Sign in to follow this  
thr0tt

Latest Beta Patch: 72107

If anyone else has this please reply so we may enter a ticket.

I played the Cipher Takistan mission. I picked the 4x4 with the grenade/commander machine gun. The tires and the gun textures would not load. They are just blocks. The rest of the vehicle is fine.

Is anyone talking about PSO scope in SVD or AK?

It seems that there is a tritium bulb in the PSO scope for illumination at night. I don't know how it works in real life, but I know in OA I can hardly see in dark night.

and about CLOCK 17, it has fluorescence point on the aperture and front sight, but the fluorescence point doesn't work at night either.

great work i can now use game logic in 3d editor.how do i run the exe. with all my mods like ACE and still use the beta patch.?

i am using the steam version.

Edited by deacons1987

I am experiencing random freezes with this beta. It happened a few times, in Domination and Warfare. It happens after an hour or so playing. I see no log or anything to post here. Game just freezes and then i have to press CTRL + ALT + DEL. Process keeps using 50% cpu (i have quad core, it uses 2 cores at 100%) but the game does not respond or recover.

Anyone with this same issue ?

I have no problem with normal version. Temps are ok, i have Ati 5850 and Phenom II 955BE.

I used this beta last night and put a single soldier in Zargabad (as I do for betas, gradually adding in stuff) and noticed in several of the new buildings the outside staircases are invisible - they are still there and you can walk up them, just not see them. The shadows are also still there.

And, there is a new building with 3 shops included, and the fronts to these shops appear to be blurred textures which you can walk through into the internals of the building.

Anyone else seen this ?

I used this beta last night and put a single soldier in Zargabad (as I do for betas, gradually adding in stuff) and noticed in several of the new buildings the outside staircases are invisible - they are still there and you can walk up them, just not see them. The shadows are also still there.

And, there is a new building with 3 shops included, and the fronts to these shops appear to be blurred textures which you can walk through into the internals of the building.

Anyone else seen this ?

got exact location ?

Let my map sit unattended overnight in HOSTED mode. When I returned the game had crashed with this error shortly after the onplayerconnected had fired:

Exception code: C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 0059D1E2

graphics: D3D9, Device: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series, Driver:aticfx32.dll 8.17.10.24

resolution: 1600x1200x32

Addons:

<long list of loaded stuff omitted>

Mods: ca;expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;dua

Distribution: 1485

Version 1.52.72107

Fault address: 0059D1E2 01:0019C1E2 C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe

file: co@13_LAID_OAv2_2 (__cur_mp)

world: isladuala

Prev. code bytes: 87 94 05 00 00 6B F6 24 8B 74 30 0C 85 F6 74 DB

Fault code bytes: 83 BE E8 02 00 00 00 7E D2 8B 86 E4 02 00 00 8B

Registers:

EAX:1E48A800 EBX:2C3B1000

ECX:2C3B1578 EDX:00000007

ESI:66664565 EDI:2C3B1000

CS:EIP:0023:0059D1E2

SS:ESP:002B:017DF690 EBP:017DF7DC

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010206

=======================================================

None of my code has ever crashed the game with a graphics error like this, so I wonder if it's possible for a client player with a custom face or other such tweaks to crash a hosted server.

DXDIAG reported system info:

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/15/09 10:09:10 Ver: 08.00.15

Processor: Intel® Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz

Memory: 6144MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM

Page File: 1870MB used, 10397MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series

Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x6898)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Display Memory: 3824 MB

Dedicated Memory: 1012 MB

Shared Memory: 2811 MB

Current Mode: 1600 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver Name: aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver File Version: 8.17.0010.0024 (English)

Driver Version: 8.732.0.0

DDI Version: 10.1

Driver Model: WDDM 1.1

Driver Attributes: Final Retail

Driver Date/Size: 5/4/2010 20:18:36, 584704 bytes

Driver Strong Name: oem17.inf:ATI.Mfg.NTamd64.6.1:ati2mtag_Evergreen:8.732.0.0:pci\ven_1002&dev_6898

Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_A ModeMPEG2_C

DDraw Status: Enabled

D3D Status: Enabled

AGP Status: Enabled

The onPreloadFinished command is still bugged.

Everything put into onLoadFinished will execute every time a loadscreen shows.

When a player change settings, alt-tab and sometimes when going back from map.

Let my map sit unattended overnight in HOSTED mode. When I returned the game had crashed with this error shortly after the onplayerconnected had fired:

can you please follow instructions here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

and create ticket plus upload Your crashdump files?

got exact location ?

The buildings next to the building site at 037 043 - but I have tried all day to replicate it but since restarting the stairs and buildings are back to normal. I'll re-post if it happens again, but its currently running very well for me.

Could it be because every building can be entered in OA, unlike the other games where many were basic 3D models, now you have 50x the polygons and geometry complexion for every building you see.

Yes that`s true, but in many situations the FPS are fine and the game stutters though. At buildings it is the worst but also on open field without many objects the game stutters or the FPS goes for short time down.

I think a little bit optimation would not bad ;)

Yes that`s true, but in many situations the FPS are fine and the game stutters though. At buildings it is the worst but also on open field without many objects the game stutters or the FPS goes for short time down.

yeah I get bad FPS everywhere, but its absolutely horrible on Zargabad.

