Sign in to follow this  
mcnools

[OA]Tier One Operators V3.x (now with heavies!)

I'll be using these for my Delta force campaign which will be out soon. Thanks!

ah, that's a shame. :/ I don't use ACE myself, so I probably won't make them compatible, if someone else would like to do it I wouldn't mind though! But they shouldn't do it right now, I'm working hard on a new version that'll feature some more variety in clothing, aswell as a couple of new units, and possibly even more civilian-looking units aswell. (possibly using the independent guerilla-models or civilian models, haven't started checking that yet)

I don't know if I was doing it wrong the first time or if its because of the new update but the ACE keys seem to be functioning! I'm really liking the look of the local operators and the beards!

Using it with the description.ext it worked, or at least I think it did as my character had a nice black beard haha. I'll be trying it on other units like default Deltas.

Ah! Nice! shame it doesn't work with setface in the editor though.

Let those beards grow!

I don't know if I was doing it wrong the first time or if its because of the new update but the ACE keys seem to be functioning! I'm really liking the look of the local operators and the beards!

I'm glad it works, it's probably because of the new update, I redid the config a whole lot. :)

By the way guys, I think I might have forgotten to make the medic work correctly (healing wounded etc.), can you try it out a little and report back? I've fixed this issue for the next version anyway (I think)

And by the way again, can someone who only has Operation Arrowhead confirm if this works or not? if it doesn't anyway I might add some stuff from Arma2 (maybe some more undercover-versions with different M4's). But if it does work with just Arrowhead, I'd like to stay compatible.

and I think I've gotten the hang of groups, so expect some groups in the next version. :)

Edited by McNools

Awesome work! Now my special operations task force is almost complete along with Ard's Seals and SJB's SAS. Just waiting on a more accurate representation of Army Rangers and Special Forces and I'm set.

Ah! Nice! shame it doesn't work with setface in the editor though.

Let those beards grow!

I'm glad it works, it's probably because of the new update, I redid the config a whole lot. :)

By the way guys, I think I might have forgotten to make the medic work correctly (healing wounded etc.), can you try it out a little and report back? I've fixed this issue for the next version anyway (I think)

And by the way again, can someone who only has Operation Arrowhead confirm if this works or not? if it doesn't anyway I might add some stuff from Arma2 (maybe some more undercover-versions with different M4's). But if it does work with just Arrowhead, I'd like to stay compatible.

and I think I've gotten the hang of groups, so expect some groups in the next version. :)

Yep medics are not healing, You can ask them to heal you 100 times and they wont even move lol.

Great job with the update man! Love to see them dressed in more local garb.

Checked all of them in Standalone OA and they are working fine. No missing weapons and stuff.

Just one more thing: Could you put pistols in their holsters? The empty holsters look just stupid, esp. when they carry pistols.

Edited by W0lle

I'm guessing no, since he doesn't have the mlods , are working holsters present in the regular delta force / ksk guys?

D'oh thought they are complete new models. OK then of course no pistols in holsters.

Nope, BIS never puts pistols in holsters. For whatever reason.

Yes, unfortunatly I can't edit the models, it's quite a compliment that you think they are complete new models though! show's that textures can do a lot. :)

I think I've fixed the medic-issue, I'm gonna add some groups and wait for more minor bugs to fix, so go play, and let me know if you notice anything!

Haven't read the entire thread, but did you base them on the MoH 'Tier 1' characters? Because as far as I know there is no such thing as a 'Tier 1' group IRL.

Either way, good units. I tried to 'Americanize' the Takistan guerrilla units (independants) through scripting because I also want to make a mission with SF dressed up as locals, but it only partly worked. I can't get them to be on the BLUFOR side. I'd rather do it through scripting because I want the required addons to be as low as possible for my missions, but if all else fails I can use these. Good job. Judging from the pic they look very nice.

Are the faces from standard ArmA 2 and OA, or did you make them yourself? One thing I don't like about BIS' lighting engine is that no matter how much you darken and sharpen a beard on a custom face, it always goes bright and blurry when you use it in-game. I wish BIS would fix that very annoying bug.

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

I didn't really base them on them, I was just a bit inspired, "Tier 1" is basically (from what I've gathered) the most elite units in the US, not a specific group, Delta Force are apparently classed as "Tier 1" for instance. I just wanted some elite operators looking like they're trying to blend in with the locals and are operating behind enemy lines etc. :) And I wanted them to have a generic name, so that people can use them as deltas or CIA or some made-up unit etc.

