper-thingy aswell)

Edited by McNools

I've just put up a new hotfixed version with a signed key that will hopefully work, could someone please try the new key out quickly and see if it works properly?

Edit: Oh crap, I just realized I included the wrong pbo in the file, sorry about that, I'll have to upload it again,

Edit again: There, the hotfixed link is up now, I hope the signed file works this time.

Edited by McNools

Got the full hotfixed package, sorry to say but still getting wrong signature :(

Guessing you altered the .pbo after signing it or used the wrong key to sign it.

One easy way to sign an already packaged .pbo:

Create a file, name it mypbosign.cmd for example. Have this in it with correct paths:

<path to>\DSSignFile.exe <path to>\ftmchtier1.biprivatekey %1

Make a convenient shortcut for it to desktop.

Now simply drag and drop any .pbo file on top of the shortcut and you'll get the signature in the same folder as the .pbo

Also make sure the .biprivatekey and the .bikey show the same modified time.

HTH

Edited by Robalo_AS

Got the full hotfixed package, sorry to say but still getting wrong signature :(

Guessing you altered the .pbo after signing it or used another key to sign it.

Hm.. that's a shame, well, unfortunatly I don't know how to fix it.

Edit: wait a minute, could be because I didn't create the signature with binpbo, will upload ANOTHER new version, haha. I really don't understand this whole signature-thingy, so I probably did it wrong.

Edit: Nope again, apparently binarizing it crashed the game for me. Will try your method.

Edited by McNools

Please check my previous post, I edited it with hopefully useful info.

Edit: Nope again, apparently binarizing it crashed the game for me. Will try your method.

If binarizing failed you ended up with zero byte .p3d files. You can still sign with BinPBO and uncheck the binarize box.

Edited by Robalo_AS

Please check my previous post, I edited it with hopefully useful info.

Yeah, I just tried that trick, will upload it so you can have a look. (shame it takes half an hour to upload though)

and if this doesn't work, I'll try signing it with binpbo without binarizing. Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it.

Come to think about it, I might aswell try the other method and upload it at the same time.

Do I have to do anything with the FtmchTier1.bikey by the way? it has the same date and time as the FtmchTier1.biprivatekey

Edited by McNools

Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it.

Come to think about it, I might aswell try the other method and upload it at the same time.

Do I have to do anything with the FtmchTier1.bikey by the way? it has the same date and time as the FtmchTier1.biprivatekey

No, just verifying they match, looks good then.

Either way you wan to sign it should work.

Glad to help. If the .pbo is the same as the hotfixed one and you want a quick check just PM me the .bisign.

No, just verifying they match, looks good then.

Either way you wan to sign it should work.

Glad to help. If the .pbo is the same as the hotfixed one and you want a quick check just PM me the .bisign.

wasn't sure if that would work, but yes, it's the same as far as I know, will send it over.

just noticed a small bug, the Medic v2 doesnt have a medic icon. nothing major though, loving the update :D

for mcnools

picture = "\Ca\characters\data\Ico\i_Med_CA.paa";

Icon = "\Ca\characters2\data\icon\i_medic_CA.paa";

just to speed things up

Edited by Fox '09

ah, yeah, I know how to fix it, however, I'm almost ready with the next upload, and if I'm to fix that, I need to re-upload it again, which takes about 40 minutes or so, and I want to go to bed, haha, so probably no fix for that problem this time. You'll have to use your imagination and pretend that it has a medic-icon!

Edit: Hm, checking the config, it SHOULD have the same icon as the other medic, a proper medic-icon that is, hm. Oh well, I might look into it more for a future update though.

Confirmed signature files OK with latest hotfixed full package.

Thanks!

Confirmed signature files OK with latest hotfixed full package.

Thanks!

Great! I'll put the link up on the first page right away, thanks again for your help man, a lot, I'll mention you on the first page. :)

Edit: Haha, oh my, I lost the link, could you write it down for me? (I really need some sleep, haha)

Edit again: Aight, I got the link in the PM, The new version is now uploaded on the first page, mirrors are welcome, sorry about all the trouble guys,

Edited by McNools

An armaholic-mirror is up now, everyone should get this update if you want to use this addon for multiplayer.

Thanks mate! it's important that people see it so they can use the addon properly in MP. :)

Thanks old bear! :)