I only got OA the other night. installed with latest beta and get lots of slow downs in citys on donimation 2 20 - 30fps. Compared to Arma 2 donimation 2 with ACE 35 - 60 in citys.

Hi,

This is the third time happening. Game all of a sudden locks up *freeze* no crash no black screen, i still see the game and it comes back after 30-40 seconds.

No mods, only latest beta, happened both when CPU is O.C and not O.C. I thought it was 10.6 ATI driver but went down to 10.4 but still same problem. This happened offline simply giving the disembark command.

Here is the report file.

http://www.filefront.com/17110631/arma2oa.RPT

Let me know if you need any other files.

Update: I played the vanila version with no lock ups so far. I don't see it as CPU temp. issue because i have always played arma2 with O.C CPU. one thing i did is reinstalled the game because i updated the RAID firmware from intel after i have installed the game, so i will play more and report back.

Edited by InFireBaptize

InFireBaptize that happens to me too. The only difference is that i do not wait for the game to come back, but i'll try to wait next time it freezes to see what happens.

I wrote my problem in page 3.

InFireBaptize that happens to me too. The only difference is that i do not wait for the game to come back, but i'll try to wait next time it freezes to see what happens.

I wrote my problem in page 3.

at one point, my PC wouldn't even respond to Ctrl+alt+del so i had to hard boot the PC.

In the report I can see following:

Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,2048x2048 (size 2796200 B), Error 8876017c
Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
Virtual memory free 3033 MB (3181256704 B)
Physical memory free 1592 MB (1670205440 B)
Page file free 7 MB (7593984 B)

The last line seems alarming to me. You are running out of paging file space, which is limiting your memory allocations. Increasing the page file (may need to clear some disk space first) should help.

Moreover, your report shows:

Exe version: 1.52.72018

Please, make sure you are really running lastest beta 72107 - the report file seems to show you are running an older version.

Edited by Suma

Anyone else gets crashes that gives a black screen only? Sound continues and i have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it. Happened a lot since first OA version. There is no crash log either when this happens.

Used everything from 1gb-6gb pagefile. Going to try and up it some more and see if that helps.

Did the netcode change ? I played Takistan Benny's Warfare in OA multiple times on different servers with good pings (at first) and I seemed to notice more warping of AI at a distance and I lost connection after an hour or two of gameplay each time. Never really happened before in Arma 2.

It could be on my side, though, or mission related, or simple coincidence, but I wondered if other people experienced it.

Anyone else gets crashes that gives a black screen only? Sound continues and i have to ctrl+alt+del to get out of it. Happened a lot since first OA version. There is no crash log either when this happens.

Used everything from 1gb-6gb pagefile. Going to try and up it some more and see if that helps.

Alex, I haven't had a crash yet. The closest was when I was turning in tight circles in Zargabad with a lot of AI, the rotational blur went a little crazy and the game hung for about 2 minutes. I've tried to replicate this since (to force a crash) but it hasn't happened.

Nope, luckily no crashes or performance issues so far.

I7 920

HD 5850

6 gig RAM

Win 7 64

everything at stock, running both ArmA2 and OA maxed out @1920*1080 with 6.6 k VD @around 30-40 fps.

I´m kind of a graphics junkie, just need all the bells ´n whistles (what else is a high end system good for :p) as long the overall feeling is smooth without slowdowns or hangups or microstutter whatsoever :D

Dwarden & Suma - I've got those Anistropic Filtering screenshots for you.

This is in all versions of OA (maybe base game too haven't checked).

I took a set of 3 shots.

#1 - AF off.

#2 - In game AF at max.

#3 - In-Game AF OFF, but Nvidia control panel settings at max override. You can see half-way back a siginificant difference. Each screeshot is unaltered and I cut out shots #4 and #5 so it's easier to see.

The override settings are:

Ansitropic Filtering: 16x

Negative LOD Bias: Clamp

I had to create a zipfile because the 5 pics are big (9 Meg total):

http://www.jeffpinard.com/ArmA2OA_Anistropic_Filtering.zip

I'm probably one of those people who blurry/muddy textures bothers, but many people might not notice.

Edited by jpinard

Had one yesterday and of course it had to be while being pilot and moving the MHQ :).

So you are not alone.

In the report I can see following:

Cannot create video memory surface DXT1,2048x2048 (size 2796200 B), Error 8876017c
Virtual memory total 4095 MB (4294836224 B)
Virtual memory free 3033 MB (3181256704 B)
Physical memory free 1592 MB (1670205440 B)
Page file free 7 MB (7593984 B)

The last line seems alarming to me. You are running out of paging file space, which is limiting your memory allocations. Increasing the page file (may need to clear some disk space first) should help.

Moreover, your report shows:

Please, make sure you are really running lastest beta 72107 - the report file seems to show you are running an older version.[/QUOTe]

this must be an old rpt file back when i was testing the pagefile (no pagefile, system managed) which caused crashes. Lately i never crashed, the game would just locks up then comes back that's why a new rpt was never created. The pagefile size i have right now is system managed on a separate hard drive *installed specifically for pagefile*.

Thanks Suma.