The faces are fron standard arma 2 and OA but modified by me, I took beards from the Takistani faces and added them to other faces etc. And since I use the new head-models that lighting bug isn't as obvious on the more bearded faces. :)

Edited by McNools

Either way, good units. I tried to 'Americanize' the Takistan guerrilla units (independants) through scripting because I also want to make a mission with SF dressed up as locals, but it only partly worked. I can't get them to be on the BLUFOR side. I'd rather do it through scripting because I want the required addons to be as low as possible for my missions, but if all else fails I can use these.

Very easy to do, just create a BLUFOR/WEST unit and set it's probability of presence to 0, then group all your enemy units to the blufor unit. All the units are BLUFOR afterwards and will be shot by BLUFOR enemies.

There's also some other blargh like "set fried [...]" line you can add to the init line but I don't remember that one clearly.

==

@McNools

It's very possible to add long beards (even without mlods), you would just have to create a custom beard model and set it up as glasses, then apply the "glasses" to the identity of the soldiers.

That's also how Schnapsdrossel gave his units gasmasks etc... you can have a look at how it's done in these units i created some time ago:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=9750

Or, for a short synopsis, see:

The important config parts:

First the headmodel get's defined.

class CfgHeads
{
class DefaultHead;
class [color="Red"]ice_paramil_hut1: DefaultHead[/color]
{
 model = "\ca\characters\Heads\male\DefaultHead\DefaultHead";
 class Wounds
 {
  tex[] = {};
  mat[] = {"ca\Characters\Heads\Male\DefaultHead\data\hhl_white.rvmat","ca\Characters\Heads\Male\DefaultHead\data\hhl_white_wounds.rvmat","ca\Characters\Heads\Male\DefaultHead\data\hhl_white_wounds2.rvmat"};
 };
};

};
[/Code]

[b]The faces for the units to use... and their identities[/b]
[Code]
class Man;
class Custom;
class Default;
class CfgFaces
{
class Default;
class Man: Default
{
 class Default;
 class ice_paramil_hutface1: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_46_CO.paa";
  [color="Red"]identityTypes[] = {"ice_paramil_ID_1","ice_paramil_ID_2"};
  head = "ice_paramil_hut1";[/color]
  disabled = 0;
 };
 class ice_paramil_hutface2: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_01_CO.paa";
  identityTypes[] = {"ice_paramil_ID_1","ice_paramil_ID_2"};
  head = "ice_paramil_hut1";
  disabled = 0;
 };
 class ice_paramil_hutface3: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_05_CO.paa";
  disabled = 0;
 };
 class ice_paramil_hutface4: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_10_CO.paa";
  disabled = 0;
 };
 class ice_paramil_hutface5: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_15_CO.paa";
  disabled = 0;
 };
 class ice_paramil_hutface6: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_20_CO.paa";
  disabled = 0;
 };
 class ice_paramil_hutface7: Default
 {
  name = "Hut 1";
  texture = "\ca\characters\hhl\hhl_23_CO.paa";
  disabled = 0;
 };
};
};
[/Code]

[code]
class CfgIdentities
{
class ice_paramil_ID_1
{
 name = "Hut";
 face = "Man";
 speaker = "Male02EN";
 pitch = 1;
  [color="Red"]glasses = "ice_paramil_hut_glass";[/color]
};

class ice_paramil_ID_2
{
 name = "Hut";
 face = "Man";
 speaker = "Male02EN";
 pitch = 1;
 [color="Red"]glasses = "ice_paramil_hut_glass2";[/color]
};
};

And, finally... the "glasses" (Here I used them to add hats)

class CfgGlasses
{

class [color="Red"]ice_paramil_hut_glass[/color]
{
 scope = 1;
 name = "para mil hat";
 model = "\ice_paramil\hut.p3d";
 [color="Red"]identityTypes[] = {"ice_paramil_ID_1",1};[/color]
 disabled = 1;
};

class ice_paramil_hut_glass2
{
 scope = 1;
 name = "para mil hat";
 model = "\ice_paramil\hut2.p3d";
 identityTypes[] = {"ice_paramil_ID_2",1};
 disabled = 1;
};
};

And then, in cfgvehicles, the identities...

class CfgVehicles
{
class All;
class AllVehicles;
class ThingEffect;
class Land;
class CAManBase;
class USMC_Soldier2 ;

class ice_paramil_rifleman_MD: USMC_Soldier2
{

scope=2;
displayName="Medic";
model = "\ice_paramil\ins_soldier_g.p3d";
attendant = 1;
weapons[] = {"AK_47_S","NVGoggles","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio","Makarov" };
magazines[] = {"30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","HandGrenade_east","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","SmokeShell","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov" };
respawnweapons[] = {"AK_47_S","NVGoggles","Throw","Put","ItemMap","ItemCompass","ItemWatch","ItemRadio" };
respawnmagazines[] = {"30Rnd_762x39_AK47","30Rnd_762x39_AK47","HandGrenade_east","SmokeShell"};
vehicleClass = "ice_paramil_mud";
faction = "ice_paramil_faction";
[color="Red"]identityTypes[] = {"ice_paramil_ID_1","ice_paramil_ID_2"};[/color]
[/Code]

Edited by Icewindo

ah, so it is possible, but then I'd have to have good quality beard-models (I can't model at all) and make textures for all of them which suits the different hair-colours on the faces etc. and I don't think I have the energy for that at the moment), still, it's a good idea for the future, and if someone made a beard-mod you could add the beards using the description.ext of your mission if you wanted them, thanks though, :)

Have you guys found any more bugs yet by the way? I've fixed the icons-issue, the medic-issue and I've added some groups (and a undercover-sniper), since the medic-bug affects the gameplay alot I'd like to release the update as soon as possible, maybe tonight.

Edited by McNools

@Icewindo I knew about that trick but I assumed it doesn't actually turn the Independents into BLUFOR in the role selection screen. I'll try it out though, thanks.

And yeah, Schnappsdrossel's way of adding the gasmasks and helmets worked very well, I hope you'll consider adding a couple of beards that way. I'm sure someone out there is willing to help. :)

EDIT: just tried them out in the editor, they are awesome, man. Definitely the most authentic SF operators I've ever seen in ArmA. You've clearly done your research. Very good. And you even fixed the blurry beard bug! :) BIS can learn from you. This is the first time my custom face actually works the way it's supposed to. Thanks.

To make the addon even better I would suggest making squads and sniper / AT teams so people can easily place them using the F2 (Group) function.

Also, not sure if this bug has been mentioned already: the eyes of Operator (v2), the black guy with the shemagh, are messed up. Should be easy to fix.

EDIT 2: a suggestion, perhaps add a couple units that wear fleece sweaters? See pic.

39593819.jpg

Special Forces Calling in Close Air Support at Kondoz (Source)

Edited by Buzz_Fledderjohn

Really Nice Work McNools, i love it (the beards Faces, ar fantastics) !!! :D

But somehow have all "Tier One" Units no Wound/Wounding Textures ?

Also, not sure if this bug has been mentioned already: the eyes of Operator (v2), the black guy with the shemagh, are messed up. Should be easy to fix.

Ah, haven't noticed that, I'll see what I can do. :)

and the fleece-jacket is a good idea, but I don't think I can handle any more texturing right now, when I close my eyes I see photoshop, I DREAM about texturing at night! haha, and yes, the next version will have groups. :)

Edit: Okay, I checked the faces out, it seems that the german model is slighly racist and doesn't work properly with the black head, so I had to make those models use the german faceclass instead, oh well!

Really Nice Work McNools, i love it (the beards Faces, ar fantastics) !!!

But somehow have all "Tier One" Units no Wound/Wounding Textures ?

I know, they have no wound-textures, unfortunatly I don't think I can do anything about this, since the original models I used for the operators didn't have wound-textures either, I might be able to add then for the undercover-operators though, I'll see what I can do!

Oh and by the way, it would be nice if you guys could take some screenshots I can add on the front-page. :)

Edited by McNools

a little update has been released on the first page.

Minor changes:

- Fixed icons for the units

- Signed addon

- Fixed Medic, didn't work as a medic before

- Fixed bugged faces on the soldiers using the KSK-model

Added Squads:

Tier One Patrol Team

Tier One Combat Team

Tier One Sniper team

Undercover Assault Team

Undercover Patrol Team

Undercover Sniper Team

Added new units:

Undercover sniper

Edited by McNools

Maybe someone has already mentioned this, but can you edit the bearded dude model from ArmA 1: Queen's Gambit? (I am asking this only if it is legal, since I don't know whether B.I. has offered a model that can be edited.)

you can port forward, but not back.

Bad benson made some Tier 1 guys with beards, DCU pants and whatnot, custom vests, perhaps contact him for his beards, and whatever else you want.. although you are not working with mlods.

Your'e welcome. :) It should be better now when you can actually use the medics, haha